Please revert elite set completion to 1.8k

It’s still handed out if you have the :dollar:.

Let’s stop pretending that you can’t buy 2400. All this talk of “prestige” and “flexing” doesn’t exist anymore.

1 Like

What is the top 10% because 2.2k being the top 10% doesn’t say anything, the potential for improvement at that rating is still immense

maybe thats the top 10% because there’s no incentive to try harder because the best looking sets in the game are handed to you at 1800.

I’ve stepped foot into a mythic raid maybe twice and feel no loss about it because i can jus goof off to 1800 and get the same set in a diff color

I mean it does still exist, no one is carried to rank 1, and if gladiator was still top .5%, I would still be very impressed by every gladiator.

i can think of one… He streams his RMT too.

Let’s also stop comparing pve to pvp. The top 10% was around 1800 last time I checked.

I think Blizzard should add a season pass that would let you straight up buy the rewards you can get with rating.

This would ensure everyone can get the items!

You can either earn the rewards in game, or earn them through a safe means provided directly by Blizzard.

All the money earned from a season pass would go into future PvP development as well!

It is a win-win for everyone!

See but people see you Mud and they have respect for your achievements you’ve accomplished without buying it. You earned it. People see you in your mount and are impressed. That pride is still there and everyone wants to be looked up to like you but without the hard work you have put in.

Previously there were no rewards between 1800 and 2100. So I like the idea of putting the Elite set in the middle of that range.

1950 is still very much achievable considering the length and inflation of Shadowland seasons. And also considering that it felt like most people got 1800 before the middle of the season and never queued again after that.

1950 is 100% still in range for the majority of that population. And the Elite set is limited time and therefore more prestigious than PvE sets. It shouldn’t be too easy, imo.

Just need an additional reward between 2400 and r1 so people who get Gladiator still have a reason to queue.

Yo is reading comprehension so hard that that’s all you got from my post?

That was an extremely minor point to emphasize the big picture

What you quoted doesn’t have PvE mentioned in it, you ok?

I mean if that’s the case, realistically he’s probably at least a 2500-2700 player on his own, and playing with partners that are the best, of the best, of the best. If he wasn’t at least that good, I don’t think even 3200 players could carry him to rank 1. On the other hand, if his partners weren’t 3200 level players, he must be a better player than you’re saying because they wouldn’t be able to carry him to rank 1.

Also I’ve ran into people who’ve obtained gladiator but then don’t know what mind games does. Or last season ran into a monk who was asking why everyone was lagging cause he didn’t know about the MC bug. Boosted people are noticeable.

Yes, .5% is still prestigious. I wasn’t really talking about that.

What I’m talking about is the argument that rewards should be more rare. If you want something to be impressive, put it at a rating you can’t buy. Otherwise, put it somewhere most players can obtain it.

If you put a carrot on a stick that’s too far away, people will lose interest.

A token to earn progression to redeem something from a static vault of cosmetics? Sort of like a step above saddles.

The point was you shouldn’t compare pvp to pve. If you did that in BFA, you’d see that blizzard thought 2100 was = to a +15 key which was faaaar from true.

Are you okay?

Inflation hasn’t occurred the way it did in previous expansions. In fact, at some points, it’s definitely deflated as the season went on. I think this has mainly to do with the declining arena population, and titles being instant (People have less reason to continue queuing).

And like the mythic raid set, it really shouldn’t be a limited time thing. It’s really dumb tbh.

In regard to what they should do between 2400 and rank 1. 2400 should just be elite title, .5% should be gladiator and .1% continue to be rank 1%.

All timed 15s in season 3 = 2400. If going by rank 4 essence comparison.

Pretty clown of blizzard to think that even when 10s were the progression cap for weekly ilvl in 8.2.

1 Like

Season 1 was an anomaly due to Blizzard nerfing mmr. Guarantee that the inflation this season will top the first 3 seasons of BfA at minimum.

After some thought, I’m convinced this change to the elite set was to promote more boosting…

Speaking of 15 keys, I just failed a NW right before the 3rd boss with 18 minutes left because a tank DC’d, and filling that +14 to get it back to a 15 is going to be a pain. Maybe this game is just trash.

100% agree with your last point. The problem is there is no carrot that’s too far away for 99% of the people commenting in this thread. Everything is achievable with enough work to them. They’re the top .1% and downplay how rare their skill really is. You are 100% right though, when you’re the REAL average player, that plays at 1400-1600 there are ratings that look absolutely impossible (and in essence they are for these players for the time). For them, it reaches a point of “why bother”. You can say that’s a bad attitude, and perhaps it is, but by giving them little to no incentive to continue to improve, we get a dead arena ladder.

3 Likes