Please revert back to Personal Loot / Here is why

Dude I’m not scrolling through a 700+ post thread to quote your melt down back at you. I read it all this morning and that’s that. And now I don’t believe in your good faith on this.

Personal Loot already does this.

This statement is at odds with your previous statement about wasted loot drops.

So it’s a neutral change on this specific front.

Because I was saying that this is a good system before karma for all the abuse I got from the forced PL for everyone crowd got brought up.

You realize you can just scroll through his responses instead of the whole thread right?

It’s not at odds when you consider Carhagen will never say Blizzard was wrong, on anything, ever. Guy defended Covenants and Conduit Energy for cripe’s sake.

It’s a change that’s unrelated to the looting method.

Dude I was outraged when ML came out. But unlike you, I’m not petty enough to defend the loot system equivalent of Conduit Energy.

The fact alone you call it Karma outs you as a bad faith actor, not unlike our friend Carhagen here who defends everything Blizzard does, ever.

Tier on beta looks like it will use tokens, same as sepulcher.

Probably, but he also probably realizes that it would defeat his point.

Someone consistently making contradictory statements doesn’t make those statements any less contradictory, it just makes the behaviour expected.

Again, I think group loot, as in rolling for loot for main spec, off spec etc, is fine. It’s far better than personal loot in my opinion.

The only thing that is flawed about the system that Blizzard is implementing, as far as I am concerned, is that there will be the potential for wasted drops. That’s literally the only issue I have with the system.

I do not care for personal loot. I never cared for it. It created way too much loot drama where folks would be expected to hand over their loot to someone else, or they’d get endlessly badgered by players if they ‘needed’ loot because they looted it and the other player didn’t.

And while that whispering may still happen in a group loot setting, at least the other players have a chance at getting the loot and if you don’t actually need it, you’re free to greed roll or pass.

So did I, because some people actually LIKE restrictive RPG systems. I still play pen & papers on a bi-weekly basis for a couple of hours on the weekend.

Ahh, well that’s good at least. No wasted drops for tier then, since even using the old tier token systems from TBC onwards had multiple classes able to use certain tokens.

Conduit Energy is not an RPG system. Literally never had Conduit Energy in D&D. It’s a mobile game “come back tomorrow and monetize us more!” strategy.

Does your DM prevent you from camping to memorize different spells because you lack Daily Spell Learning energy ?

No. Of course not.

Actually, yes. We just had a goblin encounter where our wizard had no offensive cantrips so he was forced to run into melee and slap people for unarmed damage xD

That has literally nothing to do with Conduit energy and everything to do with having the wrong spells memorized.

No mechanic in D&D is like “you’ve used your 2 real word daily charges, you’re done”, because no one plays RPGs based on the real time clock of real life.

But we digress, the system was rightfully scrapped for being the worse thing in Shadowlands ever and you should just feel bad for defending it.

AFAIK, there is no ability re-spec of any sort in DnD. only make permanent choices when you level up.

And some might see parallels between things like covenants and, at least for clerics, deities in D&D, in that choosing one tends to preclude choosing another and makeing that choice can lock one out of particular spell schools.

Well thats true, everything is done in game time.

It just so happens that WoW’s game time also is real time.

So its like my barbarian, I have a certain number of rounds of rage to use for the day. Just like conduit energy had a certain amount of charges before you couldn’t swap conduits anymore.

They both recharge at the start of a new day. Or was conduit weekly? Honestly don’t remember its been a while. XD

The DM already provides a way for a Cleric to realign his faith. But a D&D player also doesn’t need to switch, because the DM usually crafts the campaign based on the party he has to play with to make for a good experience, which M+, PvP and Raiding can’t exactly do.

On the inverse, you have RPGs like Final Fantasy where you can literally switch classes entirely (oh wait, Humans can also do that in AD&D using Dual Classing).

For the in game day. Lay on Hands was 24 hour, in game. So a party suddenly camping for 2 days and the DM just flash forwarding the time meant the cooldown on the ability reset in a few minutes of real world time.

But like I said, completely besides the point. Idle Heroes Conduit Energy was scrapped mid patch with good reason. The fact it’s the same crowd defending both it and Group Loot is quite telling. Bet it’s also the crowd who thought Azerite Armor was great as shipped in 8.0 and that removing flying in WoD was a good idea.

Not having personal loot in LFR is just bad. There is no way one could ever defend the contrary.

1 Like

I still haven’t seen any use case in LFR that’s not already possible with PL.