Please return survival back to ranged or give hunters a 4th spec

There are ALWAYS fights where bosses/adds can’t be put near each other and historically hunter is absolutely god awful in those fights compared to literally every other ranged viable class. I mean look at QC where every other ranged class can actually benefit from two bosses being active the entire fight.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23#boss=2311

3 Likes

And MSV did? MSV has been the least popular spec in mythic raiding since it came out because there is ZERO reason to ever bring one to your raid. Melee spots are tight and MSV brings absolutely nothing to the group compared to a phys damage buff, magic damage buff, AP buff, or cloak.

2 Likes

Ask the 1000 hunters with CE…you know…the like 7th most popular class with CE: Azshara.

2 Likes

It added nothing. Hunter still isn’t desired for raiding or any content.

Survival right now feels too close to BM. If they want melee hunter then turn BM into melee and turn surv back to what it was. Mind you I enjoy playing melee surv, far more than the other two specs, but it feels like it’s just melee BM instead of a real different spec.

2 Likes

No thanks. Ranged Survival was never great.

MSV is fantastic, and gives the Class diversity.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23#boss=2299

1000 hunters. More than shaman, paladin (dps), warrior, and pretty much tied with DH. RSV at least broke 50 for a single tier on CE when it was in the game, something MSV has pretty much yet to do since the average is around 30.

1 Like

Nice dps meters.

Did I post a damage meter? I posted how many people have killed Mythic Azshara. Damage is the least relevant piece of information on that screen, but you wouldn’t be able to deduce that would you?

You posted the dps rankings by spec. Please, visit the links you post before using them to try and sound smart.

Wow, you’re thick aren’t you? He said that the damage was the least important metric. Just because the parse amounts just so happen to have DPS/DMG on the same page does not mean he meant they were significant.

He said he posted the list of people with CE. He in fact, posted the dps rankings. Please, don’t be so stupid and try to read first. Thanks!

Personally I enjoy melee survival. If you want to play ranged, you have two other specs that do exactly that: one focusing on pets and one focusing exclusively on your ranged weapon.

The only downside to survival right now is being limited to a 2h staff/polearm only. I miss dual wield.

2 Likes

He posted the page which shows the amount of specs parsing. Which again as I said just so happens to have dps and dmg. You’re thick as mud and i’m unsure why you bother trying to argue with people.

1 Like

Wheres the list of people with CE then? He said he posted them. I don’t see it.

Again, please read first.

Bottom of the page last item listed in the table. Again, you’re thick as mud.

Frost mage dps at 38k? Can you not read or are we looking at different things?

Cute.
/10chars

I wouldn’t call your inability to read ‘cute.’ Id call it embarrassing.

It’s interesting that to get new players to play hunter - new players who thought it was boring - they were willing to destroy the fun of everyone who played survival as it was and enjoyed it.

Why?

If your only answer is, “It’s their game YOU LOSE” I’m not interested in hearing what you have to say.

I adapted.

But I still would like to know why this guy’s fun > my fun.

5 Likes