Please return survival back to ranged or give hunters a 4th spec

basically what the title says. hunters were designed as the ranged class and not a melee class. i mained this character as survival all the way from Wrath through to the Legion Prepatch and it sucks that i can’t play the character anymore because blizzard decided that “all 3 hunter specs were too similar, being ranged with a pet.” and yet i don’t see warlocks getting a melee spec but they are “ranged with a pet” as well.

with the introduction of the Lone Wolf talent it made the specs feel different, MM was ranged dps without a pet that focused on heavier hitting abilities, survival was ranged dot dps with a pet, and BM was ranged pet-based dps (remind you of any class? destruction locks are ranged dps that focused on heavier hitting abilities that used to always use sacrifice tomb, affliction is a ranged dot dps with a pet, and demonology is a ranged pet-based dps spec).

i’m not saying absolutely no one likes the melee survival spec, but honestly speaking i haven’t seen very many outside of low levels. think maybe i’ve seen like 12 total at max level during both Legion and BfA. with Shadowlands supposedly bringing a more “class focused” it’d be great if we could get a return to ranged survival since it’s attached to a ranged class (imagine if they turned outlaw rogue into a gunslinger ranged spec instead of a pirate, but kept it attached to the rogue class). while survival may do good damage as melee, people still gravitate towards the ranged specs of the class since they tend to do comparable dps with less work and at the comfort of range.

144 Likes

I love how you tell Blizzard what their class is supposed to be lol.

44 Likes

I doubt it’ll ever go back. Especially since the Legion artifact system for them is all melee and changing them back to ranged would cause a big mess.

6 Likes

No thanks. MSV is an amazing spec. Probably the best spec they designed in BfA.

And as of now the ranged hunter specs require more effort to play than MSV does.

27 Likes

I will like this post all day. SV was fun. If I wanted to play a melee, there are melee to play.

69 Likes

is that the reason you are marksman spec and not survival? besides i do believe i also said “or give us back ranged survival as a 4th spec”

27 Likes

So, why do you care if you wouldn’t lose your spec? God the selfish people on these forums blow my mind.

17 Likes

Because I’ve been playing MM since I first started. And I’d rather not have a useless 4th spec that brings nothing to the table.

Hunters are in a bad spot, a 4th spec won’t change that unless it’s full of ways to help survive in combat.

3 Likes

and i’ve been playing ranged survival since i first started, but since you think melee is fun i can no longer play my spec?

36 Likes

That’s what blizzard thinks. And it’s THEIR game.

5 Likes

I’m not sure about never, but I can’t see it happening any time soon. The same applies to the other styles they chose in Legion (eg. DW Frost, TG Fury).

2 Likes

… or else what?

2 Likes

No, leave survival alone. Go play a different spec. Don’t like other specs? Too bad play a different class then.

18 Likes

Because nothing is added to the hunters kit other than a 4th bad spec.

3 Likes

Yes please and thank you. Bring back our great and wonderful spec that most hunters enjoyed till it was ripped away from us.

34 Likes

I like survival how it is now, so let’s leave it how it is. You have two other specs if you want your hunter to be ranged.

11 Likes

i have been playing other classes, since Legion i have played several other classes and the other 2 hunter specs on a normal/heroic raid level and none of them have had the same appeal to me as the ranged survival spec

but i love all these hunters who aren’t even survival spec that just come out of nowhere to defend it

28 Likes

I got my elite PvP set this season as survival(since MM is outright trash) if that makes you feel better.

2 Likes

Too bad get over it because it’s not changing back.

Whoa it’s almost like people can switch between specs.

2 Likes

I would agree on the 4th spec option.

Bad how?

Bad, based on that it would be a spec which you don’t like because it’s ranged?

11 Likes