Please return survival back to ranged or give hunters a 4th spec

I can’t remember if this is a thread about this I responded to or not, but I like the current Survival and would be sad to see it changed back.

1 Like

It is what it is… a list of features that aren’t class wide.

It’s not a class feature list, so Melee Damage’s position on that list is actually irrelevant.

1 Like

Again, please learn to read.

We aren’t asking for MSV to be removed. Because it does have a niche community, despite how much I’d love it if it was removed due to trolls like Kindwold who have openly admitted they like MSV because it feels like a warrior.

But again, all we want is our spec back as a fourth. Keep this niche melee for its mostly troll community. Bring ranged back as a fourth spec, which as has been proven multiple times by logs was vastly more popular across all forms of content. Even with realmpop data which showed it was the top spec for ALL classes until it was killed.

But when the vast majority of MSV’s incredibly niche community only want to be ignorant and incite, it really does give that community a horrible look.

But, if I want to respond liike you… How about yes. MSV is the only time in the history of WoW where I’ve hated my hunter. It’s the only time in the history of WoW where Survival has been at the lowest point in representation, struggling to pass 0.5% to 1% on good days. It’s the only time in the history of WoW, where as a result of RSV becoming MSV Hunters have dropped from the top played class to like 4th or 5th.

When the majority of you MSV fans literally just scream “Nananana, you suck, get over it. Blah blah, MSV is unique(news flash, its not) and more popular(also wrong by a laughably huge margin)”, it’s quite, I guess depressing would be a good word. Over wrong you all are. And childish since the majority of you vocal minority fans again, literally just like inciting to incite.

See, I like you. But I still guess you haven’t read. Cause like I said above, and as numerous others have said countless times in this thread and the huge thread in the Hunter forums. We don’t want it removed. Because it does have a community, and despite the majority seemingly being trolls like Kindwolf, a few, like yourself aren’t. So though I feel it should be removed due to such overwhelmingly low representation through ALL forms of content, I don’t want that. We don’t want that. We literally just want our spec back, that was ripped out from under us after some of us played and loved that spec for over a decade. And again, a fourth spec is the easiest way to achieve that. And satisfy both sides.

But for some reason, the majority of MSV players are so opposed to us getting RSV back as a fourth spec. Why is that? Are they afraid RSV will once again become the most popular spec further cementing just how right we’ve been all this time? Is it because they are just trolly jerks like Kindwolf? Is it because, you know what. I don’t know any other reason.

So yea, why can’t both sides be happy. MSV keeps MSV. RSV gets our beloved spec of over a decade back. Why can’t the vocal MSV people posting in this thread acknowledge that? Their spec wouldn’t be touched so literally nothing would change for them. Everything would change for us RSV lovers though.

5 Likes

Not reading past that. The title literally says removal of melee Survival is what you want if a 4th spec isn’t added.

2 Likes

And then you have people who go out of there way to mention how they kick survival hunters from their groups…

I can sympathize with a lost playstyle and wanting it back, and I wish MSV had a bigger presence but in a melee heavy field it suffers from a lack of defined niche on top of the continued community perception regarding it.

I think it’s a lot of fun personally and while I still think it has some clunky aspects it is a more unique playstyle among melee DPS. I wish it could bring spirit beasts along or that battle rez pets still existed, but the purge and lust pet can still be very useful.

Um.

The title literally says “Please return survival back to ranged or give hunters a 4th spec”.

/shrug

But yea, that seems to be a trend with a lot of MSV people too. A lot of yall don’t want to read what has been said and only read the “please return survival back to ranged” bit in the title and proceed to lose your marbles.

Survival’s problem, is that it’s not Survival. It’s melee BM. And was made by killing the most popular spec which was Ranged Survival. Blizzard designed MSV for people who didn’t even play hunters. While alienating their core community. Personally, I have nothing against MSV players, it can do solid damage. It’s just, not unique at all and it’s thematic is literally Warrior+Melee BM, with a Wildfire Bomb.

Naturally, suddenly becoming melee isn’t going to make the current hunter community blink and go “gee golly, all this time I was a hunter for being ranged damage, time to go melee!”. Instead, everyone who was RSV had to swap to BM or MM, reroll to a different class, or quit. Did a small amount like the new Survival? Sure. But when it’s existing community at large played a hunter for being ranged, and it was changed to try and bring other people in, most aren’t going to drop their existing toons for yet another melee spec. So of course it’s representation is low. It’s not a hunter at all. Its warrior 2.0 with a pet. :stuck_out_tongue:

As some others do as well, which is why we aren’t asking for it to be removed. But tell me, are you against giving us RSV back as a fourth spec so both sides can be happy? If so, please enlighten me as to why.

Off topic but that’s one thing I hated being removed. Pet battle rez was so amazing, doubly so for the folks I usually run with since we tend to not have a Druid or Warlock.

4 Likes

If they didn’t mean that they shouldn’t have made it the title of the thread.

1 Like

I’m going to disagree. I’m pretty entirely sure, its class features. Are you saying every spec of hunters throughout the class doesn’t have access to any traps? Only one spec does?

It is though.

First I agree that if they wanted to make a melee hunter spec BM makes infinitely more sense than SV.

Second I have no issues with RSV coming back, but the playstyle of MSV is fun and honestly unique it just lacks refinement. I also agree the playstyle of RSV has not really been replicated in any Ranged DPS. I played RSV a lot in WoD and I do miss it, but what my point is the hostility towards people liking MSV is absolutely absurd.

You can post “Bring back RSV, MSV users should just reroll” and probably get fanfare in the hunter forums right now, people are going out of their way to mention their absolute hatred for this spec.

Source? I’m having trouble finding any data before legion.

WoD Survival was <3

As for the hostility bit, most of it comes from MSV fans. Are some RSV fans overly aggressive? Absolutely. Are some a tad bit too blunt? Sure. But it’s both sides, at least a lot of the RSV people posting are saying why. Whereas a lot of the MSV fans are just going “lul RSV sucked. Get over it” Inciting just to incite helps no one and doesn’t add anything to the discussion. I do wish the hostility would end though. It has to go both ways though.

For what it’s worth, I don’t hate any spec. Survival was kinda fun doing the Mage Tower whooping Xylem’s butt. Discipline’s challenge was fun as I just mashed buttons since I was clueless. I enjoy all specs(though I’m horrible at some like Holy Priest, Discipline Priest, Subtlety Rogue and Outlaw so I choose not to play them).

But RSV was the spec I fell in love with first, It was the only spec I played unless I was camping rare pets like Loque for the completionist in me. You said it yourself, RSV was unique and nothing in WoW has replicated that playstyle. Which is why we want it back as a fourth. It was popular and loved for a reason.

So yea, to fans of MSV, why are the vast majority of you guys and gals so opposed to us getting our spec back as a fourth? I’m genuinely curious. It doesn’t affect you at all, but it’s quite literally game changing for us.

Bepples and Ghorak posted some links earlier in the thread. I’ve got to run otherwise I’d look for them. Maybe one of them will respond with links again so I can be lazy when I get on again tonight.

6 Likes

Did I say SV feels like a warrior? I mean it does feel like a warrior …with a pet…and utility …and heals.

It does feel gritty like a warrior, not sure why that would be a negative anyway.

You aren’t a special snowflake, no fourth spec for you.

You’ve already been proven wrong on this dude…

Melee Damage is exclusive to SV. That’s 1.

BM doesn’t use animal venom. That’s 2.

BM doesn’t use explosives. That’s 3.

3 strikes bro… you’re out!

2 Likes

Does only one spec get traps?

Better yet, are those features found within the hunter class?

Ditto. There are 2 ranged specs. They are not giving hunters 2 versions of survival. Heck, DH’s have 2 specs only.

If you want ranged, play BM or Marks. I was never a Melee hunter, though I didnt hate the combo way back in Vanilla. But I like the option and like the play style of being down in the trenches with the pet vs plink plunk plink of arrows while the pet just tanks.

And ranged survival sucked. Black arrow and explosive shot over and over. Though I did like multi shot serpent stings.

1 Like

Irrelevant.

The list refrences abilities that are not class wide.

Class Features are class wide.

You keep insisting it says something when it doesn’t. The burden of proof is yours my friend, so prove it.

2 Likes

It only takes one point to invalidate your claim. At this point your trolling.
StIkE ThReE YouRE out BRAH!

1 Like

:+1:

In an ideal world, I probably would of agreed with some (but not all) of what you say. Unfortunately your misguided rage, extreme contempt and rabid hatred for anyone you perceive as an enemy; kills any interest or desire I have on discussing things with you further.

Making “I know you are but what am I” themed statements, ala Pee Wee Herman doesn’t improve your argument either. Instead it simply makes me more inclined to think Blizzard should disregard you, as I will going forward. Have a good life. :slight_smile:

I’ve said almost the same thing in another old complaint thread about survival melee. The could’ve just given us the melee survival as a 4th spec and kept the old survival. I enjoyed the old survival for PvP.

They have already confirmed that they won’t be doing something like this going into Shadowlands. Can they change their minds until then? Perhaps. But not likely.

Unique, it would yes.

But it would also be a mechanical disaster to rely on pets for tanking.

It doesnt.

Differences are minimal.

Hence the suggestions for a 4th spec option.

We heard you previous 50 times. You ain’t going to turn us.

Understandable.

Again, hence the 4th spec suggestions.

Glad you’re not in charge of development.

Who said anything about another version of current SV?

3 Likes