Please return survival back to ranged or give hunters a 4th spec

Yeah, but the developers aren’t the ones who should decide what we as players find to be the most iconic features of the class.

If you want the developers to decide, then the only thing we can do, is look to the actual historical design itself. And that design, since WoD, presented that ranged weapons were more iconic than pets were. Due to the introduction of Lone Wolf options.

Check the full definition of what a Gish Gallop is. You only quoted a part of it…

Specifically, the most crucial part here, for it to actually be gish galloping, the debate has to have time restraints. Of which there are none on a forum such as this one.

4 Likes

I can’t help you man. I really can’t. Sorry, you’re willfully ignorant. It’s cool you can be fan boy I support your choice.

That’s true, but their opinion would carry just as much merit.

I’m not the one ignoring the most crucial parts of the very definition tied to what you claimed to be the truth.

In terms of individuals and what they associate with being a Hunter in WoW?

I would argue not. The devs only have a say in the actual design. Not in what we think of it.

2 Likes

What I think he’s saying is that people who write long posts are somehow cheating at arguing because people don’t want to read and respond.

If you managed to write a long post that was somehow mostly filler about how butterflies look or the speed of an unleaden swallow and nobody noticed, okay, sure.

But there’s actual rebuttals in those long posts and people just don’t want to read them.

3 Likes

Honestly, again i kinda like survival as melee, but i am not gonna argue with a 4th spec having it as ranged.

i just don’t like how some people argue with either un-needed insults and un-needed wall of texts.

1 Like

If that is what he is saying then fair enough. Though, that’s not actually on Bepples then is it? He can’t force people to read his posts can he?

Nor can anyone else.

In many cases there are yes. And again, that’s on them. Not on Bepples(or on anyone who makes longer posts).

4 Likes

The Gish Gallop is the fallacious debate tactic of drowning your opponent in a flood of individually-weak arguments in order to prevent rebuttal of the whole argument collection without great effort. The Gish Gallop is a conveyor belt-fed version of the on the spot fallacy, as it’s unreasonable for anyone to have a well-composed answer immediately available to every argument present in the Gallop. The Gish Gallop is named after creationist Duane Gish, who often abused it.

it doesn’t have to be in an offical timed debate man, for it to be applicable.

3 Likes

I don’t think it is. I think you’re correct.

But here’s the thing: I read at a pretty incredible rate, so I never had that thing where I saw a wall of text, threw up my hands, and said, “No fair!”

If someone reads slower than the other guy can write, I can see how it would have the same effect as a Gish Gallop.

3 Likes

You do know the whole purpose of the Gish Gallop is to drown the opponent in…well, what we wrote above, knowing that they wont actually have time to refute all arguments.

2 Likes

Did he make weak arguments? Yes I cited that.

did he hide it in a wall of text most likely in hopes peopel wont adress it? yes I cited that.

Again i can’t debate, you’re being willfully ignorant.

1 Like

Yeah, sort of true. But a reply the length of what Bepples posts, or me sometimes, takes around an hour to type(even longer if the reply contains certain links/references).

I don’t know about others but it usually takes me around 10 minutes to read through such replies. There’s simply no way to type so fast(if you include time to make quotes, bring out source links/references, etc.).

2 Likes

I enjoy survival as it is now.

2 Likes

Provide an example of this:

Weak argument disguised in a wall-of-text.

2 Likes

I did multiple times. Again. You’re being ignorant.

1 Like

You mean the two examples you provided in this reply?

"Please return survival back to ranged or give hunters a 4th spec - #445 by Nellezhar-whitemane

You call this(below) a wall-of-text?

He even separated the actual “argument” you quoted…

So much for hiding it.

Same with this one.

5 Likes

Is flavor a meaningless catch all buzzword used to justify all sorts of terrible design?

Is that the only time he did it?

1 Like

How long was that post?

That’s not what we’re debating…

Has nothing to do with it. The length of the post is determined by the number of players he responds to. You want him to make a separate reply for each player he responds to?

The whole purpose of the Quote-function is to allow us to respond to multiple posts within a single reply. While also showing who it is that we’re replying to.

5 Likes

That’s literally what we’re debating.

1 Like

Do you use weak arguments in your wall of text?

1 Like