Please return survival back to ranged or give hunters a 4th spec

I agree with you. 4th spec would fix the problems but lets be realistic I don’t think Blizzard will ever do that, why? because other classes would request it as well. Dont get me wrong I would love every class had a 4th spec.

If another 4th spec would ever be implemented I would give it to shaman. Even Demon Hunter deserves it more than hunter since they only have 2

But the solution as I see it is:

1. Incorporate rsv gameplay into current mm or msv specs through talents so players can have more gameplay options without impacting the current functionality or core rotation.
  2. Remove msv and set rsv (terrible option)
  3. Do nothing. (Not as Bad imho)

Option 2 can go to hell

4th spec ain’t going to fix nothing. we don’t need anymore. Blizz can not keep up with what they have. and don’t tell me they can they just gave up on enhance til later probably more than enh i just play this one. i’m tired of people asking for new class or more specs. they can’t keep up now. in my opinion mm is the most destroyed spec and they really haven’t put much time in trying to fix.

Survival before it went melee wasn’t even the least played spec ever. Matter of fact. That didn’t happen until late WoD when they nerfed it the GROUND like they did demonology

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, I’d probably play Warlock if they had a melee spec.

And yet MM was one of the least played spec and never got removed so bring me back to my point. Just because MSV is least played means little

1 Like

No. Keep survival how it is. Much better than it has been over the years.

2 Likes

Dude the fact you’re going this far tells me you just prefer Survival as the range style and never had any intention of using the melee side of it during the old days. I mean you’re literally talking to a an old survival expert who excelled at it, but that ego of yours is blinding that logic you don’t want to accept.

You know I am slowly starting to remember you now and yeah you’re lustful for survival range than melee. I bet you forgot during Wotlk is when they nerf survival melee damage by hard. I used to do 10k crits using raptor strike in BC, but in wotlk it was watered down to 2k. That’s where I lost interest, but still continued as a hunter, but part time than full time. The problem with you is that you want people to accept your “understandings of a hunter” and not the other way. Doesn’t work that way kid and it makes you look more immature than knowing it.

Debatable considering you’re hardly a survival hunter and mostly a range type. We get it you’re a range favorite, but it’s good they branched away from that concept making survival to what it was suppose to be. However knowing you with this lust for range you’ll argue that statement of mine. By all means go ahead if you want, but you already know the result your words has little meaning to reality.

The fact you’re trying to enforce your fact means you’re wrong. It’s not a fact at all. Was survival range was far more popular than melee? If you want the real truth as a former survival hunter from the old days. Survival spec regardless of your narrative you love to preach was hardly popular at all. The only fun that was fun on survival hunters was using the melee weapons especially in pvp, but when it came to raiding that was literally marksmanship hunters which is your current spec. Ironic isn’t it?

I know you’re his cheerleader and in his post it’s there, but you’d still be in disbelief.

He’s just ignoring the fact people will have different opinions, but want his to be righteous as if he was the sole best range survival hunter in town. His ego level is overloaded with nonsense if you ask me.

Yeah and melee had a little play in it especially if you survival, but this talk was already done. You’re just rambling at this point to prove nothing. You can throw in the towel at anytime along with your buddy.

I mean if you want me to be serious. All of your arguments along with Bepples and Solric has been nothing, but worthless egotistic arguments. You can’t accept other players opinions who had a different exposure to it. Face it. You’re not right and never will be. Range survival is dead and it’s good that way. Case Closed :sunglasses:

3 Likes

So cause YOU played the spec you and/or hardly saw anyone play it, it wasn’t popular? Great logic

You’re right they did, from Classic to Wrath survival was the spec with all the melee enhancing traits. That was taken away from us in Cata. So they’re simply restoring survival to it’s original glory.

1 Like

A tanking spec for Hunters would actually be amazing since most of them try to pull the whole dungeon anyway.

No. That wasn’t the statistics back then. Marksmanship hunter was the main raiding spec. Beast Mastery and Survival wasn’t too popular. They were used, but if you wanted to get somewhere like get gear and have high dps. Marksmanship hunter was the spec mostly because of trueshot aura that supported melee and range attack power.

Perhaps you wasn’t around back then to know that which is why you responded to me. If you did knew that then you probably have other motives just to get at me. Who knows?

Please read.

Original game manual. Page 84.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/template_resource/LO0VQ46XB1281555957773363.pdf

Even if you were good at it, you weren’t playing the class the way it was intended.

3 Likes

Imagine being so pent up with anger because someone doesn’t agree to your method and it must be played a certain way. You guys are very bland.

I didn’t like what Wotlk did to their melee damage. They nerfed it by 90%.

Survival melee wasn’t very good at all back then, but it existed and I had fun with it. I was bummed when they took most of the abilities away and made survival just another ranged bow spec. I’m glad melee survival has returned and is now more fun then it ever was.

The only ability I miss is wyvern shot. It had some fun uses when used correctly.

1 Like

If it came to raiding and stuff of course you had to do range, but as for melee damage. Depending on your gear you could crit very high with raptor strike. It really gave other melee classes a problem while casters who were not used to a melee survival confused. If they were to go back into range usually you finish them off there.

BC was my most fun with my survival hunter and getting mongoose enchant on my 2h and dw was a blast.

No matter about what he did or did not do. The comment you posted, while specifically directed at him, if made into reality, would affect everyone, not just him.

I agree, hence my suggestions for that 4th spec option, for all this to be over.

Nightmare? No, it would not. You here assume that this 4th spec introduction would be a special case. And that is incorrect. As, ALL changes which are somehow related to class performance and balancing, requires work to get right, and we haven’t had a single time where it has been perfect from the start, in terms of implementing a new spec or an entire new class to the game.

Talking about introducing a new spec to a class and how it would be a nightmare to balance, is not really an argument that has merit.
As an example, in MoP, they revamped the entire talent-system for all classes.
They gave us an entirely new class(Monk).
They also split the Feral spec(Druid) into two.
And more.

They did all that and a whole lot more, in a single expansion. Was it perfect from the start? No, not even close. But it did not stop them from going through with it then. So why should it now?

Aren’t you guys going about, saying that we should not be advocating for current SV(MSV) to be changed or even removed?

And yet, you have no problem with doing/suggesting the exact same thing in regards to other hunter specs?
What about the players that enjoy BM, or MM? They don’t matter? Would they not mind having major changes made to their specs just to fit a new theme/playstyle in there?

Because of the theme, the aesthetics and the specific playstyle it offered. I’m not sure if you have grasped how popular that spec actually was, end of WoD excluded, and we have already explained why.

Like I said…

It’s precisely because of what we got from old RSV in terms of theme, aesthetics and mechanics, and how they differed from the other specs, it’s because of this that we are asking for RSV to come back.

“Fixing” or “tweaking” BM or MM would not give us the old RSV back.

And again, like you guys remind us in regards to your preferences for MSV. Players who enjoy BM or MM, might not want their specs to be altered/removed.

You’re forgetting that you have 13 specs focused on melee combat, using a melee weapon(s).

We might have 11 ranged specs in the game. But we only have 2 ranged specs which focus on using ranged weapons. Themes matter. Aesthetics matter. It’s not only about ranged vs. melee as a base model.

Awesome!

Fair enough. You don’t think that it will happen.

Now you have said so. What’s the point of repeating that?
We heard you the first time.

The whole point of feedback, is to talk about what we want in the game. If we don’t provide said feedback, then it certainly won’t change to what we want.
If we don’t say that we want a 4th spec option for the class in order to get RSV back, and to avoid for divides such as what has happened for the Hunter class to ever happen again, then who’s to say that we wont end up in a similar situation all over again? Causing the same problems/issues all over again?

You are right in that representation matters for very little when it comes to the devs and how they make their decisions(what they base them on).

They did not remove RSV because it was unpopular.

That part doesn’t really matter as Raptor Strike was THE ONLY melee-based damaging ability we had baseline. Even when RS did good, it wasn’t favorable to only focus on that above ranged attacks.

And you call other people toxic?

If that is how you reply to someone you disagree with…

Way to deflect. You’re acting as if SV provided a way for Hunters back then to opt out of having a design focused on ranged combat.

It did not.

How are my arguments which are based on us getting a 4th spec option so that we can end…well, these current arguments, equal to me being egotistic?

I’m curious as to know your logic behind that…

They did take those specific talents away yes. But keep in mind that even when those talents existed, even if you picked those talents, it did not make you a melee-hunter. It did not intend for us to abandon/stop using our ranged weapons/abilities in favor of only focusing on melee.

It’s “original glory” as you put it, did not exist.

Back when?

Check for yourself. Up until they destroyed RSV in late WoD, it was the most popular hunter spec of all.

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/sv/pve-stats/classes/hunter

You do know that “method of play” does not equal “intent of design”. Just because you chose to play as a melee-fighter back then, does not meant that the design promoted this.

8 Likes

A melee spec is fine. Its not unpopular because no one wants to play a melee hunter, its unpopular because it’s a bad spec in both performance and playstyle.

It’s not underperforming no.

It’s currently right on par with both BM and MM.

Melee, is the same as playstyle(or part of it).

Anyone who does not like a playstyle which involves melee combat, will stay away from a spec such as MSV.

2 Likes

Sure but raid bosses and patchwerk sims are no longer the most important things in wow. Many people who raid also do m+, and many people only do m+. And guess what? Survival is garbage dps in m+.

So it’s not going to be a popular spec compared to other specs that perform well in both.

What is your definition of “garbage” ?

Besides, if you think that MSV’s current lack of representation(in perspective), is because it’s not the top performer in M+…think again.

But hey, if you can link some source that shows how bad MSV is in M+ along with some records that show how underrepresented it is in M+ compared to other specs, then sure. I would agree with you then.
Provided that it’s so far behind the other specs that it would have a greater impact on the class as a whole.

3 Likes