Please return survival back to ranged or give hunters a 4th spec

That’s literally what it is. They can’t accept Survival back in its upgraded roots.

3 Likes

Yes. I play Hunter for ranged combat.

Plus RSV was the most fun spec in the game prior to its removal.

10 Likes

Man I do appreciate and like the melee survival spec, but MoP ranged survival was my favorite incarnation of the class of all time and I would give anything to have it back. Full support on just making it a 4th spec so both parties can be happy.

2 Likes

O.O

Arms/Fury/Prot…warrior
Ret/Prot…pally
Outlaw/Assassination/Sub…Rogue
Unholy/Frost/Blood…DK
Enh…Shammy
Windwalker/Brewmaster…monk
Bear/Feral…Druid
Havoc/Vengeance…DH

That’s 18 by my count…unless you for some reason don’t count tanks as Melee. While i did say 25, you did get my point at least. I don’t know about melee favoritism but maybe it is, anything is possible.

I know there are probably a few, but honestly who would play melee hunter over warrior/ret/dh/dk? Melee hunter just doesn’t seem very hunterish i guess to me.

4 Likes

Fixed. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, no melee spec is the most fun spec in the game.

6 Likes

Sub rogues are also least played spec sooo …

Also any of you considered that if they brought back Surv range it won’t play like it was prior to Legion?

Ain’t no spec in game going back to that

2 Likes

He’s a salty player trying to sound smart, but literally wish range survival was back.

You’re seeking attention aren’t ya?

4 Likes

If you want to play range and a Hunter, you have MM and Beastmaster.

3 Likes

… If you want to play a ranged hunter, there are literally two other specs that do just that.

A lot, if not all of the old Survival-exclusive stuff were split up between BM and Marksman.

Survival is fun as hell, I love the idea of you fighting alongside your pet, instead of just sending them at stuff like a Warlock or Hunter would while you sit back and cast spells. I’m leveling one as we speak. IE this character.

And even at this level, I love the aggressiveness of it, and again, fighting alongside your companion adds a neat layer.

Now, a class that REALLY deserves a fourth spec? Shaman.

They used to be off-tanks back in the day.

I think it’d be pretty sick to have an earth-elemental based tank. Big rock elementals, boulders, earth spikes, lightning crashes… mmm.

5 Likes

If you’d get your head out of your backside for a minute, maybe you’d stop trying to read what wasnt written.

I’m all for more ranged weapon spec options. Duelist rogues with pistols, for example. However, I see absolutely no reason that hunters need to be forced into ranged gameplay and ONLY ranged gameplay when they have clearly had melee options since WoW first launched; not to mention several iconic hunter characters who fight with melee weapons or in close combat.

All you’re doing here is whining that the game isnt 100% the way you want it, and taking it out on everyone who disagrees with your entirely subjective stance on the matter.

Take a time out, you need it.

9 Likes

Not exactly. Survival is different, because if it did go back to ranged and you mogged the artifact you would be using a melee weapon as a ranged class. DW frost, on the other hand, could go back to 2h frost and still have the artifact moggable, as it’s still melee. Example: holy pally. Used 2h in legion, uses 1h and shield now. Doesn’t make a difference because it’s still a healing/melee spec.

2 Likes

And like that you lost any possible interest… Entitled prick.

You deserve no sympathy and you’ll never get Survival ranged back, you don’t deserve it.

Make MM dual gunslinger then we’ll talk, meanwhile go cry in a corner…

You come here with that entitled tone, and you’ll get the trash talk you deserve, now go to sleep, it’s late for kids to be up…

6 Likes

Ugh I cannot love this thread enough. Survival NEVER should have changed. It was THE spec. Agree with OP so much. Maybe they will revert it or add a 4th spec. Survival in its current state is not popular and thatd not a coincidence.

7 Likes

Jesus… where is my dislike button?

I don’t need to give you an argument as I already did previously when this post started.

Look around you, I see more people supporting msv than rsv so stop whinning, you won’t get your toy back

3 Likes

Nope, just stating my opinion on how I play the game :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Tbf, I’m pretty sure MoP was the last time it was popular. If it had been super popular in WoD they probably wouldn’t have changed it.

Yeah, but you unfortunately you phrased your post wrong. You should of said melee spec is not fun for me in this game. I love range instead, but you went with.

Like really bro? really? You know that’s debatable sauce.

1 Like

I love toxic threads. More fun than wow itself

Just not comparable to Overwatch :stuck_out_tongue: