Please return survival back to ranged or give hunters a 4th spec

No. Because I leveled up a ranged class with 3 range specs based on the one that was good aka fun. I wouldn’t have bothered playing, gearing, gaining titles, transmog, etc for a character that has nothing but garbage specs. If I wanted to play some other class, I’d have done it. Small changes are expected. But to completely obliterate a spec is ridiculous. Complaint is warranted. If someone turned frost into a frost mage the way SV was turned into a combat rogue, all the DK’s would complain in the same way. And being told “well, if you want to melee then just play the other spec” would be equally pointless, rude, and dumb.

3 Likes

I prefer they improve marks so you’re not a stationary turret. Was my favorite spec in the game before it was changed

2 Likes

I miss old Survival. I miss my instant casts and my dots. It was fun as hell in Wrath.

4 Likes

I could get behind this. That’s why Survival was fun: we were all movement.

3 Likes

I liked survival in wod actually. It was sweet kiting and knocking back people with traps and using explosive shot

4 Likes

Giving Hunters a 4th spec would be solid. At the moment, the reason Survival isn’t popular is most people rolled a Hunter as ranged (and still do) and being melee in raids is a detriment.

9 Likes

Yea that’s an excellent point. If you rolled hunter you rolled for ranged experience. I certainly had no interest in being melee hunter, that’s what my rogue and war are for.

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know why Blizz listened to those wistful comments from people about how it was so much fun to melee back in Vanilla as a Hunter. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I rolled Hunter loving MM but hating BM and RSV, when the added MSV I was elated.

Best thing to ever happen to the Hunter class.

I like having melee hunters. I do want to see ranged survival returned for those who enjoyed it, but not at the cost of melee survival. It’d have to be brought back as a 4th spec.

1 Like

Or perhaps do what Grummel said and just adjust Marksman so that it’s got those instant casts and dots like old Survival did.

1 Like

If they were going to change anything, perhaps they could adjust survival to do both. Perhaps it could be based off a stance or just the abiltiies work differently based on range.

While it’s a terrible game, Neverwinter Online from Cryptic does do their ranger right. they can switch from range to melee instantly. The abilities are the same, but perform differently.

1 Like

Dude, shut up, no… survival as it is currently is amazing and has incredible depth. Most abilities are ranged and it has a lot of buttons to press.

1 Like

Not a fan of the change to melee, as I raided and loved SV since early wrath and became the main till the change.

4 Likes

It’s an interesting concept, but I’m wary of that idea.

It depends how it’s implemented and how much those that prefer MM hunter would lose in the process of adding ranged SV abilities to the existing MM spec. Blizz isn’t going to add ranged SV talents/abilities to MM hunter without taking existing talents/abilities away. What would likely result is a blend of both. I think there’s a good chance that neither side will be happy.

If you keep them separate (as in a 4th spec) then MM keeps everything they currently have and ranged survival hunters would have their full spec back. All specs that existed prior to Legion have seen more than enough pruning already, so I don’t recommend doing anything that would cause MM hunters to lose anything they currently have.

2 Likes

I, too, played Ranged Survival from the Wrath prepatch until they took it from us for Legion’s. It was my favorite spec, with BM my second favorite. Ranged Survival was an incredibly mobile dot spec, and I miss having the toolkit that it had - along with the other abilities that were removed from MoP to WoD and WoD to Legion.

Removal of Ranged Survival the top reason as to why I no longer play WoW, in addition to other things they’ve removed, like pvp vendors, loot in dungeons and raids other than Legacy Loot, tier set bonuses and tier sets, and being able to purchase flying with gold. The decimation of hunter pets was also a big factor.

I’m back only for the Anniversary and Christmas, and then I’ll be gone back to FFXIV again. If they put hunters back the way we were in MoP - or even the beginning of WoD - I’d seriously consider returning to WoW as my second MMO. (I’m not giving up FFXIV now that I’ve played it.)

#PlayedWoWforAlmost12YearsAndWantRangedSurvivalBack

8 Likes

Nah, I like survival the way it is now.

Hey Pebbles! I’m posting this on my rogue! Better come and yell at me about not being invested.

Maybe later I’ll scan up through this thread. I’m sure he must’ve posted in here.

This should be in the hunter forums.

You know this, I know this, We know this.

<3

1 Like

Marksman already has some of old Survival’s abilities. And right now, it’s not very mobile. It could benefit from some better instant casts.

In fact Survival was originally intended to be a melee orientated spec.

Two specs is by far enough for ranged fantasy, so pick one of those and stop complaining because the one you want isn’t simply called ‘Survival’ as if the name actually matters.

1 Like