Please remove the 58 boost from TBC Classic

We found the angry neckbeard guys.

I’m not for the boost. This type of person just gives our community the terrible look it has.

1 Like

Well, you will be, if you decide to play TBC because I will be one of them. Not that it’s likely I’ll be on the same server as you but still… And guess what, many of us have played WoW before. I stared in Wrath, so I missed TBC by a few months.

The same way anyone starting new in a game makes gold, I would imagine.

Thing is, I will probably also make a Blood Elf, and I will have time to work on it because they are being made available in the prepatch. So I could pick gathering proffs for the Belf and run it around levelling those up to be ready for TBC’s opening so I’d have a bit of gold to buy the 58 what it might need.

Good, glad the boost is used for its intended use.

Don’t listen to these haters!

1 Like

100% Agree! NO BOOSTS IN TBC CLASSIC!

5 Likes

nah boosts should be able to be bought from blizz or all forms of boosts should be removed/bannable

Every ahole out there gets boosted anyways, so I don’t really care.
If it wasn’t possible I’d care, having people to level up with makes the game more enjoyable…
But that’s not the way vanilla works. Blizzard should have nerfed the dungeon boosts, just cut XP by a huge % the bigger the lvl difference.

Because they dont care about the integrity just the money and keeping lazy people happy. If too busy to do the leveling then you will just be behind. Yes that is a thing. Its not about making it easy for everyone. Its about who is the go getter and who isnt. I hope they remove the 58 boost but they are going to use TBC as the first of many ways to Retail the crap out of it.

Also they are intentionally trying to phase out the classic only players by charging them a fee to clone the character. Make it free and let people go where they want.

3 Likes

Don’t you understand that the boost meta won’t exist in TBC, or will be diminished? The true king of AoE in TBC is the freaking paladin, the mage can’t do what he does in vanilla…

The reason that they capped the AoE for mages in TBC back in 07 was for the same reason they are adding boosts now, it’s just a completely disgusting alternative. Just with the AoE cap, I think the problem is solved.

But they had to add their grain of salt…

1 Like

I think the boosts are a great idea, and should stay.

appreciate you bumping the thread, i needed to slap a like on it.

lol thats the worst excuse. “They are gonna make gold anyhow.” Wow Sherlock. With the boosts they are going to be making triple that gold though. You have to be in denial not to see it.

4 Likes

It’s a player-generated problem. If people didn’t buy gold from websites then gold farmers would not be in the game. That’s a simple fact. There’s nothing the developers can do to fix player stupidity. And many have objected loudly to tokens despite the fact that it would a significant dent in gold farming. But to say, don’t provide the boost because a gold farmer could buy one more character, when they spend all their time levelling up characters anyhow, is nuts. I am not the one in denial.

1 Like

yeah they cant ban gold buyers or gold sellers or bots, thatd be stupid.

No.
It will be kept.
Thank you.

You can go level in Classic now. I am leveling a lvl 40 priest. I have a 60 mage and warrior ready for TBC. What are you doing?

1 Like

Not levelling in Classic because I didn’t enjoy the process? I want to have a look at TBC, an expansion I missed as I started playing in mid Wrath.

When you’re doing a dungeon or heroic with someone who REALLY doesn’t know how to play their class, when thing go wrong its an automatic wipe.

The worst are the mages who blizzard 2 mobs isntead of focus firing or paladins who don’t HoJ a loose mob, or rogues who don’t CC and use kidney.

Bad players are bad, and bad players don’t put in the time to ever “git gud”.

Putting them right at 58 is setting them up for failure and ridicule by those who party with them.

1 Like

100% agree… back in the day TBC was an extension of Vanilla. Many people had to grind to 58 just to play TBC and it was expected BECAUSE YOU GAIN KNOWLEDGE while leveling. Its ben a few days since Vanilla… I dont think anyone “needs” to learn a toon any more. The people who will boost a toon are going to boost alts for specific purpose in the game that they already know. Now as well there is no reason to punish a new player by forcing them to level a toon only to find out they dont like TBC… If they like the game, they can and must level other toons from 1-58. 1 Boost per account is a good idea and heck I’ll even say per realm and paid boost would be cool as well. I would pay $100 to boost 4 toons.

1 Like

And you’ll still be able to level in Classic when those servers open at the same time the current ones upgrade to TBC, while people who don’t like Classic will be given the option to skip it. So what’s your point?

Though in tbc it wont be quite the same, as AoE abilities get a nerf.
We shall see, but if the boost stands… then we end up with same results.