Please remove the 58 boost from TBC Classic

Lol, that bursting bubble gonna hit u hard mate. But keep on dreaming I suppose

The boost started in 2014, and has been part of every WoW expansion since then. It is a SALES feature, to add new players to a new expansion (tens of thousands of them).

Blizzard isn’t required to only using the marketing they used in 2006. That has nothing to do with “making TBC like the old game”. It is marketing and sales, not gameplay.

This is not a new choice by Blizzard. It is a 6-year-old sales method, that has consistently given Blizzard millions of dollars in increased revenue ach time it is used. How can you say that millions of dollars is a poor choice for a business? That’s ridiculous. Do you expect Blizzard to believe that?

No. Knowing what makes a good game is key. That is usually NOT what players want. You cannot let the players design the game. We call that “a sandbox MMO”. How successful is that?

I big agree with this. As it stands boosting will be a powerful and lucrative tool for botters. I’m ok with the boost as long as your account has been made in the past two years.

If you think botters will use the boost you’re a fool that has no idea how bots work.

2 Likes

bots already have characters, why would they waste money?

also its just as easy to log into an old account as a new one. time will not help anything except to make new players not be able to come into the game, defeating the entire purpose.

And no ones stopping the game from dying from these things either, nor the constant dipping in subscriber count. But sure keep thinking that.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

1 Like

In fantasy land where rainbows are made of skittles and Pretty pink unicorns bring you frosty adult beverages.

In the real world bots will never buy a boost.

This, 100% agreed with this. +1

you’re*

The botting companies are not stupid. Bot a little while in retail. Get a wow token - then the wow sub is free… IE: FREE classic… Trade in some wow tokens for battle.net currency. Then you get a FREE boost too - paying for it with battle currency… EZPZ.

1 Like

And for the same amount of battle.net currency it costs to buy the boost for one account they can get 4 additional accounts and make 5x the gold and not buy a boost.

I love these arguments… “NO WAY BOTS WILL SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY!!! THAT’S CRAZY!!”

If that were the case they would not pay for the 15 dollar subscription fee… There are TONS of free games they could bot on - make money, and sell money… works the same way in free games.

2 Likes

The math has already been proven my friend. Anyone with half a brain knows buying a boost is bad for bot business. More accounts will always outperform fewer accounts + boosts for the same cost.

Just simple math. The whole Bots will buy the boost argument was debunked weeks ago.

I hate my phones auto correct lol, either way I don’t like how you quoted me there, it makes it look like I’m saying botters will use the boost, they won’t.

The math on both sides has been proven. It is subjective. Yes, for the same amount of money a botting company could run more accounts. However, there are hardware restrictions within any company - which is not a really solid point, but still something to consider.

Now for the real points. There is already overhead. The overhead is a drop in the bucket compared to income… Even calculating in the boost cost it is still a drop in the bucket and this more readily makes many more accounts available to them at the mere touch of a button…
Is every bot going to boost? Nah.

But thinking they wont because it increases their overhead unnecessarily is foolish and comes from a consumer mentality, not a business mentality.

One key thing many people are forgetting is that there is not just ONE botting company… Bots would not boost if they they had no competition… But every one of these gold selling companies has tons and tons of competition… How do they get their money? Offering lower prices. How do they offer lower prices? Higher stockpiles and more rapid turn around. They get more rapid turn around by producing so much gold that they can lower the price. They can lower the price and still come through to provide such great deals because they have a much more capable army of bots constantly adding to their stockpiles… How will the most competitive companies do that? Boost.

Sorry to burst your consumer mentality bubbles but the businesses know what they are doing. They know the boost is good for them. Blizzard likely knows it too. They count on it.

Nothing subjective about it. More accounts outperforms fewer accounts + boost by orders of magnitude.

Boosting makes zero financial sense for botters.

And no, your Faux Consumer vs. Business BS lines will not work. Take that smoke and mirrors routine somewhere else.

1 Like

The more wow tokens they buy, the less gold they have to sell in retail.

There is a balance to be had of how much gold they use on tokens and how much they use to sell gold. Keep in mind we aren’t talking using wow tokens to fund one account worth of subscription. But hundreds if not thousands of accounts. Assuming the boost will cost at least the same cost of a subscription that would double the gold used on wow tokens in retail instead of selling it for real world $$$. They don’t just sell classic gold, but retail as well. Now if boosts are $60 (4 times the subscription cost) then that means they have to invest 4X the gold to tokens I stead of selling it.

Now keep in mind when they buy wow tokens with gold, it makes tokens sell better, which is direct competition with selling their own gold and turning a profit with retail gold. This means they don’t want to buy wow tokens at a rate it devalues their gold, which in term means they will do a cost vs profit even when considering wow tokens as their payment for game time. And increasing that value to 5 times its current value is definatly not a good idea considering the current price of gold sellers in retail vs the gold gained from tokens.

Yes they fund themselves with wow tokens, but you have to remember the impact it has on them selling their gold if they drastically increase the turn over rate of wow tokens by increasing the quantity they buy them with the gold they generate. Especially Considering them doing this to boost would result in them increasing their buying of gold tokens to 300-500% the current rate (depending on the proce of the boost ranging from $30-60 per boost as an estimate).

So again, bots won’t buy boosts.

I will feed you a heart for totally and blatantly ignoring the fact that bots are one of the most competitive industries on the internet… to assume they will not try to take a competitive edge over the other companies is cute and consumeristic.

Enjoy your heart my simple friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And bots also have dormant accounts pre-level ready to go after a ban wave. They do not need to buy boosts, they already have accounts ready to go.

And right now there is an excess gold surplus in the market. If every gold seller where to stop farming right now, their stockpiles could last the entire TBC expansion and still not be depleted.

They have no reason to buy boosts.

Please take the heart back and spare us all your remedial interpretations of how businesses work.