Please remove the 58 boost from TBC Classic

No, some genius at Blizzard invented boosting a few expansions later (but several years ago). This feature has had a HUGE impact on sales to new players. It would be stupid for a Blizzard CEO to decide not to offer it with TBC. It might even be illegal to decide that.

r u RU, mate?

Yeah it was called monthly fees and I actually played the game back in 2005+
I played when it was actually hard to get everything. I played when most people didnt have epic riding speed ( i did yes and on multiple chars) I played when nobody was close to Gold cap and foreign farmers were not filling AH with materials. You know, when the game was actually difficult.

You guys got the training wheels version of Vanilla. If anyone should be upset about all of the ‘Classic’ stuff, it should be me.

PS Classic was NOT Vanilla other than the boring speed for most part.

Vanilla was tedious. I have no desire to do it again after leveling multiple chars thru it. I want the boost. I did the hard work long before most of you even played WoW.

Ran the largest PvP guild on Gorefiend during TBC.

Why the heck would a bot need to buy a boost? I’m pretty sure at this point the bots are self replicating, bots boosting bots to then go bot.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/513143564272664588/815745081356845126/20210228_193921.jpg

Remember, that one time boost is going to break the game! /s

Side note, I have a strong suspicion that the overwhelming majority of people who are against the one time cash paid to blizzard boost are gold farmers and botters who sell dirty gold, and the people who are boosting for that gold in payment.

This cuts out the middlemen for most people, which simplifies and expediates getting to the part of TBC that most people want to actually play: Outlands gearing and leveling. The fact that the teacup tempest posters on the forums are getting all misty eyed over a single boost (WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE ORIGINAL EXPERIENCE!!! ~clutches pearls~), doesn’t mean the average classic player doesn’t want this, as the survey clearly indicated based on the fact the boost is being implemented.

I think I would be nice if it wasn’t limited to one. I would prefer the first one be steeply discounted, then as many as you want after that but at full price.

The survey went out, the boost was a popular idea, its being implemented. If you don’t like that, you can transfer your character over to a Classic era realm, and have your character stagnate with the handful of other likeminded players that share your incorrect opinion on the boost.

i finally figured out what it reminds me of – when dks were released, you could start at level 56 on a dk as long as you had at least one character with max level on that server. you started with standard bags, a ground mount and nice blues, no profs.

1 Like

You clearly have me confused with yourself. Might want to start going to a psychiatrist. I’m starting to worry your memory is fading.

keep being a petulant child, I’m sure everyone is going to take you seriously

Did many people scream about the unfairness of people having an instant level 56?

Of course, it was free, back in the good old days.

Free, newly designed class, that was never supposed to start at level 1 in an expansion AFTER TBC. Easily apples and oranges.

edit: honestly more like apples and potatoes.

1 Like

We also gotta remember, when they did the original poll, one of the options was to just let you create lv 58 characters without any cost or limit on TBC servers. XD Suprised noones pushing for that.

2 Likes

its called the fresh server movement, and the goal is level 1 fresh start but im pretty sure level 58 would be acceptable. the paid 58 boost on current servers is nothing like everybody starting 58 on a fresh server.

Well, they are both food and they end up in your stomach, so that’s something major they share in common.

It was more, I think, a general comparison than a specific one. And I think it still works but hey, opinion is just that.

But there was changes… So whats your point?

Blizz’s boosts are only bad for boosters hmmm… Some thing to think about there.

Yes, and can you imagine how many more had people just told Blizzard “lol do whatever”?

1 Like

I come from the EU to support this message

2 Likes

I’ll probably get a boost because I’m having to switch servers to play with my friends, and my work doesn’t really afford me the time to level up a character 1-60 again. I’ve already experienced the awful grind of leveling a character in classic twice now. Doing it again because I want to play with my friends is not going to make me enjoy classic more, it’s going to make me say “f— this, have fun guys I’m gonna uninstall”

1 Like

I dont understand why you are even saying this?

Like you dont even do anything in Retail to be considered hard?

Its not like youre some mythic raider or glad…your achievements are literally nothing special.

Not trying to start a fight but i feel like you arent qualified to say things like training wheels in classic when you basically have training wheels on in retail still.

In another post you say you ran the largest pvp guild in TBC, yet you have never broken 1750…

it just doesnt make sense to try and trash talk others when you dont have the credentials to say anything.

Achevs either dont show are bugged. For example. I had Spite Blade. But I cannot xmog it because it said I did not. yet I used that for a good bit in early TBC. Sheaths on back. I also had full Scholo sets but am missing The Cadaverous belt.

Achievs are bugged or didnt count during TBC.

Also this is my wifes char. She played during Vanilla, thru most every expansion but she switched off this char after TBC.

Also hit 1900 Arena S3. Doesnt even show I did arena.

1 Like

It shows you did arena.

it shows you have over 100 wins.

it shows you have 1550 achievement but thats it.

Even shows you did arena in 2020 but still couldnt hit 1750.

You got challenger in 2020.