Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

So you’re going to guarantee that everyone who wants those is going to wait in line at collection guilds only?

Not a single one of them is going to join non collection guilds and bail when they have what they want?

And your source for this statement that absolutely everyone will abide by this rule is?

2 Likes

If that is in line with alot of the same thinking players, and are willing to help out there guildmates also, I do not see the problem in that. But we all know there’s gonna be players that get what they want and leave anyways. I even bet that there’s gonna be players still playing even if they got what they wanted because they want to show it off.

So you can’t guarantee it. Got it.
Thus it will have a negative impact on classic.
You’re argument that people will leave anyway is as dumb as your argument that people will ninja anyway.

Just because something bad can happen doesn’t mean you encourage it.
Checkmate.

1 Like

There’s nothing to argue because we know it will happen. It’s called foresight. For me, I would continue playing, I can only speak for myself. I can not speak for every, single, player.

People are so fed up with modern wow that they would rather play something else but still need to obsess about the mounts/transmog/achievements collectathon that they’ve become psychologically addicted to.

lol.

Seriously though, Blizzard allowing rewards to inherit from Classic to retail is a stupid decision for both games. If they decide to do it, you know they have lost desire for any integrity in either system.

4 Likes

Since you can’t guarantee everyone will follow your idea of collection guilds i can’t in good faith support this.
And blizzard agrees with me.

1 Like

But that’s the same to classics views, good faith. Just stop now while you’re ahead if I were you. It will not end well for you.

And blizzard has also said, “you think you do but you don’t”. Think there words mean anything to me?

How won’t it? You’re argument was that it wouldn’t be a negative, but you’ve proven otherwise.

No linked rewards.

1 Like

Because classic isn’t a side game for BFA

2 Likes

Which is what exactly? I stated the obvious from past experience, even BEFORE transmog was a thing. Your argument is poor. you will NEVER be able to stop a ninja looter, even if they did add a linked reward, you wouldn’t know that person anyways. They got what they wanted and would leave. I’m still gonna say, at the end of the day, IT WILL HAPPEN, with or without link rewards, people WILL ninja.

Okay you’re right. I can’t stop a ninja looter. But you do take actions to minimize the chance it happens. You have black lists and what not correct?

Know what linked rewards does? Encourages bad behaviour.

So no. I won’t support linked rewards and thankfully most the classic community agrees

3 Likes

I agree.

My point is that having other games give rewards on retail is not unprecedented.

Moreover, it will add incentive for people to play Classic and perhaps stick around when they realize it is the better version of WoW.

They don’t get rewards in other games from playing it though. Its mostly pre orders and digital deluxe or collectors giving those rewards.

1 Like

You are so delusional that it hurts.

Linked rewards encourages bad behavior? proof of that please.

That’s like saying getting the Undying title is toxic.

Yeah. It encourages retail fans to come, take loot solely for the purpose of using it in retail and leave

We literally have examples of people who said they would fo just that in this thread.

1 Like

which will be later in the game. the point where those that care about would be making gold for it.

Let me make it more obvious.
How would you know my intentions? I’m a priest i join your guild. I get benediction. You never see me again.

I never told you i planned on leaving. I never told you my only goal was retail rewards.
How do you make gold off me?

2 Likes

people did that in original classic wow also, so what’s your point?

The making gold part would be for selling specific drops. If you were selling Benediction, who cares. Now if you won it and never logged back in, nothing you can do about it but move in. Yeah it sucks, but guess what, this happened in classic wow also. This is nothing new. People got loot and left.

1 Like

The point is that linked rewards INCREASES THE ODDS IT WOULD HAPPEN.
You don’t want to ENCOURAGE MORE TURNOVER, you want to discourage it.

I’m not talking about selling drops.
You’re guilds just getting raiding and you lose a benediction to someone only there for retail rewards.
You’re not selling loot at that point

4 Likes

People ninja’ing items that are no longer available, people selling things on the AH that are no longer available for way more than what they are worth in classic making it harder for people buy greens if they choose to on the AH, having people come over to vanilla and not be apart of the community at all just to get those nice xmogs and dip.

I can go on if you would like.

It’s a terrible idea and I’m glad blizz put their foot down on this already.

3 Likes