Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

I would say its OK to not have the CE pets for the 2004 release included JUST BECAUSE you got them in 2004 because they were the CE pets for TWO-THOUSAND-AND-FOUR. And its… What now?

1 Like

OMG WE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS.

I feel differently because I feel that classic should have those 3+1 pets somehow. You don’t. Ok. But who gives you the right to call me an idiot?

Flagged your post because you deserve it.

-golf clap-

You’re just right special in this moment. “You said ;idiot; OH NOOOOOOOOO”

No, I said such because I’ve been for CE pets, but not JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE THEM ON CURRENT cuz. They’re different games… and you very clearly are attempting to lash out at me as if im trying to kick your puppy.

Im sorry but… Do you realize how childish that just made you seem? I mean. Really though? hahahahahahahahahahahhaha. Love it. BRB 2s.

1 Like

because you are an idiot. no one, who earned those during vanilla- is going to want that time or progress invalidated. there are people who fight tooth and nail, just to get their original vanilla toons and items back.

and then there are people like you- who, apparently, have huge issues with grasping the difference between the two games. i am pretty confident that you never touched vanilla to begin with.

2 Likes

Lol I just posted two pics from vanilla today. Hahahhahahahhahahahah

and willing to bet it was a psever too.

2 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

Was thinking older brother’s screen shots myself.

2 Likes

Hahahhahaha I guess my Maste Sergeant title in BfA was from a pserver too? Hahahhahahahhahahahaha

MASTER SERGEANT

Look out y’all.

High roller in the house.

3 Likes

And muting this now.

I find it far too amusing to mute. Starman, in particular keeps using an old quote that Ythisens later clarified in this very thread. That’s what he does. He’s a troll who creates chaos and baits people with his ridiculous nonsense.

In the end, I can only laugh. Blizzard isn’t linking the accounts in any such way. That’s all that matters. The debate is over. So just take comfort in the fact that a blue and the devs understand that separating the two games entirely is of paramount importance. And they agree, as they’ve stated numerous times.

6 Likes

2017: “blue posts aren’t gospel”
2018: “blue posts are gospel”

You people can’t even make up your mind on what you want to go with.

On that note…

• “We want Classic to be a 100% authentic experience!”

• “We don’t care if CE pets are in Classic, even though they were in Vanilla!”

^ Same people… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

In line with my new tactic of dealing with blatant troll posts here, have some old school entertainment:

(My childhood shows were the best childhood shows)

How about those that want non vanilla changes–including, but not limited to: a non vanilla LFG system and guild banks-- but complain that not having their CE pets will not be an “authentic experience”?

3 Likes

He’s not wrong to hold you to what you’ve been preaching. Either you want it 100% authentic or you don’t, be consistent. He’s only using the ‘100% authentic’ argument to tell you that you should be onboard with creating an avenue for CE pets to make it into Classic.

I don’t see how him never claiming to want a 100% authentic experience and then suggesting limited QoL improvements is inconsistent.

1 Like

I believe I have been consistent in my desire not to see only elements that were present in vanilla. I, as most others did, knew that BNET integration would be part of Classic, as would colorblind access. Does that mean I was asking for those non vanilla changes? No, I was not asking for those changes.

I have not asked for non-vanilla changes, then used the claim of “not authentic” to try to get what I wanted or to get a toe in the door which I could then use as a precedent for even further non vanilla changes or linking of the two games.

It’s hilarious how people here forget their history. When Blizz announced Classic last year, the devs AND CMs were vague about what Classic was supposed to be.

Discussion has its merits. People that prevent discussion essentially censor others.

So yeah there were some sticking points with vanilla that I didn’t like and hoped could improve gameplay. Guild banks were a huge issue across the board. It’s worthy of discussion

But the things I asked for were out of frustration with vanilla, not because I wanted the two games linked or any of that garbage.

And with that said, people lump me into the camp of wanting mod, flying, etc. despite how I’ve explicitly advocated against any changes.

Guild banks were a very serious issue.
Group finder (I don’t call it LFG or LFD anymore because people have their own definitions apparently) were an idea in 2005. But then people assume I want LFR. Laughable.

So in the end I’ve mostly advocated for pure(ish) vanilla, right down to the damn font kerning.

So come at me with your insults and assumptions. I know where I stand and others do too. The trolls are the ones twisting what I say to serve their cause. I’m confident in what I believe in.

I use “authentic experience” as a jab at these people that claim they want 100% vanilla, oh but it’s ok to not have the CE pets.

<<johntravoltaconfused.gif>>

Were you not the one who said that traveling to the dungeons was not a social experience? Did you not as least imply that having to actually travel to the dungeon was just a waste of time?

When the devs asked for “discussion” they specifically mentioned the period of time between 2004 and 2006. Yet, you twisted that to mean “any and all changes, including non vanilla QOL convenience changes” and started pushing for numerous non vanilla QOL conveniences.

We have all seen that you have no real interest in an “authentic experience” except when it fits your agenda.

Didn’t you ask for WoW tokens, WoW store for mats,free respecs, no more things like arrows and regents, and class balancing?

That’s hardly pure(ish) that is straight up completely changing the game.

Also, why are you giving people crap for twisting your words (when they really aren’t you assumed they did), when you are literally twisting theres. Most people on here have been saying no CE pets from the ORIGINAL CE buyers. As in, if there is a CE for classic then cool, just not instant CE pets for people who bought the CE in 2004.