Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

Just to keep it at the top for Starman…

vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit :slight_smile:

What’s going to be worse are people that collect gear in Classic for the possibility of future connections. Blizzard, unfortunately, has softened on hard lines like no toons of different factions on pvp servers, no transfers to pvp servers, 90 day transfer max, etc. oh and that pesky “no” to vanilla servers.

I guess Johnny can give up all that bank space for the possibility that he might one day be able to transfer that item to retail.

Since storage space is pretty limited and even bank alts do not help with BOP items, however, it seems to me that would be a foolish thing to do.

But even years from now, I will be here asking Blizzard to keep the two games separate and not allow items to transfer between games. I expect that I will not be the only one.

1 Like

I should have went back and corrected that to the recent or since Cata CE.

The simplest answer for any such mount or xmog concern is simply this: Provide for them in Retail through similar means of acquirement. Done. There really aren’t that many and aspects of the content still remains so shoe horning it in will be no more challenging than the next patch’s addition to the system.

Achievements can still be account-wide, if they bother bringing them in to Classic at all, but they will be obviously marked or as separate as your Diablo and Starcraft Achievements are for Warcraft (and vice versa).

They might as well do this. Any past since of accomplishment has already been destroyed they might as well take this step and do the same. They should just give everyone AQ opening mounts.

Considering that many of the “accomplished players”/feats include people doing Naxx at 70, or the other Vanilla content at 80 pre-Cata, most of the feats were long-since degraded before this came around. IMO, someone achieving it a year from now on Classic has more right to brag on it than somebody who accomplished it during TBC, even if the TBC player did it first.

I could care less about the AQ event and associated mount/title, or the Legendaries, of course, I’ve always favored Priests, so the only thing I have in play is Anathema/Benediction, which brings us back to a number of level 70’s and even level 80’s who did that particular feat, for a quest that had been tuned for a level 60 with Vanilla Talents.

That ship sailed a very long time ago. If Blizzard had closed the proverbial gates when TBC went live, the story would be different. But in the meantime it is hard to /car about people wanting to be “unique” for having something which is only rare because Blizzard replaced the relevant content for reasons that had nothing to do with making them unique, aside from acknowledging that would be an “unavoidable outcome.”

1 Like

That’s what I am saying. They have destroyed the since of accomplishment of past expansions for years so they might as well ruin all of it.

Every achievement that gave you a mount in wotlk should have died on the next raid tier but they decided to leave them up. They should have deleted ashes of alar and the ZG mount the moment the next expansion was released. They should have made it so past raid gear is unusable in transmog unless you earned it THAT expansion (I realize there would have been an issue of vanilla>tbc). They should have never allowed t3 to be obtainable through BMAH along with other things you can get.

EDIT: For example, when I was rocking full season 1,2,3,4 pvp gear in TBC and full seasons 5,6,7,8 in Wrath with t2 weapons I felt like I stood out and was amazing. And even though I HATE transmog I always wanted to go back to the gear that I earned in past expansions when I had a lot of time to play but it got muddied very quickly knowing someone who started in 2015 rocks the same full season 8 paladin set as I do. Same goes for the ashes of alar I got or the heroic dungeon mount in wrath I got or all the mounts I got from raids in wrath. It just made them seem like a dime a dozen.

let me get this straight. you are actually arguing “hey they cheapened these things so lets just cheapen the remaining things”.

sound argument for sure that one /s.

Yeah whats the issue? Honestly answer me what you think the issue will be. They have already destroyed 98% of past accomplishments and basically handed them over to newer generations of wow players with little to no effort. So whats the point on holding onto just a select few of accomplishments? Thats like going through a house and taking a sledge hammer to every single wall except the closet. You might as well just mess up the closet too.

Edit: Just to clarify if collectors really really want old gear from past raids that aren’t obtainable anymore like anthema or ashbringer or something of that nature that they removed they may as well just let people get them for free. It is no different than letting someone waltz into BT and get the warglaives or letting people run down the ICC achievements to get the frostwyrm mount it is no different.

Uh, you missed the part where we both said there are people who have those things that as far as we’re concerned, shouldn’t.

Or the part where we’re going “At least in this case, they’d be earning it the way it was intended, at level, with the approprite talent trees.”

It’s only mildly upsetting in the “it makes us less special” sense, because now even more people can get to it once again. But it doesn’t change when we did it the first time compared to when the rest of them did. It also doesn’t change the fact that linked or not, people will be accomplishing these things again, in a way I can approve of. So why not recognize it?

Except for the obvious answer of that particular intermix between retail and Classic would be positively toxic for Classic. That doesn’t mean that Retail needs to be outright prohibited from having its own way to obtain the stuff apart from Classic.

Just that if they do provide the means to do so, “our preference” would be that they have to earn it, and that it take more than 1 to 3 hours out of their day(timewalker dungeon/raid) to do so. Which means they’d essentially have to get it the same way we did. In full compliance with the rules as they were in 1.12, not whatever they are in retail today or next year. Nothing says “restored legacy rewards” need to be easy to obtain. :slight_smile:

It WOULD be interesting to Time Walk raids to allow for opportunities at those.

One of the biggest fails of modern WoW is that the Raids are rather pointless after you pass them, except to pad your Achievement count as a solo or a couple players.

At the very least, they should be tuned to current Heroic and Mythic Dungeon levels to entice alternate gearing paths.

I agree with most of this. As someone mentioned before, most of the T3/Naxx mog gear you see is either from new-Naxx/BMAH or from BC farming, and doesn’t carry the prestige used to argue against re-introducing it. While, Naxx at 70 was actually still no joke, it was definitely tremendously easier than at 60. Blizzard hasn’t been consistent with the content that’s been removed or time limited. Once the new-Naxx meta achievement mounts were removed, the backlash caused them to rethink that philosophy.

Since Blizzard has introduced transmog (and even the boss pets) and given players reason to go back and farm old raids it has made the old, non-relevant raids relevant again. Re-introducing Naxx, ZG, ZA, UBRS, LBRS, etc through an NPC or CoT would not only be trivial now that Vanilla is being converted to the new engine format, but a logical decision at this point.

If they did that, everyone would win. Then we could hug it out.

1 Like

Sure they could do this, why not. This really has nothing to do with the classic community so it won’t effect us either way but sure I don’t see why they shouldn’t do this considering everything else is already like this.

Keep in mind, the Classic community isn’t exclusively made up of people who only play Classic.

I consider myself part of the Classic community because I played Vanilla and intend to play Classic, but I also consider myself part of the Retail community because I will continue to play it and know that the character I can take with me is the one I played in Vanilla and still play today.

I realize you can be apart of multiple communities but this wouldn’t effect the community of classic as in the game that is part of that community.

A major change to league of legends will not effect the call of duty community even though there are people who play both.

Basically what I am saying is this is a retail issue, not a classic one so it’s not exactly relevant. But either way, they may as well just put the nail in the coffin to the handful of items that are seen as rare in retail.

This thread is seriously still going… :neutral_face:

Way to be a part of the problem rather than the solution! :rofl:

1 Like

I was coming here to say the exact same thing. Ridiculous, but this is what is going to happen when Classic launches.

What problem? You want people here to come together to solve your transmog problem on BfA. That doesn’t seem like a problem that people on the Classic forum need to find a solution for.