Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

He ironically perpetuated a thread he was in disbelief was still being perpetuated, you dimwitted troll.

1 Like

Calling me a troll while you cry on the Classic WoW forum for more ways to obtain 12 year old transmog in BfA, because you can’t afford the pieces on the BMAH.

:thinking:

1 Like

Then you should probably stop openly antagonizing the rest of the community.

:roll_eyes:

I almost felt that burn. Keep it going, troll.

1 Like

If that’s what you want, I could comment on your logs, but I think I’ll refrain. If you want to obtain transmog that has been removed from Modern WoW, you should make a thread on the general forum with compelling reasons why Blizzard should reintroduce those items in another way other than the BMAH.

Oh no…not the logs!

If you truly want your advice taken, you have a pathetic strategy. It’s almost like what you said has been said before…try to keep up.

It’s sound advice. Why do you think your complaint about BfA has anything to do with Classic?

Sound or not, if laced with arrogance and disrespect, those who hear it are far less likely to even consider it.

To which complaint are you referring to?

You reap what you sow.

This one:

What does this have to do with Classic WoW? You’ve already acknowledged you no longer support linking your acquisition of items in Classic to BfA; where does Classic come into the picture now that you’ve changed your stance?

I won’t explain it again. Go read the exchanges following that statement, apparently a complaint in your fantasy land, and then we can have a rational discussion.

We can have a rational discussion on the appropriate forum; make a thread about this BfA issue on the general forum and I’ll gladly participate in civil discourse.

I don’t understand why you think the Classic forum is an appropriate place to ask for ways to obtain unobtainable transmogs in BfA.

4 Likes

Agreed. I keep checking back on this thread maybe thinking there’s an actual discussion happening, but instead it’s just people responding to this guy “Why do you want retail and BfA to be linked?” and then he has to respond “I don’t learn to read.” It’s like he’s not realizing that by amending what he wants that he’s gone off-topic.

1 Like

while this is true, we don’t need to add additional reasons for them to do so.
by your logic, people are going to steal stuff, so we should leave our houses unlocked. sound stupid? yeah of course it does. but just because people quit or left does not mean we need to add more reasons for them to quit.

1 Like

so go to the general forums and ask blizzard for them to add those things to RETAIL. the last thing most the classic community wants is to worry about why someone is playing classic.

the only reason anyone should want to play classic is because its classic. plain and simple. not “I’m here for my mogs”. because frankly, that is just a waste of 39 other peoples time.

so. you want pets, mogs, and mounts from the vanilla timeframe to be put into retail. go to the retail forums and ask for it.

2 Likes

and that’s fine, doesn’t mean we should change classic to suit you though. the goal of classic is for those who want to play classic to play classic.

not so people can get rewards in retail.
the majority of the community feels that way, the blizzard devs feels that way, and the CMs feel that way.

4 Likes

cough

While the 1.12 data exists in the current 8.1 (upcoming) patch, it as a straight from Classic -> CurrentTime is an absolute mess.

They took the 1.12 code etc etc and reworked how it organized itself to fit the new engine. They didnt completely re-do the whole game to be the exact same as 8.1…

1.12 DOES NOT equal 8.1. While part of 8.1, 1.12 is not the same at ALL.

While current has the items and code for the items, how that old data interacts with new data between 1.12 and 8.1 cache is completely different because of 14 years of rewriting on top of 1.12 and changing that… In the new engine it found things in weird places because it was basically “read water, here XXXX” where it was the value after cataclysm in the 1.12 data. This disconnect is what has given them the most trouble in making everything align properly in the new software/hardware of the advanced engine.

HOWEVER THIS DISCONNECT DOES NOT ACTUALLY AFFECT THE GAME DATA. JUST WHERE THE GAME FOUND ITS DATA FROM THE CACHE AND THE ART ASSETS TO FILL IT. is what was said during the opening announcements of Classic.

With the update to the streamline of the graphics, a lot of the ART assets still existed, and needed to exist for those new design values and everything else… And thus when the old cataclysm and forward new engine was reading and pulling from art assets for matching the cache data it didnt know what to fill it with. Cata texture values and assets? or Vanilla texture values and assets?

It would be a more akin description to organizing a brand new bookshelf… and then trying to take a book off your shelf, place it onto your tablet and then complain and get confused why your tablet didnt download the book when you placed it on top if it.

This doesnt mean they can magically link 1.12 and 8.1 caches and make it so it gives you material and items on CurrentTime. The data between the two, because of how they explained they updated, and expanded warcraft on top of the previously written scripts. While inclusive, doesnt mean that specific data is actually compatible to move between such an EXTENSIVE period of re-writing and updates. That more than anything would have made Classic way more of a titanic undertaking…

Im sorry if you dont get that… But honestly. If you dont understand that, after that explanation. Then there is no hope for you.

Ah yes, I forgot, an item I obtain in the burning crusade becomes unusable and no longer works years later in retail.

I do not think you understand this:
These items already have retail equivalents. These mounts already have retail equivalents.

It’s literally as simple as adding a new appearance to the book.

Did you know that classic actually doesn’t use 1.12’s code, but uses 1.12’s DATA inside of the legion engine?

Surely you didn’t know that, sillyhead

But if you did know that, then your entire post is absolutely meaningless.

Why speak on technical matters that you do not understand?

2 Likes

Actually most of us do know that it is using the legion engine with 1.12 data. Stop thinking your so smart.

And no, no rewards linking.

1 Like

I write Naruto Fanfiction™

1 Like

I keep getting accused of asking/demanding anyone to change Classic to suit me. I never said that, so I’m not sure where you’re dredging that up from.