Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

The only incentive to play, should be to play Classic. Linking Classic to Retail is a terrible idea that will negatively impact social interactions and populations.

If Blizzard wants to reward Vanilla CE owners with Classic versions of those CE pets, then great. If they don’t, then they don’t. End of story, just be happy to play Classic.

1 Like

I feel like you lost the subject of our argument. How is retailers desire for vanilla gear IN retail relevant to how classic should be approached though. I understand retailers are going to want these things, that’s obvious. But how is it/how should it be relevant at all to classic systems? It isn’t and it shouldn’t

It isn’t relevant to Classic in a strict sense.

It is relevant to Classic in a broader sense because it quite literally is the freight-train lurking around the corner of the next turn.

My car is my car, it has nothing to do with the Railroad except for when I cross at a railroad crossing. Likewise a frieght train is a frieght train, and it has little to do with my car.

At least until my car happens to be at a railroad crossing at the right wrong time.

Then it’s time to call whaaambulance.

No it is irrelevant and this has also been confirmed by blizzard and even on this very post it has been confirmed.

Retail and classic are never crossing paths and they have said over and over and over and over again that classic will NOT have any connection to retail AT ALL. There is no railroad car crossing over the cars path and there is no cars path crossing over a railroad because they are not going to be connected in any sense of the word.

This isn’t me spitting off nonsense this has been confirmed by the big man himself. Read into things before you post please.

I was there for Vanilla, I’ve got my own nostalgia for it, so I definitely understand. Everyone remembers it differently, enjoyed different aspects about it, and wants to relive it in a different way. The common ground you both stand on is that you both want to re-experience the aspects of Vanilla you most enjoyed. For some, that’s a 100% authentic experience, for some it’s talent trees, for some it’s the pace, for some it’s the raiding, for some it’s exploring on the ground, for some it’s collecting gear for an IF set. But you both share love for Classic in some way.

I’m a collector, and I want to collect the mounts/mogs that were taken out of the game. You can insult that all you want, but I won’t budge in what I like to do in WoW. I will state for at least the 7th time, I don’t think a Classic-cross-over is the right solution, but I see part of the Classic community getting what they want and part of the Classic community not getting what they want.

You’re only satisfied because so far the CM’s statement lines up with your philosophy.

I agree that this will only intensify as things progress. Blizzard has to address community outcry, the community pays their bills. Making these items available in some other form in Retail is something they’ve done plenty of times and would appease both those who created and perpetuated the idea of Class-Retail crossover and those who want a segregated experience.

Let these guys dreaming that Classic need retail stuff for colectors players of retail for classic longevity… they don’t know nothing.

They simple fall here now and don’t know how are classic community, what we want, why we want, etc…

They are players that just interested on some cosmetics that will forgot after get. The “only myself” and “Insta gratification” retail mentality no have place in classic, don’t need explain, they will see and cry.

And Blizzard also said they would never support the buying of gold in game, and they also would never support level boost packs either. Yet level boosts are now standard offerings in each Expansion pack, particularly if you go CE.

Blizzard has a history of “evolving” on their positions over time. Their current intentions are rather clear cut, and I agree that Retail -> Classic will probably never happen. I’m not so certain on Classic -> Retail not happening.

The only way I’d be reasonably certain that won’t happen is if Blizzard implements “Vanilla” back into retail by some means, and they keep Classic out of it entirely.

1 Like

Not just cms it has been confirmed. Just letting you know.

3 Likes

Sure, I’d suspect the CM’s just echo the Devs. I use the term “CM” loosely.

Ok so now your argument is that blizzard might change their stance on how classic and retail connect. That is not a valid argument in this context and is a completely different argument all together.

As of right now, and what has been told to us, IT IS NOT HAPPENING. Therefore makes this subject 100% irrelevant.

If you think they will change their mind in how they are connected that is fine. But that is a completely different argument. Also, it is a little delusional if you ask my personal opinion but that’s neither here nor there.

If you want more mogs, I think you have a better chance of improving your PvP capabilities and going for some of the Elite set appearances.

Oh, how about the BlizzCon Q&A’s from 10+ years ago where they made strong position statements on Level Boosts and gold selling?

Blizzard changes its mind on things. Never say never, and also note, they didn’t say “never” they just said “it won’t be supported” … for now, later might be different.

Galdor, welcome back, troll.

Again, this is a completely different argument and has nothing to do with the facts that are on us right now.

But, if you want me to humor you… did they say no level boosts or gold selling on the same expansion they implemented them? Because you realize that retail is an ever changing philosophy and continues to step on its toes from what it use to be.

And classic is literally built around the idea or specifically NOT doing that. You do understand this correct?

I think their changing their mind in 2 years or so is probable. I’d say it is not going to happen any earlier than 2021.

And as I said earlier in this discussion, working out “How to deal with Timmy” is truly more a topic for once Classic is ready to go live for the general public. Until then it is a distraction as much as it is anything else, other than to continue to affirm the solution should be found outside of Classic’s ecosystem.

Just offering you a solution that will satisfy your collecting needs and is actually within the realm of possibility.

Which is fine if you think that, but it has nothing to do with this conversation at all considering what is told to us at this very point.

What you are saying might be relevant if they decide to change their minds but as of right now it is not relevant.

Sorry, but I have to take a crack at this one. The MT poofing after getting loot from a major boss kill WAS very much part of the Vanilla WoW experience for a LOT of guilds, it destroyed more than a few that way.

But also agreed that linking Classic to Retail for Xmogs, Achievements, and other assorted things is asking for that kind of behavior to go from “somewhat uncommon” where it happened enough that almost everybody knew (of) somebody else who’d had that experience, to very common in that everybody would get to experience it.

Of course, even without the linking between the two, there is going to be a real risk for the Guilds that get into Naxx that the night they kill KT is the last night they see a substantial number of guild members all the same, getting the loot not required.

Just being able to say they killed KT at level 60 has to be a big bucketlist item for a LOT of players, in-game Achievement recognition for doing so or not. That by itself is going to be bad enough without the item tourists being around as well.

Then don’t play? The people who want Classic want to play Classic. If you want retail rewards for playing Classic, guess what? You don’t want Classic. Do us all a favor, and just don’t play.

2 Likes