Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

Yeah, I don’t know where you’re getting this from. Nobody’s asking for it.

But listen, I’m sorry you didn’t get a vanilla CE, but don’t be so blatantly bitter about it. It’s obvious that you’re using your lack of a vanilla CE to make sure nobody has anything from it.

Just stop arguing about it. Starman isn’t going to change his mind, clearly. He has a small sliver of hope, no matter how small it may be. Leave it at that for now. Clearly blizzard knows where everyone stands.

1 Like

Exactly. They ARE connected NOW. It makes no difference that they were not always connected. You cannot remove that connection that they now share by waving your hand and saying that connection didn’t always exist.

Even if they were to find a way to link the CE pets with classic without using that collections system, that would NOT change the fact that those pets are part of the collections system, nor would it remove the connection that those pets share with that system.

“Everyone” being the two people in there that don’t have vanilla CEs?

OK.

lol , i had other toons i got the other ones on, so I was not too worried about getting them.

“Find a way”? Did Blizzard lose the ability to read their own database? LOL.

Everyone actively involved in this debate that has raged over 200 replies.

1 Like

SUre you can, Blizzard can easily make it work the way it did then, and I am not trying to remove the connection they share now, I am saying it makes no difference here at all as that connection is not needed for them to enable the CE pets.

So are all pets, so they should not have any pets then?

Yes, they can easily enable the CE pets without the collection system, it was not needed for them then, so they can do it again if they chose to without it.

You better be real damn good at PvP if you’re going to go around with a panda cub pet knowing you chose it over the other options.

1 Like

pfft, never play on a pvp server to bother with that, and I rocked my panda all the way to my corporal title:O)

Those pets would still be part of that collections system, though.

You cannot remove that connection.

Nothing is stopping anyone from acquiring other pets in Classic. Nothing is preventing Blizzard from reoffering those pets for Classic via a Classic CE, either.

That connection would set a precedent for other parts of that collections system to be linked between the games, even if Blizzard didn’t directly use the collections system to transfer those pets to Classic.

LOL that’s not how code works, dude.

So let me get this straight, and I’m laughing SO HARD IRL right now.

You think that if the CE pets are given to CE owners, that Blizzards OWN CODE will give everyone all their pets?

Better yet…you think Blizzard can’t write code to NOT do that?

THAT’S. NOT. HOW. CODE. WORKS.

Where did I ever say that?

Right here.

And yes, Blizzard can (in a sense) wave their hand and change things. It’s called C++.

Yes you can,lol, that connection is not needed for them to be added to Classic.

Not even remotely true, as the collection system would have ZERO to do with the CE pets being enabled in Classic, how many times do I have to explain to you they do NOT need the collection system to enable the CE pets, ZERO connection between to two.

Enabling them no more sets a precedent than does collecting any other pet that is now part of the collection system too.

1 Like

I think he knows it, but he’s so far down the rabbit hole that this is the hill he’s gonna die on for whatever reason.

1 Like

That connection does not mean that “everyone gets all of their pets”. It means that those CE pets are part of that collections system and therefore are connected to that system.

Try again.

You’re looking at it from the wrong direction.

Try this:

if (getAccount(person).collectorsEdition == true)
{
CEPets()
}

That’s it.

10 characters

2 Likes

That’s your response?