Please Raise M+ Loot Cap to Ilvl 450 for timing 22s in 10.1

I do play the hardest content. However, in World of Warcraft the hardest content does not always award the best gear.

:frog:

1 Like

running 16’s forever to maximize your gear, perhaps even the fastest, does sound gross.

time should not be your currency. neither should luck or money.

the only currency blizzard should take from the players is skill and community building

And here I am… Getting the best gear available because I can do and DO the hardest content.

Meanwhile, there you are, swooping down on your dragon just BARELY tagging an elite rare to get loot demanding you get the best gear.

You’re an inept fool.

1 Like

/thumbs up

there is no such a thing. you are either engaging with the content, giving the reward, or you don’t. your subscription gives you equal access, it is up to the player how to use it.

1 Like

that’s not what games are for

M+ is the easiest form of end-game content. You should consider yourself lucky it drops mythic raid level rewards at all.

It’s harder to get a damn spark then time a +20 lol.

1 Like

What ARE games for?

I play for fun and to enjoy working as a team with my friends.

A 402 lariat and a 418 lariat, with all else constant, have zero impact on my ability to time content for max rewards.

Collectively across 10+ slots while hitting a few key slots like trinkets or weapon, sure ai may be like 5-10% more effective. Again that isn’t what is throttling my ability to time this content.

Mechanics have been the stop gap for clearing content for awhile now. I took a grand new monk up to timing 14s in less than 10 hours of play time while pugging. Because I knew mechanics in the dungeons I was running.

I don’t think this is that big of a deal.

1 Like

The ol’ participation trophy logic.

1 Like

The 'ol my self worth is based on my performance in a video game logic.
Or
Other people getting things I have makes me have less value logic.

This is fun

2 Likes

One of the most based things I’ve ever read. Of course rewards should be commensurate with difficulty. That’s one of the most basic tenants of World of Warcraft life.

A big part of RPGs is character progression. Gear-chasing is a fundamental part of the game. Using that gear to defeat ever more difficult encounters is the purpose of the gear.

The best gear should absolutely, unquestionably, go to the players completing the most difficult content. Reward quality should scale down as things get easier, just as it does now. This is not a controversial opinion.

:rofl:

Look at how many people have timed 20s v how many people have killed mythic later mythic raid bosses or have gotten elite pvp ranks. It’s not close.

You must be pretty sheltered if you truly believe the greatest rewards go to the people who do the most difficult things in life.

Back to wow though: Gear progression can be tuned to happen more quickly doing difficult content, but still make progression while doing less difficult content. If well designed, people still want to clear raids because it is fun(and will still be rewarding in both power level and cosmetics). People can still get rewards they enjoy that don’t impact their power level.

It’s clear to see many people do difficult content for bragging rights/the challenge and NOT because of the gear. Otherwise they wouldn’t bother doing any keys higher than 20, but yet clearly they still engage in this content.

1 Like

You can get 424 tier from beating the first two bosses of the raid.

I can promise you that there are more Mythic Raiders with 424 items than there are M+ pushers with timed 22s.

The odds of getting 424 tier having killed only the first two bosses is extremely low. The vast majority of people with 424 tier got it after killing M. Brood or M. Rasz, both of which are incalculably harder than timing a 20.

If you’re rating is in seasonal title range, that’s impressive, but the folks doing 20s for vault (i.e., where the “nerf” you’re talking about comes in) are not doing the most challenging content. As someone with all my portals complete and clearing the raid on mythic, it’s not close.

This is 100% correct.

This is 100% not correct. This genre of games has always rewarded time investment. WoW became popular because it was the easy mmo. Wrath was popular because it was easy. The end goal should be to get as many people that want to play an mmorpg playing as possible, build the community and let people have fun.

This is not and should not be an either or. There is nothing wrong with allowing casual players to continue character progression to a heroic raid level with enough time investment. You are delusional if you think post nerf raiding is in any way difficult.

2 Likes

If raiding is so easy, why haven’t you cleared the raid? Hmm.

Even in Wrath, the best gear came from 25m raiding, and no matter how much time you put in, you couldn’t get that level of gear without doing that content.

I have no interest in clearing the raid. I have CE’s from raids I had no interest in clearing.

I have watched/ been apart of several guilds that parse blue/ green and get CE throwing enough bodies at nerfed bosses. If you want to discuss the highest end raiders pushing the first month, yes that is challenging. But it isn’t any more challenging that the highest end players pushing huge keys and huge pvp rating. More often than not, they are the same players anyway.