Please Raise M+ Loot Cap to Ilvl 450 for timing 22s in 10.1

Blizzard is adding 447 crafted gear in 10.1, equal to the best Great Vault gear / M20 Great Vault, attainable by simply depleting 16s over and over often enough. That’s gross. Yucky yucky yuck. YUCK. YUCK. YUCK.

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

Could you NOT Blizzard? Why are you undermining M20 loot? This system worked in 10.0. Why are you effectively nerfing M+ by making welfare gear equal to the best M+ gear? This is a step backward from the progress you had made. It feels like you’re washing away the progress you had just made even though you claim that you want to reward players for doing more challenging challenge.

If for whatever reason you feel absolutely compelled to push forward making welfare crafted loot better, could you at least add a new carrot for M+ players who are striving to conquer more challenging content? I don’t really like the idea that the best way to gear up in 10.1 is to simply slum a hundred M16s for currency and craft BIS right away. That’s so yucky.

:face_vomiting:

11 Likes

There it is! I haven’t seen that phrase in 2 days.

21 Likes

Why do you assume you would only need a 16 untimed for that gear … Are they not adding the watermark system to crafted gear as well ?

Actual question !

What other way is there to phrase the idea of getting the best possible loot from repeatedly failing trivial content?

It’s a major step backwards.

Not sure what you mean by “watermark”.

I would say “WoW end game is like a pie-eating contest where the grand prize is more pie.”

8 Likes

Why 22s tho. Is it cuz its the maximum level keys YOU can do? lol

9 Likes

No.

https://raider.io/characters/us/sargeras/Sentenz%C3%A4

22 is just a level where I feel like a player with any class/spec can complete the content as a PUG player. Meta only starts to harden around 23s.

1 Like

If there is a limit like Sparks for crafted gear so a player won’t be able to immediately craft all slots then I don’t see that being a problem.

I think the biggest crests only drop from >= 20. But yeah, m+ upgrades should go to 447.

1 Like

What you said is not correct.

You can get more sparks using Vault coins.

1 Like

That’s exactly why the crafting gearing we have now works and is good for the game, because acquiring the Spark was time gated and capped. Even now that its uncapped, farming enough of it to fully gear out the rest of the slots takes a very long grind given how rare it is.

It wouldn’t be any different if the limit to crafting was 421 instead of 418. There’s nothing wrong with giving crafting max ilevel as long as its time gated like vaults/raids.

It just seems you only issue with this is making max ilevel gear more accessible somehow diminishes what you can do. People who has no business doing 20+keys to cap vault won’t suddenly be able to do 20s if they had access to 1 crafted max ilevel piece per week.

So I don’t see what the beef really is except it being an ego thing.

I dunno about you, but I’d love to have 1 more way to acquire max ilevel gear per week and if it could be crafting, I can even choose what to get.

1 Like

It isn’t ego - it’s wanting more challenging content to have greater rewards, to have a greater payoff for accomplishing a goal.

This is the basis of the entire game after all.

1 Like

This right here is going to be a bad design choice. Why would anyone care to push harder content? The fact 16’s can give highest loot means nobody will wanna run a +15.

my suggestion is to make +16 and higher really hard to obtain.

people were pushing +20 long before it had any meaningful reward attached to it. Back when +10-15 was the highest you can get in terms of gear, people were still pushing keys higher.

3 Likes

Yeah I like this idea. Extend to 22s!

Also WHERE ARE OUR ACTUALLY GOOD AND EQUAL SEASONAL REWARDS? THIS KODO MOUNT IS TRASH. TRANSMOG? ILLUSIONS? DRAGON RIDING MOUNT?

2 Likes

It’s less that people won’t run high keys and more that they are less meaningful. People would still clear the Mythic raid if the first boss dropped the same ilvl as the last boss, but it would definitely diminish that feeling of satisfaction clearing the raid if the final boss dropped very little of value.

I like the way it is now. The best gear should come from the hardest content, that being Mythic Raiding. Mythic + gear being a few ilvls behind isn’t a bad thing.

This is such a point of contention for me. It is harder to get CE than time a 22. However, the primary difficulty of mythic raid is the roster. I have a hard time creating an advanced reward around outdated restrictions that need changed anyway.

2 Likes

And that’s true too… All of the complaints from Mythic Raiding are understandable.

Blizzard refusing to back down is nothing new, until more and more quit and they’re forced (prime example: Pathfinder)

2 Likes