Please, please, please merge OCE and US arena / bgs

I actually cannot play the game, I come home from work at 8pm… try to queue 3v3 arena at around 2k MMR and I cannot get a queue pop after 10min and my team calls it. How much more data and proof does Blizzard need to show that the OCE population doesn’t support a healthy PvP community.

Introduce the same system on retail where it tries to queue you with OCE for the first 3min and then goes to US servers… so if people want to only play OCE they can drop queue and go again, while the rest of us can actually play after 3 minutes.

please please please please, i just want to play the game (no i can’t transfer because I raid with a bunch of mates and that’s not feasible) What is feasible is opening up the servers like on retail.

Edited: Ok, to the dense Americans who don’t know what the retail system is and jumped to conclusions let me tell you. The retail system will try to match OCE v OCE in the first 3min of the queue, after that it allows OCE to go onto the US servers and once a game is found will put OCE against US on US servers only. US DOES NOT PLAY ON OCE SERVERS ON RETAIL. So therefore, you wouldn’t play on OCE BG or arena servers in TBC. Ya’ll picking up what I’m putting down? The only ones disadvantaged would be us, which would be by choice because we would keep queuing past 3 minutes. Ya feel me peeps? Much love <3

2 Likes

Yeah, what he said.

I mean I agree but last time blizz did this OCE players freaked out and demanded them to be split again

Last time blizzard did this it was a complete lag fest for everyone who wasn’t on an OCE server. It was unplayable for pretty much everyone else. I’d probably better off for serious OCE PvPers to reroll on another server.

5 Likes

That would exacerbate the problem.

@OP, I’m on the fence about this issue.
On the one hand, long queues suck. On the other, queueing against low MS Americans also sucks.
I’m happy for a 5min wait for Battlegrounds- I really prefer playing with/vs OCE players only. BG weekends have very short queues so that’s fine.

Arenas from my understanding are much more active on the weekends and especially monday / tuesday nights. That might be a temporary solution for you- queue Sun/Mon/Tues.

Remember when OCE was going to be in the same battle group as North America and all the OCE players came crying about it on the forums?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

That’s because we get 300 ms latency in games. Always.

I remember and i am quite happy with not playing in american BG’s.
I do not want to be merged into the american servers.

There are a hell of a lot more of us who dont want this crap.

2 Likes

They did that for season of mastery and it’s awful, and every now and then you get thrown into the OCE server and it’s just a laggy and miserable experience.

Not just a no, an ‘oh hell no’. Keep your lag on your side of the ocean.

1 Like

define alot LOL. Arena’s/bgs are dead on OCE.

You define it.

I actually love how blizzard is holding a grudge and not letting OCE back into the mix because they complained endlessly a while ago to be separated.

Reap what you sow

that or just the 1 guy working on TBC is probably working on WOLTK instead.

Know what else sucks? Going into a bg that’s hosted from an oce server and wanting to afk out because theres a 3sec lag on every ability

1 Like

Dread the thought of zoning into arena to find it’s hosted down under.

Every BG during the short time OCE/NA was merged was 90% Aussies whinging about Americans for everything from politics to the game itself, even during a win.

Pass.

sounds like there’d be a lot of lag in the arena. tbc pvp is a meme enough as it is. No need to make it worse.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.