Please open PVE -> PVP transfers prior to TBC

At this point in the game, any “advantage” people may have had from being on a PVE server is null and void. I transferred to Mankrik to play with my brother, who ended up quitting a few months later. My friends and all of the people I leveled with are back on my previous server and I would like to have my main there for TBC. I don’t think this would harm anyone and would only be a positive both for blizzard and for the community.

8 Likes

Why do you want to transfer to a pvp server? If you want to gank lowbies, but never had to go through that yourself it is unfair to others.

6 Likes

Unless Blizz changed it sometimes after Cata, they have NEVER allowed that kind of transfer. There were, I believe, LOTS of warnings about not being able to go back as well in the various messages during the process. If it was me, I’d be more mad at my sibling for convincing me to transfer then quitting.

1 Like

I’m sorry but this is a completely false premise.

My PVP server has been a complete nightmare the past couple of months of endless ganking/griefing of raids.

Just this past week, a couple guilds had their raids completely blown up upon landing fully buffed in LHC (and this is a regular occurrence).

And to make matters much worse, the top guilds have gotten their Naxx clears down to 1 day (or at most 2), so they can grief the remaining guilds that still need into Sunday/Monday to clear:

I’ll give you an example from my raid this past week. On Sunday, we attempted KT a couple times and were struggling, so we went to get re-buffed with Ony/ZG buffs. When we started to head back to Naxx, there was a full 40-50 raid gank squad camping EPL and waiting for us. It was an alliance alt guild of horde mains that didn’t want us to get the KT kill this week.

So we had to end the raid early and come back on Monday to get the KT kill. Literally all 40 of us logged out together in Plaguewood because there was no path to Naxx.

There is endless stories like this on some of the more brutal PVP servers; farming nodes/herbs is literally a PVP-fest at times in EPL.

There’s alliance rogues that camp every mage portal, Xroads/Ashenvale just waiting to pounce on fully buffed horde players.

I often have to collect my buffs twice or three times before I have them all and am safely unflagged due to priests hiding on Zandalar Island or in BB or somewhere else.

You can’t quantify the sheer amount of time and effort that it takes overcome some of these things and then just say something completely untrue like ‘At this point in the game, any “advantage” people may have had from being on a PVE server is null and void.’

There’s no truth in that statement at all. Go to a high population PVP server with an alt and see for yourself.

2 Likes

Wrath pre-patch DURING late TBC is when they allowed unrestricted PvE to PvP transfers. It was funny as always listening to the trolls crying about it on forums back then. It had zero impact on the game. I have never played on a PvE server, it didn’t bother me then, and it wouldn’t bother me now. May have even been before the pre-patch, but definitely was during TBC when the change was made.

Here is an article from 2008 that I just popped up from a quick search.
Blizzard to Allow PvE to PvP Server Transfers | WIRED

EDIT: And just to clarify a bit, I’m neither for nor against. What I do care about is making sure that IF they do allow the transfers, they put in some type of faction balance control so that lopsided servers don’t happen. If they don’t do faction control, then I would prefer they did NOT allow the transfers.

Ahh, my mistake. Been a LONG time for us old folk :stuck_out_tongue:

#nohandouts!

Just use your 58 boost on a pvp server

4 Likes

and bring your resources that were easily gained and cheap? Check the AH prices, you could load up on mats and make 25% more gold just transferring and reselling. We think not to PvE to PvP without taking all your bank and gold.

I expect most transfers would be the other way, PvP to PvE. The WB meta makes raiding on a PvP server a royal pain.

You guys actually fly in to LHC? Come on man get a summoner set up somewhere dear lord

2 Likes

My guild uses summoners nearby/on top or underneath so ppl get summoned directly in…

But some guilds on rebuff runs just fly in to LHC and run in as a big group. Of course it’s pretty obvious when it happens.

I think you are missing the point of this thread, i transferred to play with little brother, he quit, trying to transfer back to my old server w my friends. And the “advantages” i’m talking about are the ones people say that you get on PVE - i.e. being able to farm in open world w/o being ganked etc, nothing to do with being able to get into raids.

I think they should open pve to pvp transfers to the underrepresented faction on a given pvp server.

1 Like

It was quite clear that those transfers were a one way street. Use a boost on a PvP server!

2 Likes

No. :tea: :frog:

1 Like

If you can’t clear content that is nearly old enough to drink without world buffs, you don’t deserve to clear said content.

This thread has completely gone off the rails, I’m just trying to transfer back to my original PVP server after to transferring to a PVE realm to play with a family member that eventually quit the game.

1 Like

I don’ t agree that this should be available. To easy to exploit. Level and gather mats on a pve server with no issues, then take all your collected mats to the pvp server and sell them for 5× the price.

It is a well known fact that you can not Transfer PVE to PVP.

So you have no one to blame but yourself.

2 Likes

While there is no reason to be rude… Yea, allowing this would cause issues.