Please merge the OCE battlegroup with NA again

~https://imgur.com/bH5tTTI~

These are alliance queue times. Game is completely unplayable outside of peak hours.

Edit: Apologies for not knowing how to hyperlink without getting flagged

~https://imgur.com/zUPiOv5~ WSG @ 7:30pm ST
~https://imgur.com/3StvBMU~ AV @ 7:30pm ST
~https://imgur.com/nB6zYOs~ AB @ 7:30pm ST
~https://imgur.com/ffPUmNh~ EOTS @ 7:30pm ST

For those of you who use off peak hours as a rationale against merging with NA.

13 Likes

This gun be good

1 Like

your post is at about 7am thursday morning server time and you expect insta pop?

3 Likes

Yeah I was againts it at first, but it’s just awful. I only play to pvp and only get couple hours a day to play, I spend most of that in queues…

5 Likes

Think before you post. I am aware it is off peak. I specifically included that in my post.

But you’d expect that with the combined populations of Arugal/Yojamba/Remulos/Felstriker regardless of time of day or day of the week there would be 10-15 ally available to queue a wsg/ab/eots. Even when a game finally popped it was 5v10 and 8v10 by the time they got the 3rd flag cap in wsg.

3 Likes

I think even a one time faction swap with a limit was offered might help. I know I’d probably go to ally just to be able to get queues.

2 Likes

I have no interest in having lag while I play pvp so happy to stay separate, if you primarily queue during US hours how about you move to the US servers and play there that way you can get your laggy insta queues.

4 Likes

I remember posting about this to you OCE players saying you should be ecstatic that you got merged onto NA battlegroups literally for this very reason and you all wanted this change and held people who told you this was good to a stake.

I honestly can’t say I feel too sorry about this lol.

3 Likes

As a fellow Australian, this is not new to me.

In the days of games having dedicated servers and not using matchmaking, it was common that you could only reliably play online competitive games on peak hours Friday/Saturday night.

Maybe you should transfer to NA if that isn’t sufficient for you.

2 Likes

“Just transfer lmao”. Another low quality post here on the Blizzard forums.

I may play off peak Monday through Friday but transferring isn’t an option when my ENTIRE friend base is OCE and I can still play with them on the weekends. Guess I better transfer to play BG’s with strangers lmao xD

1 Like

Please fix this, this is beyond obnoxious at this point

2 Likes

Sounds like a “you” problem, friend. Low participation in online games has always been a problem in Oceania. Blizzard can’t force people to play at the same time as you and your friends, but you can make a choice to join a more populous region if PvP is that important to you.

2 Likes

I dont see the point of ruining the experience for others who are quite happy with the OCE only battlegroup, I quite enjoy having 10-15 ping instead of 150-170.

Yeah queues are longer but thats not an issue for me would rather get 1-2 good battles with no lag than 5-7 with higher latency.

5 Likes

The oceanic pvp scene is going to die very fast if it isn’t merged.

There’s barely any bg’s going even at peak times. I haven’t seen any AV’s going at all since I hit 70.

How do you guys think it’s going to be in 6 months when most people have already done their pvp grinds?

5 Likes

Most of us were pretty happy with the merger… it was just a very vocal minority that kicked up a fuss about it. I’d much rather be able to log on and have a couple of battlegrounds rather than sitting in a queue for an hour during peak hours for a single game. I imagine a lot of people don’t have the luxury of sitting in a queue all day waiting for a single battleground to pop either so it makes sense to merge the servers and actually spend your time gaming.

3 Likes

Yes please merge these back together. The BG queue times and arena times are horrendous - even on launch day I’m waiting 5 minutes + to vs the same team again. These were in the early games too, not at 2000+
I now have to play 4-6pm to get constant games, anything outside of this is scuffed. There are not enough players, please don’t wait till season 4 to merge back.

2 Likes

+bump
ive sat in queue for AV for a week now since i hit 70, I’m 99% Oce hasn’t even had one pop yet.
Oce pvp has been merged with US on retail and I’ve heard 0 people complain about it after Oce was given dedicated servers, as the playability > 100ms extra ping. Please don’t listen to the vocal minority screaming about their 10ms.

7 Likes

Please merge the Battlegroups again. I personally don’t have time to sit in queue for 1.5 hours a night to play 1 game which could potentially be a loss. There needs to be more games for OCE PVP to stay alive, people will stop playing very quickly if this keeps up.

Ping is such a minor detail in BGs. Surely actually having consistent games pop is more important??

6 Likes

Why do I get the feeling it’s the same person responding to their own forum post on different characters…

Solution for you my friend is if you want those faster queues for higher lag, play US server.

We play Oce for the lower ping because it’s frustrating having every ability on delay.

1 Like

You know what will be more frustrating than a .18 second delay on your abilities in BGs? In 3 months time when there will literally be 1 BG popping every night, no AVs and getting the marks required for gear will take you over a month.

3 Likes