Please merge the OCE battlegroup with NA again

Nah lag trumps queue times

yeah we definitely didnā€™t all want it, OCE players with a brain knew this was going to be a bad idea from the outset. Unfortunately the vocal minority drowned out any dissenting voices.

FWIW at the time, I said:

3 Likes

100% this, tried to queue AV for hours but nothing, if nothing is done about this then canā€™t get PVP gearedā€¦ currently its very frustrating to say the least

2 Likes

People want to be able to actually play battlegrounds. Itā€™s frustrating that we got a taste of what healthy queue times were like to then have it taken away because a few people kicked up a fuss about a ping issue that wasnā€™t even noticeable in battlegrounds.

For those muttering statements like ā€œping>queue timesā€ enjoy your ping when there isnā€™t a single available battleground for you to enjoy. The merger was a positive step towards reintroducing PVP into OCE but as it stands now, the ridiculous and sometimes impossible queue times of battlegrounds makes it unlikely that people will actively try to participate in PVP.

3 Likes

We have zero interest in having lag from OCE, please stay over there on your side.

1 Like

+1 to this

While I can see the argument for low ping, these q times are absurd. At this rate Horde OCE players will not be able to get meaningful pvp gear for WEEKS of playing nonstop (Last night sat a 45 minute EOTS q, 20 minute game, lost and got 233 honour).

I have been surprised at the response as we have been playing with high ping into US for over a decade in Arena/RBGs - for me, not merging us with US would mean the end of any competitive aspect of OCE pvp.

While I would be totally happy with a flat merge with US, I believe the fix that would work best is implementing the priority q system from Retail or a feature to choose if you want to be seeded into US (strictly for BGs, would be abused for Arena in the form of collusion or spam qing into low teams).

2 Likes

edit: nvm US player xDDDD

From what Iā€™ve seen and heard, when a US arena team queues into an OCE team 99% of the time the match is played out on US servers and you guys have the entire advantage

Didnā€™t people complain about potential lag with the merge? I remember people making a huge fuss over it.

Apparently queue times for NA arenā€™t that great eitherā€¦ I really donā€™t think it would help all that much. Besides, the more important issue is the severe lack in honor points we all get. especially from kills. Blizzard needs to increase it. They need to address the honor gains issue.

I was so annoyed at that initial mega-thread asking for the queues to be separated again. Iā€™m still shocked they couldnā€™t understand what would happen.

5 Likes

This is also definitely a very big issue. You do dungeons/heroics and bosses just piss blues all over you in a fraction of the time. Thatā€™s not even factoring in Karaā€™s rate of epic acquisition. Yet pvpers need to grind 10~20 hours per piece of PvP gear. All of which outside of the epic offpieces are complete garbage. And thatā€™s just to START participating in the arena.

2 Likes

hey i think im bugged, i just finished work and im in a 1 hour AB que???

1 Like

BGs during the period we were merged with the US realms were great. Lag isnā€™t anything weā€™re not used to from retail (and a hell of a lot better than the TRUE TBC experience of 400ms).

5 Likes

So what benefit do US players get from this merger because we currently have both good ping and good ques. Sooo please we dont want OCE players and 200 ping.

OCE players play on the US ping if the bg is US hosted, and US will never play on OCE ping. OCE vs OCE is on OCE servers.
Its the same as its implemented in retail already

When it was implemented weeks ago I played on several OCE battlegrounds. Granted I was playing at night but still nonetheless not something I want to be doing.

For arenas it would just be unacceptable and worth it to stop pvping altogether.

Edit : Also ive played sc2 and getting AUS servers is a common occurrence would likely be similar to that for arenas.

Yes you may get OCE players in your battlegrounds, but it will never be OCE hosted, its always US. Meaning if you had high ms in those games you should look at your ISP.

No it was OCE hosted several times

If the BG is majority OCE the US guys did get lag last time if its prime time for us and we have 18/20 OCE the battle is actually hosted on the OCE side and the US guys take the ping hit.

Hell no. Iā€™m not at all interested in playing PvP with or against you guys and your horrible lag.