Please make Amirdrassil big like Teldrassil

I don’t think Amirdrassil will be like Teldrassil,since time will change everything including the tree and people ,they are truly not the same as they use to be now.

…huh? It’s been 4 years.

There was a 3 year time skip between Shadowlands and Dragonflight, and the cutscene we saw this expansion was a flashback of Tyrande bringing it to Merithra back at the end of Shadowlands.

And expansions always encompass a 2 year period, so logically another year has passed since we’ve been in the Dragon Isles, so it’d be 4 years.

Then there’s the fact unlike the other world trees, this one was empowered by Titan-equal beings, and thousands of night elf souls.

2 Likes

You do realize world trees are immune to fire and are indestructible, do you?

I guess us doggos need not apply for membership in your tree, 'eh?

What are you saying? Amirdrassil will be Alliance territory when it is grown to the size of Greenland.

Looks at Teldrassil, Nordrassil, and Valdrassil … uh …

1 Like

Teldrassil being a giant stump was a consequence of technological constraints the game had at Launch. These days, Blizzard doesn’t have that constraint and have evolved the technology of the skybox.

The question is, and remember Blizzard hasn’t confirmed anything, is Amirdrassil supposed to be a zone in and of itself (which Teldrassil was)? The intent of the Tree after Dragonflight will determine its size.

1 Like

A new tree, you say?

3 Likes

Amirdrasill currently

2 Likes

Please plant Amirdrassil in Farmer Yoon’s plot at Halfhill and let players water it/rip out weeds/forget about it.

We could just glue mechagnomes to it. They seem pretty resistant to fire.

1 Like

“Lord Commander Turalyon… A second catapult has hit the second Tree”

That’s something I’ve been wondering about myself. In the ptr from what they’ve shown, the tree is not nearly big enough to be its own zone as of yet. Some people on Twitter have floated the idea that the tree is “still growing” and that, once it’s planted on Azeroth would be much more… “complete”.

Though if i am honest, I’m not expecting it. It’s not just me trying to set my expectations low so I don’t get too disappointed in its size or anything, but ive been thinking about cpmparisons between Nordrassil and Teldrassil in Classic.

Teldrassil’s silhouette didn’t even look like a tree in-game. it was just a big tree stump in the ocean, a big albeit shallow wooden bowl. Amirdrassil does look more like an actual tree but is not nearly large or grand enough to be a wooden bowl.

Im leaning towards this being a stylistic choice rather than the artists failing to meet some colossally high expectations. If Amirdrassil is taking its aesthetic queues from things like Nordrassil, i won’t mind that so much. It’s not the same, no. but it’s not bad either. just different.

I do wish it was larger, though.

Not to be mean, but I’d prefer it if Gnomish engineers were called in to shrink Amirdrassil and its inhabitants to be miniaturized so as to not take up too much space. Thanks.

You’re okay with gutting out half a tree to live in but throw a fit when it’s burned…

Nice try bud, we had like zero warning last time. This time we are prepared, bring your mud hut mentality to my new tree and and ill send you crying back to your cave like the gnolls you are lol

I always wondered, who cut Teldrassil down so that the Night Elves could live on the stump?

1 Like

Due to the limitations of graphics at the time, they couldnt make the full thing visable to the naked eye. Most depictions of teldrassil are a massive tree that reaches towards the stars, and the city of darnassus and its outlying villages were built in the top center of it all

Right, but we know someone cut it down, the top is flat. It was a stump.
A living stump with branches but a stump none the less.

You realize it was grown by druids, so in all likelihood it was just grown that way,