Please let us use new models in Classic

Yes. Because when they were introduced to to retail in 2014 there was an option to toggle them on and off. In 2018 the option was removed. So, I would prefer if history wasn’t given an opportunity to repeat itself here.

3 Likes

No retail models in Classic.

Even Blizzard isn’t stupid enough to suggest this.

2 Likes

Hard no on this request. If Blizzard is going to make a purely cosmetic change to Classic, I would like to see a restoration of the original dark nighttime sky.

4 Likes

They’d probably add it as a paid option in the store.

Amen to that!

Sorry but I do not want you looking at my warrior here with whatever horrendous Retail equivalent to him would be because hot damn the animations and facial hair for human males are terrible.

2 Likes

It does. They say there is no way to make a toggle because of the animations. Spells would have to be changed, including melee moves. There are new sound effects with the animations, including the character noises. Do we have a way to avoid the ninja banshee noises the human female makes? That is absolutely maddening.
You think this is a simple issue, it’s not.

Fine but, I up the ante to the original unarmored mounts as well.

1 Like

P L A I N S R U N N I N G
plus the original dark night sky (and unarmored mounts)
no inky potion will do!

I’m sorry OP but I feel that as much as you like the retail models and animations there are many here in classic that do not and would like both versions of the game to keep some uniqueness to each to keep them distinct. I feel we do not need the retail models/animations here and they can remain solely in retail.

2 Likes

i think they should keep the old models and animations the same but i would like to see higher textures and better graphics higher view distance. same art style and ray tracing aswell

1 Like

Seems pretty reasonable to me :smiley:

I see only ugly models.

2 Likes

I like the retail modern character models/skins and asked about this for awhile now. I’d love to see the option for us to toggle on the newer style (but respect the people that dont want to see it).

Today’s age shouldnt be terrible to allow a toggle of on/off.

Except they already tried toggling. It was before they added new spell effects and animations. There were a lot of complaints about clipping and gear not looking right. After they added the animation changes they said that a toggle wouldn’t work.
All you folks asking for a toggle need to realise that it is not an option.

Yes because it’s either the new models or the old. There is no way to toggle them, so if they were implemented, I’d have to use them.

2 Likes

Ideally it is classic we’re playing and this is how it all started. So sure some items aren’t rounded like they should be but it is how classic is suppose to be.

Yes. :expressionless:

1 Like