Please let us use new models in Classic

Believe the main issue with the original toggle was clipping issues with the old models using newer armor pieces which wouldn’t be the case in classic content.

Imo, classic has retail beat in gameplay, world immersion but retail has classic beat on character customization and visuals. Besides, private servers have been able to use a working toggle for awhile now so there def isn’t a reason blizz doesn’t have the capability to do such.

And if your pro/anti old/new models your opinion is just that. Your opinion. Some people love traditional art, others love contemporary art.

Bring the toggle.

2 Likes

Correct.
So there are things that make each different from the other.
Like graphics.
Let classic have one style and retail another.
Sounds good to me.

/thread

4 Likes

I get you, and I see how people would think that it would change the identity of the game.

I’m not here asking for the HD models as if I can’t live without it, its just that for me at least, it would be something positive if they were to add it as an optional thing, just like the water (that I personally really enjoy), and to be fair, if it was mandatory, I would hate the idea just as you do.

1 Like

In a thread from a week or two ago asking for this same thing, I stated I’d not be necessarily opposed to a toggle as proposed there and in this topic by Baphomet. But if we must have that (I don’t really want it) I would expect that the classic models be the default and anyone wanting the other must search and adjust their settings at least.

I just believe that it’s possible that Blizzard would want to present two distinct options of World of Warcraft and keeping the models/animations different would be part of achieving that.

2 Likes

Blizzard used that description. Thanks, but I’ll take their word on it.
This is the only version of WoW that that is close to the original. The people playing currently like it as it was. You already have a version with these models, go play it. Why must you folks try and change a game that people waited years for and are happy with. First you’ll want the models. Then you won’t like the unmatched gear and insist for transmogrification. You’ll insist to get the barber shop for all of those new looks to change daily.
Good grief, enough is enough.

2 Likes

Because we want something good to be even better, I really don’t get this ultra-conservative mindset, retail’s issues have nothing to do with the graphics or art direction that’s actually the one thing that they’ve been just been getting better and better at over the years, people in 2004 would’ve fallen out of their seat in amazement if WoW had the graphics of current retail. Also if Classic players are so obsessed with a pure “museum” experience then why are there constant demands for Vanilla+ and now soon a hardcore mode coming. Honestly none of the things you mentioned would detract from the Classic experience but enhance it as long these are strictly cosmetic changes you seem to be invoking the slippery slope fallacy with all this but its really apples and oranges.

1 Like

I’ll never understand people that dislike games solely because of its graphics.

I don’t think it’s as simple as “don’t like it don’t use it”, I think that there’s a technical limitation (,or rather it’s too annoying to implement so they aren’t going to say) why they can’t/won’t do it. I can see it being compatability issues with having both graphical options.

Personally idc but for you to say

Seriously, this small thing would make this game infinitely more enjoyable for so many people…

Is honestly funny.

Retail doesn’t let me have old models, so nah.

3 Likes

Yes they do. What are you talking about. Of course in retail WoW that isnt the largest problem, but the game totally lost its character as it “progressed”. Just compare classic warcraft artworks with modern stuff, especially retail wow or hearthstone. The style has completed shifted, so has the game itself.

You praise the modern art direction after Shadowlands, a version of the game where NOTHING even resembled a warcraft look. This also heavily applies to Dragonflight, or some other previous “expansions”.

1 Like

And I already explained that it doesn’t make the game better for the people who are currently playing. You are being selfish trying to change a game we are all happy with. You already have a place to play with these changes. We have no alternative like you do. Where do we go to find what we have now? I don’t want to play on a private server in order to experience what I’m playing now.

1 Like

I wish.

Most everything that has to do with visuals in WoW is local. You can technically enable the new stuff client-side and the game would run perfectly fine. There have been backports and upgrades of visuals for the 3.3.5a client for years now.

That’s where the argument holds water. The only downside is a much larger filesize or pulling the models from the retail client. If this became an option - the size on disk wouldn’t be optional, for anyone. There is a pack that Backports the Legion models for player characters and world assets that is 8gb, almost as large as the game itself.

The water only adds a few Kilobytes but if they allowed you to redo everything that size balloons very quickly.

Ewww grosss, no. Go back to retail.

1 Like

Yeah and it doesn’t make it worse for the people currently playing either since it’s would just be an option your argument doesn’t make any sense.

It may be easier to play retail and get model swap software.

Seems to be what the “somechanges” crowd wants, Vanilla retail :rofl:

We’ve said many times we don’t want gameplay changes but yeah just keep being willfully ignorant about the entire topic.

They won’t even add authentic WotLK features, you expect them to code in something new? LOL, yeah good one!

Oh no. I hate the new models. Blizzard doesn’t do options.

2 Likes

I’d say by the majority of this post, people don’t want :poop: new models in the game.

Sorry! Retail will be there for you

2 Likes

OP cant be serious w this post, Classic troll

2 Likes

Git off my lawn!!!111