Please let me choose covenant

I can see how that would probably be a problem for people like you who are doing harder content, hopefully blizzard makes a system where people that do harder content can easily switch covenant or something.

So many people here saying we should ignore the optimal choice and go based off Aesthetics…

I wonder how many of them are actually picking sub-optimal talents, essences, and azerite abilities just because they look the coolest.

I’m incredibly doubtful.

1 Like

I mean… most abilities don’t really “look” like much.

But when rogue had Death from above you best believe i picked it every time, that ability was awesome.

Going Necrolord all the way. Skull and Bones, Might makes right? Necromancy??? uh hell yea??

Screw the tank nonsense, Did you see the third limb DKs get?? Bruh major Sploosh

I doubt it matters

Most these people would just be world quest heroes

So they then tell everyone to go off Meta and just play the game and have fun whilst at the same time not doing anything in the game

1 Like

Yeah and their plan was to make Azerite fun.

I just want there to be no negatives to the system. Only positives.

Meh. I’m not doing that much. It’s only this patch that I got into doing more stuff like Visions and dipping my toes into Heroic. (I’m only going to start looking for a Guild prior to Pre-Patch)

My hope is that they allow players to unlock all Soulbinds through exploration or puzzles akin to the Hidden Artifact Appearances from Legion. Or Torghast. Who knows, we could just have a random currency drop named something like “Crystallized Anima” which we could then sell to a Broker and get a contract to unlock a Soulbind that functions the same as a Soulbind from the opposite Covenant.

As for abilities, we could just make them like Essences. At the end of my Covenant campaign I unlock access to all Covenant abilities for my class, and allows all of my other characters to swap out theirs as well.

So what will essentially happen is that the initial starting abilities are the important choice, but in the end everything will even out.

The movement/flavor abilities? Meh. They’re fine.

1 Like

No. You either play the way that Blizzard Activison wants you to play or you dont play at all. You do NOT get to play the way that you want to play.

Impossible unless they just gut the whole thing out and make it only cosmetic, which would be a negative to me.

This is more important now than ever before though, because it’s not just a few % difference in a sim; it’s HUGE utility attached to some of the buttons that can be MASSIVE for M+/PVP/Raids

Tethers, shields, shadowsteps, grips, ground zones etc. Some are huge in one content but near useless in another… For anyone who does multiple forms of content, that’s a big slap to the face.

Gaining that currency automatically every 5 or 10 levels in Torghast/mage tower thingy sounds more appealing to me than…random RNG drop. Dive deeper into that tower, and you get more of that currency sorta deal.

But I agree with you with the overall idea.

1 Like

How about you don’t tell people how they should feel about an expansion-defining system that comes with such severe consequences that could lose this game more players? I like that idea better.

We’re all voicing our opinions and views on this for Blizz to decide what they want to do. People need to stop trying to tell others what they should and shouldn’t be concerned about.

4 Likes

I don’t really care if whiners leave, I like the system the way it is.

Cool. Others don’t.

2 Likes

Can’t make everyone happy.

It’s not the worst system, but it leaves something to be desired in terms of flexibility.

1 Like

And I think they may want to consider listening to the widespread complaints about the system. Because not listening to their playerbase was the reason BFA flopped.

3 Likes

Who do you listen to though when you get hit from both sides?

And you can’t say “the majority on the forums” because the forums are ALWAYS majorly negative, they have been since vanilla beta. If you go by the 2004 forums Vanilla was the worst game ever.

Hey, I never said the majority of the forums. I said the majority. Literally just go anywhere. Youtube, MMO-Champion, Wowhead, everybody can see how imbalanced this is.

No one knows the full extent of the system yet so calling it imbalanced is premature.

And still, all those sources are far from a majority. The majority of people only speak up when they DON’T like something.

We’ve seen enough to figure out, again, that there is going to be a clear “best Covenant” for every class. It’s inevitable.

So why is it that the “silent majority” from BFA’s Beta-Alpha, claiming it’s “only Beta” are now calling BFA garbage?

1 Like