Please let me choose covenant

On the plus side of things David, these abilities will barely impact the type of content you’re doing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ew, nty, I like that there is 4 different abilities, unless they give us 4 abilities each covenant to choose from I’m going to give that huge pass.

I like actually having choice in what I do for this.

Reworded to be more accurate.

The skill gap is so insanely wide player skill is what holds people back minor dps gains.

1 Like

That’s not what it’s about, first this is an alt. Second your hiding your profile and flaming me about my prog. I don’t know how you, the rogue, and the monk don’t understand my point. IT’S NOT ABOUT TOP CONTENT.

Its about competing with friends pushing our meters and doing the best WE can.

LMAO Thank you for the correction, not sure what I was thinking :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you think the choice will be removed without a different set of abilities?

Pfft that’s what I’m doing. Venthyr baby. Gimme that vampire aesthetic

1 Like

if all 4 abilities are the same yes, right now they do different things and in a lot of cases interact with your class in a different way

Weird it’s letting me and raiderio and warcraftlogs view it, where do I go to make my profile public?

1 Like

That’s fair, but it’s going to be a disaster if it goes live like this.

Like it or not - just think back to how so many other systems like this have been received.

They could focus on just making classes themselves feel better.

2 Likes

You can’t be sure it’ll be a disaster, we still have no idea how the soulbinds are going to play out. If there’s a lot of parts to each covenant between the soulbinds and the ability it could balance itself out.

The only way I would accept copied abilities is if they give all the covenants the choice of all four, otherwise I hope they don’t touch it.

Oh the forums will riot that’s for sure.

As for in game who knows.

Right now the classic forums are filled with tears but playing in game it’s like a different world. So many chill people just enjoying the game, leveling, questing, doing dungeons.

I’ve said it a 1000 times and I’ll say it again, if you went only by the forums Vanilla was the worst game ever created, and every expansion is the worst thing we’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

Aesthetic and utility/fun factor for me. “Makes you X% more effective at Y” style abilities like plain damage boosters are typically pretty boring.

Going by the forums, the game has been doomed and/or dead so many times that at this point it should be a 50-times-raised undead doomlord.

1 Like

I’d be down for playing a zombie.

1 Like

I’ll do the same, but it will seriously suck if I can’t carry my weight as much as the other Warrior just because he picked Necrolord and I didn’t.

1 Like

Are you a fan of Planescape: Torment? I see clear inspirations from that game. Oribdos is like Sigil. The Kyrians are the angel faction from the Blood War. If you like that game’s lore, Kyrians might be a good bet.

Necrolords are my personal favorite aesthetically.

Night fae are cool and mysterious. They might live up to the exoticness and mysteriousness found in TES III Morrowind or Riven. If that’s your jam, then they might be for you.

Revendreth are cool, but will probably be chosen the most based on aesthetics.

Alt. opinion: wait for all covenant armor sets (e.g. cloth, leather, mail, and plate sets) to be revealed and pick one based on which transmog will look best on your character :slight_smile:

Edit: my point is that this is all that should matter!

I mean, if your skill is perfectly equal it’ll matter but for the most part player skill will much more impact your ranking than one ability.

It’s not just one ability. Soulbinds are also Covenant-bound too.

And if there is enough variance in all of it it’ll even out, that’s their plan as they said it during an interview.

Even if one ability is better the soulbinds may be weaker than the other covenant with the ability that is weaker.