Please keep the class restrictions

I’d equate it more to the DM going, “Wait, please-! Come back, I’ll let you play whatever you want. Uh, here-- <scribbles a note that says ‘Lightforged Warlock = Yes’.> New lore for your character.”
and another player going “:neutral_face: So there are no actual rules for this universe? got it.”

3 Likes

At this point, it is safer to ask for class restricted “lore” servers and save your money until they do. Vote with your wallet in other words. They are not listening to us at all.

You want class restricted servers, WoW Classic is that way :point_right:

People here acting like they don’t want the lore to evolve…

2 Likes

Yes because i want to play a totally different game then retail or replay what i already played.

I give this a 0/10

1 Like

Classic WoW and Retail WoW are both the same game, just on different timelines. Both are World of Warcraft!

2 Likes

Stopping you here. They are not, they have a different feel to them. One is more rpg then the other.

On top of that i already told you i have been there, done that. I am not going to replay it when the sensable answer is already here; we already have specialized severs for rp and previously pvp. It makes sense to create servers that caters to lore players with class restrictions and other servers for sand box players. It’s better to do that then continue to ignore everyone.

At least you got good taste

1 Like

Just like Dragonflight and Shadowlands are now different games because they have different feels to them.

Role-playing servers are just normal servers with less rules restrictions to be designed for Roleplaying.

PVP Servers were just servers designed for opened world PVP before switching to Warmode.

They aren’t going to be creating servers to make it completely different because of a couple of salty people don’t want the lore to evolve so the game can actually move forward.

How about this idea:

If you don’t like the idea of a certain race being able to be a class, don’t roll one then!

Does that sound better?

2 Likes

Good bait, but you’re wrong.

Not to the point that classes literal functions differently.

More rule restrictions actually.

Pvp servers was servers where you could not opt out of pvp before they where removed.

Cool. Then the best thing we can do is take our money elsewhere and watch this game die out.

Not a valid arguement since we will be forced to play/see them enough to break immersion. Please try again.

More like 3 of the other players from that table stand up and walk away for that dm to cater to that one player.

1 Like

We’ve been surrounded by cyborg wizards riding unicorns and werewolves in top hats shooting lasers at zombies doing kung-fu for years, and you’re worried about immersion now?

1 Like

New to the fantasy genre aren’t you? Even in fantasy there must be rules in the story universe, otherwise yeah it would be chaotic like you make it sound.

I mean lore is just part of the story. There no reason the story can’t involve these kind of changes, which become lore.

I think people just hold too hard to the past, not realizing life involves change and moving forward through time.

Beyond Lightforged Warlocks being just weird, I don’t see this as such a big deal. Being a Warlock means being a magic user and as far as I can tell, magic of all forms is a learned skill in Azeroth. Certain characters like Khadgar and Jaina have a powerful affinity for their chosen vocation and that elevates them above the rank and file but by and large, any chancer can grab a tome and start learning.

So beyond the actual will to do it, I don’t see what’s stopping nearly all of those races (again I can’t wrap my head around LF Warlock, its weird) from going “You know what? I’m gonna learn to set people’s souls on fire and summon demons this weekend”.

You clearly did not start playing till post Legion then, because Mag’har literally since BC and even before then were maghar known to be of the uncorrupted, and dont even get me started on the Draenei and Nightelves, and almost equally as worse as maghar is Lightforged Draenei, there literal biography on the character screen says they were made to fight evil, a creature reborn through holy light summoning dark shadow bolts, curses, summon demons they sworn to destroy will seriously kills whats left of immersion in this game.

6 Likes

Your lack of creativity is what’s killing YOUR immersion.

2 Likes

People still play this game for lore? Still? Thats a joke right? The lore died after Wrath.

Considering the LFR post in the same forum.

Yes, yes they do.

Go play classic or wrath. You can have your antiquated class restrictions there and people can now enjoy what race/class combo they want in DF.

Are you ignoring that we originally tried to kill Illidan and he was exiled for 10,000 years for his decisions?

Anyway, it’s all a moot point. Blizz is breaking the lore. They don’t care about the franchise. Not sure why any of us should either.