Please keep the class restrictions

They can exist then on the horde : P. Joking aside. If night elves can except demonhunters. I don’t see much difference with warlocks.

Maybe you can interested night elves went under that guys tutelage. It’s not the first time races taught others to be other classes. It happens all the time in wow lore. Pandarens taught everyone to be warlocks. They hate satyrs in Darnassus. But if they got taught by a human and had different morals then that could be different because they are used to having warlocks in the alliance military as allies already.

Note that as a war leader they would have different views for their army and their civilians. We aren’t’ civilians we are soldiers so different ethics apply to soldiers. Exceptions are often made in history for special units/soldiers/ people of power.

Tell me that you don’t know the lore of the Lightforged without telling me.

Your ignorance on full display. How are you not embarrassed? My man doesn’t even know what Mag’har means. Is this what brain usage looks like? Giant yikes.

1 Like

K :person_shrugging: Keep being salty

I never listened to it in the first place so i don’t care.

K. Keep living in ignorance :laughing:

To be fair, it’s a bit silly to assume all goblins are the same.

I don’t think “nature” would be racist like that. Even if other goblins have polluted and cut down trees and what have you, but your player character goblin never approved of that, left his people and sought out nature as a good soul with a wise and loving heart… maybe they even want to undo some of the damage they have seen their people do… why would nature reject them?

It’s similar to how a lightforged draenei could tire of the teachings, loose faith and go rogue, seeking the power of demons to fight demons. Maybe after watching a loved one die she decided you have to fight fire with fire.

This is the RP in RPG. Sky’s the limit. :upside_down_face:

Super late reply since I don’t check these forums much but there’s a pretty key difference
in tabletop, you can talk to the ST/DM, work out what does and doesn’t make sense, and moreover, re-fluff things with ease without needing to make “assets” to go with it

That and systems like DnD give you more way more options to fit into a niche. Warlocks aren’t just shadow and hellfire. You can have pacts from the fey, from celestials, from liches. You can say that your summoned demons are with holy chains of light binding them, forcing them into penance, and fluff your fire spells as being golden holy fire instead of hellish flames. Your creativity actually matters in that sphere, but not in a MMORPG where such things simply don’t exist.

If your DM said “To be this race, your character willingly underwent a ritual to become one with the Light. Dark magic is anathema to you and thus you cannot use a Fiend-pact Warlock with this race choice” and you went “Okay. I pick that, as a Fiend Warlock, because my guy thinks the Light is kinda dumb”, you’d be the problem player at the table because you lack respect for what the DM created.

Both sides are the problem here. The player for intentionally going against the DM’s rules, and the DM for railroading an entire race. Even Aasimar can do evil or dark deeds, and they’re literally of celestial descent.

The more proper analogy in WoW’s case is the DM going ‘OK, sure, we’ll work out a way for this to happen for you’ and another player at the table pushing up their glasses, sneering and saying “UM, ACTUALLY, you CAN’T do that.”

At this point it doesn’t matter and with the introduction of the Primalists it pretty much opens the door to anything.

Also established lore should not mean that nothing changes.

1 Like

Just be glad some classes aren’t gender-locked like some MMORPGs from Korea/China.

They don’t care… they’re doing what they can to maximize the $$$ before it goes into maintenance mode.

2 Likes

I remember the full-on fury FFXIV faced for trying to pull Mithra and Galka restrictions again, and then with Viera and Hrothgar.

What? You don’t like Orc Priests? :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Please explain how

1 Like

You do know demon hunters were hunted down and imprisoned, right? That was kinda the whole point of Illidan and Maiev’s story in WC3.

They were begrudgingly tolerated as an act of desperation during Legion. They have not ever come anywhere near being “accepted.”

1 Like

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

I’ve heard this before…oh yeah, with DKs.

Death Knights had undeath forced upon them.

Demon Hunters chose.