Please keep the class restrictions

I don’t see what difference it would make and we really don’t know what “classes” were accepted back. The Shen’dralar were not just made up of mages.

So do you really think Tyrande stood at the entrance of Darn and said “mages only?” They all stole power from the demon. They all were guilty of being de facto warlocks.

Most leaders still don’t allow Warlocks to be within there society. Humans is a big example on this one, as the Warlocks weren’t even permitted in Stormwind. But they continued to do so by setting up in a basement of an inn in the Mage District.

1 Like

Essently she probably DID do that. At that time her people had got used to see mages in the form of their new allies but warlocks’ reek of fel, just as the demonhunters are. So nightelf mages became allowed again but NOT the warlocks. IF we want warlocks popping up where they didn’t use to be then I would point HARD to the fall of the Burning Legion. And considering what I have seen at the Battle of Suramar I noted that Tyrande DO hold grudges like, well she pushed the Nightborn into the Horde because she STILL had not forgiven Thalryssa for whatever disagreement they used to have. And she referred to aiding Nightborn refugees in the context of reducing Allience losses not their need for aid, Unlike Lady Liadrin that actually cared for them. Thalryssa showed no sign of any such attitudes to other people. No racist comments to my troll, or various Alliance characters, including nightelves.

So yes, Tyrande would definitely refuse entrance for nightelven warlocks. She is vindictive that way. Now however her people no longer have a Capitol and if one of her people where to sneak into the Slaughtered Lamb and ask to sign up, there is nothing she would be able to do about it.

Challenging? What’s challenging about not being able to play a class on a certain race? You just pick another race to play it on. Difference is, if every class was available to every race, the choices would be wider and more fun.

I’m all for fun. It’s why I play an online game.

The only reason she “refused” them is nelf warlocks weren’t available yet.

Since the nelf starter zone is time locked to Cata, the lore will be she did not refuse them.

When do we get void elf Paladins? :innocent:

You still cannot roll a nightelf warlock. Those trainers are there for visitors. Notice how that warlock trainer is a human? Perhaps an Gilnean human (worgen) but still a human. You need to go post Teldrassil burning and post Burning Legion defeat to get to a point where nightelf warlocks could perhaps be possible. And if so, they would still not be popular among the nightelven people.

Nope, they’re worgen.

Yes but this goes against the whole:

Obviously they don’t smell that bad.

Well my point was never that they would popular, it’s that Tyrande made a decision to accept them.

And I’m not sure how the burning of Darn has anything to do with Warlocks. Yes that was tragic but Sylvanas and her boyfriend are Dark Rangers…

The warlock order helped defeat the Legion.

So I’m not sure what that’s supposed to prove.

And I pointed at Tyrandas vindictive nature and how the warlocks that train at those warlock trainers are not nightelf warlocks. Now however with the loss off the powerbase of a Capitol the situation has changed. It no longer matters what Tyrande think of warlocks, she is no longer in a position to refuse nightelves to join. This is about old lore, events that update this lore (not retconning) and a specific individual that hates warlocks and among her people and only begrudgingly accepted mages again.

What I want is to not just change things and forgetting to update the lore for WHY. So fine, add nightelven warlocks but we need a lore reason for why and they should be disliked. Even the human warlocks hide in the Slaughtered Lamb and the bloodelf ones do something similar staying in their district of Silvermoon. If the lore was as it was meant to a warlock entering a city with their pet out would be attacked by the guards but that wouldn’t work well in an MMO so that was ascrapped.

The night elf starter zone is timelocked to Cataclysm.

That ridiculous argument is the same that implies: it has to be super difficult/ ultra long grind to unlock Allied Races.

You can’t just … pay for a game and then just… LET THEM PLAY IT!

My gf absolutely wanted to play a Vulpera, and once she saw what it took to unlock them she was like “newp. Not even gonna bother.”

You know how many people are going to quit over Draenai Warlocks?

ZERO

If you don’t like “class-restricted” combos… don’t make one. It’s that simple.

I know that it is, but it shouldn’t be and there are a new alternate starting zone involving a shipwreck on an island. You do not need to play that starting zone.

But you don’t understand, if they don’t lore- and tone-police the game, who will possibly understand that the Tauren culture is typically that of spiritual warriors? Who would possibly grasp that Orcish culture might value strength and honor? Who would grok that Human culture is militant and pious?

No one would possibly understand any of the cultures if every single member of them weren’t complete stereotypes!

3 Likes

If gnomes, vulpera and goblins can be warriors (strength), then anyone can be anything.

Coming from a few rp realms no warlock hides lol. Some havr their dsmons out in full display. But thats the great part of being a rper; you come up with that reason on your own.

For a night elf warlock it could be aboit redeeming yourself and using what was reviled into something to help your foes. The ends justify the means.

<3 you for that, Stranger. :slight_smile:

No thank you, it would not have been in an issue if they would have expanded the race options. A few honorable mentions would be Vulpera being druids, any race other than elves for DH, etc. They threw out lore a long time ago and this can no longer be an excuse to prevent fun.

Race/faction changes and boosts aren’t lore. Nelf warlocks are still coming from Darn even if they start in Exile’s Reach.

You can’t apply what went on with the nelves after Cata as to why Tyrande would hold a grudge against warlocks. And yes Darn and other starter zones should be locked to Cata so people can see what happened during that xpac. Cata was based on the old zones.

But when it comes to Tyrande and warlocks, the facts break down to this:

1.) The Alliance has warlocks.
2.) The Champion of Azeroth could be a warlock and she trusts and relies on the Alliance version of the Champion.
3.) She already accepted warlocks into her home. Gilnaens are not “visitors.” They are residents of Darn.
4.) She accepted group of nelves that have been siphoning fel from a demon for thousands of years. No matter what class they are, they are de facto warlocks. They were using fel magic for their own selfish means (to feed their addiction.)

It is not outrageous to think that a society that fed off of and lived with demons for thousands of years had warlocks in their ranks. It’s also not outrageous to say that some of the elves kicked out of Dire Maul were warlocks. For game play reasons it was just mages as an excuse for the race/class combo but we know from being inside Dire Maul that the Shen’dralar had warriors, rogues, hunters and warlocks too.

2 Likes

Convenient that you choose Nelf to make a silly point and not the Mag’har or both Draenei. Giant yikes.

Okay, what’s stopping any of them from becoming a warlock? Imagine not using just a fraction of your brain, GiAnT yIkEs.