Please keep the class restrictions

Yeah just head on over to the barber shop and try it out.*

*If you have a druid and if you did the questline.

1 Like

This was another race homogenization that wasn’t great.

3 Likes

I have never actually played a druid. My interest for transforming into an animal end with the shaman’s travel form.

I’m sure you’ll get nelf shamans soon.

1 Like

Not getting to play an entire spec is, uh, kind of detrimental to a race’s appeal. Kind of an acceptable break from reality here.

1 Like

Most likely but I doubt I am going to race change my troll.

1 Like

Good. Trolls are cool.

2 Likes

What lore is stopping a Night Elf from learning the ways of a Warlock? Is it something in their DNA that prevents them?

4 Likes

Actually, if one truly knows nelf lore from Cata, warlocks make perfect sense.

2 Likes

And going against NElf culture and beliefs has always been a thing with NElfs. Everyone’s favorite “I AM MUH SCARS” went against the norm but nah Warlocks is where we draw the line.

2 Likes

The lore of nightelven culture, not their DNA. Nightelven warlocks would work just fine but lorewise, they be shunned, way more than mages used to be.

The line is getting drawn because people have mistaken ‘being a one-note trope’ with ‘good character attributes’.

Assembly-line Dwarf that loves ale, has a scottish accent, a thick beard and wields a warhammer = Brilliant Character.
An individual Dwarf that eschews clan and family for their own pursuits, keeps themselves clean-shaven, and either suppresses or entirely lacks their accent = Lore-breaking, awful character

Right…kind of like Demon Hunters?

2 Likes

But like I said, if you know the nelf lore from Cata, they wouldn’t be shunned. Tyrande let them through the front door.

1 Like

They don’t have a front door anymore.

2 Likes

2 Likes

And reuniting with these people are why nightelf mages are tolerated but they draw the line at warlocks. But I suspect that by now, most nigtelf mages are young people not as stuck into traditions and see no moral qualms about taking a boatride to Stormwind and sign up the mage tower. THere could also be the old ancient ones that have forced themselves not to practice the art for a while. I dunno about you but I would probably be a bit rusty reviving a skill that has been unused for 10000 years.

The Shen’dralar spent thousands of years stealing power from that demon dog. I refuse to believe that none of them were warlocks :rofl:

2 Likes

Exactly, and even worse since even the demonhunters dislike warlocks as well but they WILL work with them if need be.

Of course, the Shen’dralar had warlocks, but they were hardly welcome back in Darnassus.

1 Like