Please just remove deserter

I got tired of scrolling up after this so you can go through the rest on your own time. Or don’t.

3 Likes

its a flawed system that people abuse maliciously. No one should be getting a deserter debuff because a couple people decide they no longer want to be grouped up with someone. the removal is enough of a punishment and any excuse about “holding players hostage” as if someone can legitimately prevent you from simply dropping group at any time.

2 Likes

This is similar to loot threads where someone will say, “Hey, I personally never roll need on anything I don’t need, but I think anyone who participates in the fight deserves to roll,” and someone pounces with, “You’re so toxic, you think people should just steal loot!!1!”

1 Like

Irony. And hey, what I said was an observation. You are a forum regular here who likes to gate keep and often punch down on people down on their luck.

Calling someone “weird,” on the other hand, is a personal attack, actually.

1 Like

Except this isn’t a widespread problem. These odd types of kicks are few and far between. If this were a systemic issue, Blizz wouldn’t be making statements like they do about it working as intended.

LOL pretty much.

Ok, I see your point. Those are replies later in the thread - what I read, at least, was civil. But honestly, going back and forth with people like Sendryn, I can see why he got fed up eventually. This is their MO, make people fed up enough to resort to toxicity so that the antagonizer can cry victim and call the OP toxic to discredit them.

God forbid should anyone give factual information and explain logic!

Just put me on ignore and stop trash talking.

Edit: oh nevermind. I know exactly who you are and why this craziness came out. You’re done. Goodbye.

Factual points were made that you ignored, such as the vote kick box not being a good representation of majority rule due to the nature of RDF. You only talk about facts that fit your narrative, like that blue post, without showing any nuance on the subject whatsoever. Like the fact that the blue post referencing those changes happened YEARS ago.

Why, am I starting to make too much sense?

So facts and nuance are crazy talk to you? I’m not surprised. So who am I? This should be good.

I mean, it’s a pretty harmless thing to use. Would I have kicked you? Probably not. Would I have been slightly annoyed that it was wasted in a rapid-fire fashion to take out some trash? Absolutely. But I would have voiced my annoyance to myself outside of the game and moved on to help complete the dungeon and that would have been the end of it. Nothing worth getting upset over.

1 Like

I look at this and laugh. As if blizzard making a statement “working as intended” because they dont want to fix a problem. Well until people start leaving the game en masse anyways. Then they scramble to fix just enough to get people to resub. You have no statistical basis to make such a hard statement that it “isnt a widespread problem”.

This thread is like watching a car crash - horrible screeching, bodies flailing everywhere and although I wanted to look away from the carnage I simply couldn’t.

1 Like

You are massively overstating how big of a problem this is for anyone.

2 Likes

From the very rare and few posts around here and in CS, we can extrapolate that. CS would have said they’re looking into it if it were a huge problem. It really isn’t.

And if someone is constantly getting kicked… that doesn’t sound like an issue with others.

Will people kick for the weirdest or dumbest reasons like what happened to OP? Sure. Does it happen so often we need to screw up the entire system by changing it? Not that we’ve seen.

This whole thing reminds me of a person yesterday who hated Dragonriding without really doing anything with it and demanded a fundamental change to the game itself to suit their needs.

4 Likes

simply because people know blizzard will do nothing to fix the issue. why complain to the management if you know the management will ignore it. eventually people will stop voicing their concerns. doesnt mean the problem magically disappeared.

1 Like

LOL… I think I missed thatone. And I mean, I get it. It sucks to be kicked. But it’s absolutely the lesser of two evils.

1 Like

Actually, situations like this are so rare I’m starting to wonder if there’s more to the story than what OP is telling us

1 Like

You’re not from around the forums are you?

Look, I am absolutely a cynic when it comes to a lot of things with Blizz. But the entire LFG system isn’t being ignored.

I had an experience earlier where I was kicked for no discernible reason whatsoever. I think maybe it was because I was a Havoc DH and they didn’t like me going all over the place? (just as the nature of being Havoc DH, not pulling extra or anything) That’s the only reason I can think of