Please help. GMs are being incredibly vague and unhelpful

I was given a 8 day suspension for PVP Non-participation/Exploitation.

I am a filthy casual especially when it comes to PVP, never having broke rank 8 on this warrior in all of classic, nor have I even queued for more than 20k honor in any given week since the AV meta of p2/3. I am desperately begging for a detailed outline of the actions that resulted in my suspension. I’ve seen many peoples tickets that provide a recap of the offense. I’d like the same. This is my first time ever being suspended by Blizzard and I’d love to be sure it’s my last.

Thank you in advance.

Very rarely do people get an itemized list of their offenses. You would have received an e-mail, which is where I’m assuming you’re getting the "PvP Non-Participation/Exploitation from. That can cover quite a bit of ground. Whether not following the objectives in the group, AFKing, outright cheating - it could be any of these things and more. But Blizzard will rarely spell it out as it gives people room to armchair-lawyer their way out of things.

8 Likes

That’s not something that they’re going to provide you. PVP non-participation means that there is a history on your account of being reported AFK by your fellow players and you not clearing that afk flag by getting into combat.

12 Likes

You admitted yesterday that you entered a BG and went AFK.

6 Likes

Yeah I did. Nothing to hide. Certainly not doing anything to jeopardize my guild-given bis gear. If zoning in to AV to buy my arrows (I forgot you can buy them outside of BG) got me this suspension then by god I am never queuing again. This is pretty extreme action and quite a broad offense label to put on someone without any justification.

1 Like

Excpt for the whole afk’ing thing…

12 Likes

Okay so you are saying that they literally include an /afk feature so you can leave a battleground without wasting a slot for the team, just to ban people for using it?

Good call!

You AFK’d out, people reported you for it. Your reasoning given says Non-Participation. I don’t know why they need to be any clearer than that. Retail, you may not have gotten so harsh a punishment on the first offense, but that is the beast you accept when you play Classic and people live and die by their ratings and you jeopardized that by being dead weight.

6 Likes

If he /afk’d like he claims, that wouldnt be possible

1 Like

Sorry. Waking up over here and words are hard. They were not with the group and doing their own thing. It is still non-participation, no matter which way it goes since they are admitting they were only there to buy arrows. Whether they really were fully AFK or however it worked, it all amounts to the same.

4 Likes

Guess I am going to just start streaming on twitch so I have VODs of my gameplay at all times. I am absolutely certain that if I put my BG activity up for all to see, the feedback on this thread would be drastically different. There were literally 3 people doing the same exact thing (engaging vendors in Dun Baldar, not engaging in PVP objectives) I was, in the AV I mentioned (again, not even sure this is the BG in question, but it’s the only one that I can think of where I’d done something to be reported for) - not that the actions of others bear weight on my situation directly - but it certainly gives me a sense of entitlement to SOME indication as to what specific action I’m being punished for.

Your stream doesn’t really mean jack if you’re in the wrong. Blizzard will never use it for evidence or anything of the sort. The only thing they use are their logs. No videos, no screenshots, no BFF testimonials.

The rules are pretty easy to follow, and they’re posted in several locations that are easy to find with minimal effort. Player responsibility is a thing, not knowing something does not mean that you’re able to skirt by. And if you think other people are in the wrong? Report them. They’re subject to the same bindings and rules that you are. Just because you’re not knowing that they were sanctioned too, does not mean that they’re not. Or that their investigations are still ongoing.

6 Likes

Please, oh blue posting overlords, lay out my transgressions before my peers and embarass me. I beg you!

I don’t really care what you did or didn’t do. I don’t particularly appreciate your attitude when people are trying to give you the clarification you’re asking, but such is the way of things when people want to act churlish.

You’ve been given valid responses from us folks who hang out here long enough to have some insight on these things. You are not guaranteed a post from our SFAs, as this forum is one for players to assist other players. There are also no GMs here, so what information you’ve been given through your e-mail and your tickets is likely all you’ll be receiving on the official front of things.

6 Likes

Please don’t try to paint me as “churlish” whatever that means. I am worked up over my first ever suspension, and if you are offended, you can stop replying - I bear no mal intent with my replies.

There are also no GMs here, so what information you’ve been given through your e-mail and your tickets is likely all you’ll be receiving on the official front of things.

Except there are literally threads below this one with blue post replies as recent as 3h ago acknowledging a player’s situation and their suspension.

Hope you have a great day.

Those are not Game Masters, they are SFAs, way different.

7 Likes

TIL.

I’ll take whatever I can get.

I mean mechanically it’s not possible to report someone because they typed /afk to leave a BG like he claims. Once you type /afk you’re out of the BG and other than opening a ticket you can only report by right-clicking

1 Like

I’m honestly at a loss for what exactly you’re still needing. Repetition of what you’ve already been told? Some explanation why you think others got away with something you did not? You’re not going to get a different response, even if one of our SFAs chimed in. You’re not going to be able to argue your case, not here and not through tickets with a GM. You are welcome to appeal your case through another ticket, but that only means it’s a fresh pair of eyes looking everything over. It’s not for you to testify or try to validate what you were doing.

I am aware of that, which is why I corrected myself above. He was still not participating in the BG itself, by his own admission.