Please help. GMs are being incredibly vague and unhelpful

At this point I don’t care about getting suspension overturned or “fighting my case” - I just want to know what it is they are claiming I did that was actionable.

You are clearly wound up by my post, so please, take yourself elsewhere.

I mean. I dont think its what he thinks it is but I wouldnt mind clarification. If typing /afk to leave a BG is in fact grounds for a suspension I think that’s worth knowing because its pretty commonly utilized by people for quick ports etc.

But again, I dont think that’s why he got suspended. I imagine theres more to it

Blizzard isn’t into the habit of giving details more then what’s given already. More to the point, the Blues here ain’t really give such as getting action for this kind of thing isn’t a first thing they do.

1 Like

Public post, anyone can post who has an account in good standing. I’m actually quite far from unwound, I’m just honestly trying to grasp why you’re being so obstinate when you’ve been given ample responses.

You’re quite hung up on the /afk command, where I don’t think it has any bearing in this issue as it is. And I don’t believe it’s a suspendable offense, since it does remove you from the BG itself, rather than just chilling and not taking part IS reportable.

5 Likes

They’ve already told you what you were actioned for, PVP non-participation.

Your only option really is to appeal it if you believe that you were indeed participating in the battlegrounds you were in. You can put in an appeal here:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/1609/solution

6 Likes

I realize expecting a personal reply from a blue post is on the lofty side of things, but doesn’t it seem a bit counterproductive to have tickets get bounced around/resubmitted when they could very easily just shut someone down with “You /afk’d out of a bg, nerd. Get over it and play the match or don’t enter a bg” and close the ticket.

You’re quite hung up on the /afk command, where I don’t think it has any bearing in this issue as it is. And I don’t believe it’s a suspendable offense, since it does remove you from the BG itself, rather than just chilling and not taking part IS reportable.

I totally get it if I was “chilling” long enough to be reported, I don’t have the exact duration off hand but I can tell you I was out of the bg before anyone made it to the first NPC objectives. Like under 2 minutes in and out.

Regardless of your motivation the fact is you went afk in a bg. Someone reported you. The report checked out. You got dinged.

System working as designed.

I’d buy what you’re selling if I was a serial offender. Since late phase 3 I have queued for easily under 25 bgs and never been actioned before. I can’t fathom a 8 day suspension for first time account action.

I dont think you’re following… He’s claiming that’s literally what he did. He’s not saying he was afk in a BG. He’s saying he went in the BG and typed /afk and that’s why he thinks hes getting suspended

No one ever said it was. The OP claims that’s what he got suspended for, but it’s not. They entered a BG, did not participate (which is referred to as “AFKing”, perhaps incorrectly), then when they got done, apparently typed /afk to leave the BG.

The actionable offense is the non-participation, not using the /afk command.

I know you don’t spend as much time here as myself or the other regulars, so you might have to just trust us on this: “shutting someone down” in this manner is not easy, no would it ever bring any kind of closure to the situation.

There is no minimum. If you are reported AFK in the first 5 seconds (after the BG starts, of course), then you need to get into combat.

The problem with this is you are taking a spot from another person, and placing that team at a disadvantage. For “two minutes”, the team was down a player, but overall, once you left, a replacement was found, and they caught up to the team? It was nearly five minutes being down a man, and that matters.

5 Likes

I don’t think you’re understanding; it doesn’t matter what the OP said, Blizzard found them breaking the rules and action them as their rules said to do such. What the OP say is meaningless as they can say anything under the sun.

6 Likes

That is what he claimed in a different thread yesterday. He went into a bg, bought some arrows and “went afk.”

“went afk” - why do you say that, I literally said I /afk’d out. Two different things. More coffee for you!

If he was in and out in 2 minutes like he claims, that wouldnt be non-participation. So either he was afk for longer than he claims or typing /afk is actionable

There really isn’t anything much more we can tell your, Batyr. Folks make the mistake of thinking when this happens it’s because of what happened at that moment. That is rarely the case, actually.

This was cumulative, over a week. And yes, for non-participation.

20 Likes

See there we go. And thank you

Urp… I confused you with the OP. Apologies. I’ll edit my earlier replies to note my mistake.

Yeah, I think I’ll take that advice.

I guess I am going to have to just trust, indeed.

I am not trying to make anyone angry here or pull wool over anyone’s eyes.

I know you don’t spend as much time here as myself or the other regulars, so you might have to just trust us on this: “shutting someone down” in this manner is not easy, no would it ever bring any kind of closure to the situation.

I appreciate your reply (and everyone elses by the way, it does mean a lot) - but I wonder if you misunderstood what I meant. I meant like when a child goes to their mom with red stained lips and say “I swear mommy I didn’t go eat the cherry popsicles in the freezer” and they go “I can see the red stains on your lips, Jimmy, nice try.”

I don’t see how that is difficult for Blizzard to do here. They took action based off something I did - why can’t they hold steadfast in their findings and lay it out to me?

Depends on whether you believe his claim, which you shouldn’t. But even so, yes, that is non-participation. Once the BG starts, you can be reported for being AFK. If you do not clear the debuff, you are removed. If this is a pattern, account actions will follow.

1 Like

You were afking over the course of a week. That’s clearly not in line with what you claimed. Seems like you got your answer