Please give Twinks their own bracket in BGs and get them out of normal BGs

Tooltip says 33, but it still gives 100. Check your STR/AP stats during a proc.

You’re right.

Hmm. Well at least I have a chance against mages and druids. Sometimes.

I wont defend it. It should probably scale back.

19 warriors have been nerfed down a lot over the years, and other classes have been buffed up. I’ve been salty ever since I lost hamstring and hunters got disengage in this bracket.

I don’t really consider playing a warrior below 39 cause you get double time, hamstring and piercing howl all in that bracket. Not to mention enrage regen. and lvl 26 heroic leap. At 19 I feel like I’d get kited all day long and need more team support.

That’s strange.

We keep being told that twinking is super popular and that the majority of the community likes it.

Are you saying that a queue that didn’t allow twinks to stomp random levelers would die out if they couldn’t farm easy wins and kills?

That sounds like a community that Blizzard shouldn’t be enabling in the first place.

3 Likes

I was doing some random battlegrounds on an alt I’ve been leveling exclusively in BG’s and seen a few characters in different brackets with crazy damage and stats. There was a Disc Priest that had 3x’s the HP of the highest person and was literally killing people before Penance channel cast would end. I inspected them, and they had enchanted items that I tried to do afterward and no dice; wasn’t possible (or available.

Not sure if grandfathered in or there is some way to cheat the system. I remember hearing about different methods over the years to game the system to get nutty gear/stats as you played as a twink. Now what gets me, I thought it they have XP turned off they are forced into a queue with only other players who have XP turned off.

Oh the other thing that I found hilarious, if you inspected their armory they didn’t have a single piece of gear equipped. Makes sense if you’re doing something that will tip off other players.

1 Like

The only real issue I have with it, people see these twinks and drop group and sometimes you get 3-5 dropping in a short time and it takes 1/2 the BG to finally get back up to a full group. That’s more annoying than twinking as I’ve won some BGs against potential 5 man of twinks as they didn’t care to win but focused on 1-2 shotting people.

1 Like

Which bracket was this?

If you think they are using some kind of exploit then you should open a ticket to report them. There has been bugs that made it so people could get very high ilvl gear on low level characters. Most of that gear was removed but not everyone has been caught yet.

I’ve seen someone in the 69’s bracket that had a few pieces of 180 ilvl gear. For context lvl 69 dungeon blues are 78 ilvl and heirloom are 84 ilvl. A lot of people know about the 340 ilvl gear abuse thing that was happening for a while until Blizzard cracked down on it. Report them and move on.

This is true. The power level twinks have over levelers isn’t that big but levelers get discouraged quick and will just bail. Also twinks tend to be actually quite good at pvp while in general the average person leveling through BGs really isn’t. I have seen some bad performing twinks though that I suppose were just trying to be carried by gear. Those are the people that get criticized the most and by fellow twinks as well ;S

I’ve lost games to levelers. A few games have had horde levelers that were honestly really great at playing the objectives, working together, and pvp In general (Alliance levelers in those games sucked but eh it goes both ways). Healer balance can play a bigger role than whether one side has 2-3 twinks. Even a full premade can be overcome. it’s not always a GY stomp but some games are. I suppose I’ve thrown a game or two just to farm kills and do some road fighting. I don’t mind losing some games if I’m having fun and I try to make the best of an unrecoverable loss.

Its the same thing over and over from these guys. No twinks do not want xpoff separate ques. No i am not there to steam roll levelers. Im there to pvp against people that que’d up to pvp. Its not my fault they come in wearing gear they got 10 levels ago. Also as you say BGs were better without twinks, I say bgs were better before xp was allowed. People qued all the time never complained about not getting xp. Remember this was our playground first till we got kicked out the sandbox, we gave xpoff separate ques a chance, but it kills the whole thing because you lack new players to get interested in twinking. Games dont pop all the time in that type of system. You need us and we need you its true. You may not like it, but twinks make pvp in bgs about being prepared properly and not a place to mindlessly level. Its not meant for a either or system of “level in quests to max or bg to max level”. If you want to BG you know you are going to be fighting players. Make a real character to fight, BGs were never meant to be full of all players in scrub gear and thats what you guys really want.

6 Likes

You learn quickly to run up to enemies rather than to mindlessly charge in to them.

1 Like

The shoulder and leg enchants need to be put on by a higher level toon, but they’re all scaled back. No more nethercleft 40 stam days

1 Like

" No i am not there to steam roll levelers. Im there to pvp against people that que’d up to pvp. Its not my fault they come in wearing gear they got 10 levels ago."

Pretty much this.

People need to stop trying to put a concrete motive behind us. I don’t like going up against an all twink team, and I don’t like going up against a completely no twink team.

I saw a hunter leave BGs yesterday because several times I was all over them. Sorry that you’re a keyboard turner and don’t know how and when to use disengage?

its allowed because blizzard doesnt want to lose us. if you are not willing to put the time in to gear then you will level out of the bracket rather than quit over losing to a geared player

if they separated the queues i would quit though, im not buying the garbage known as bfa or waiting an hour for bgs

The 110 and 111-119 bracket disagree with you.

At lower levels it’s not that bad, but people literally do all the bfa quests without leveling just to have 300 ilvl in the 110 or 111-119 bracket.

I got one shot by starsurge at 110. That’s not competitive. There’s no being better than someone with 110k health at 119 when most new 120s don’t even have that.

I don’t mind twinks or the process, but it literally sways who wins in the 110 or 111-119 brackets. I’ve leveled through bgs on multiple toons and it’s fine up until then.

3 Likes

110 is a bracket which merges two expansions, historically the newest expansion usually dominates this pre end game bracket.
111-119 has some questionably exceptionally high ilvls which were obtained through the anniversary event.
Last year I do recall the Staves from the same event were originally over tuned.
The 60 req scaled Staff had intellect which was on par with (80? req) BOA Staff.
This was fixed shortly after the event, funny enough players could not understand why it was re tuned to be on par with current Staves. :smiley:

Tuning is easier than ever with this new system, and we are sure to see Blizzard make use of it.

I don’t mind twinking, and at lower levels I can appreciate the effort someone puts in their character and the desire to just get off the gear grind and play.

Those two brackets, though, just seem like it’s mostly people just stomping games. It’s not fun to know who’s going to win based on who has more twinks first. That’s all it is now.

My 112 rsham did fine all through 100-109 in wod gear. No problems. Games were good, competitive, at no point did any one player dominate.

I’m an above average pvp player, know my class, other classes, how to juke etc, and through that went 12-4 in some good games, almost without replacing a piece of my wod pvp gear because nothing was really much better until 110.

First (and only) game at 110, twin peaks, and I get one shot by a starsurge at the bridge, the horde team proceeds to farm the gy and I stayed just to watch the team afk and get refilled twice just to get farmed more.

I can’t compete with a 21k starsurge. I don’t know who can. I had a game at 111 with a ret on our team just deleting people in ssm.

There’s no competition in that. And before “anyone can do it”, turning off xp to do all of bfa zones for max azerite gear and neck just to sit in a bracket below 120 doesn’t really scream “competitive mindset”.

2 Likes

dont join a game at 111 when you are under geared. people got crushed in the old days when they tried to do that too

pvp isnt a casual leveling experience. you have to win to get anything, so get geared and come to play.

1 Like

Pvp below 110 is no issue with or without twinks. There isn’t a great differential. Literally hundreds of bgs I’ve played with no issue until 110 where it’s “win if you have more twinks”.

110 and up is just stupid. There’s no competition in it. It’s just stupid damage that’s unhealable. It’s sad to me that people will do all the zone quests but stop xp just to farm bgs below 120.

They separated the twinks in cata because of the power differential and undid it in legion because of templates. So the argument of “it used to be this way” is exactly why queues got separated in the first place.

We have already determined that the lazy players deserve the rez. Go gear up or shh.

1 Like