Please don't ruin raiding

It’s bad enough having to put up with random affixes and recycled loot with a couple new ilvl’s and call it content. Don’t ruin raiding by recycling the old raids and pretend that’s content.

Everything in this old thread: Bring back 5mans still holds true today, and to think you’re going to try and ruin raiding the same way makes me sick.

27 Likes

So you prefer content drought?

7 Likes

I wouldn’t be against time walking raids especially if they brought back unique sets/ trinkets with them

4 Likes

Yeah, how dare they attempt to do something that is successful and a selling point in other mmo’s. The nerve!

The OP is proof that some people will literally whine about anything.

16 Likes

This is a necro thread in disguise. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No, I’d prefer some content for my subscription fee.

It shouldn’t be a choice between “lol nothing” and “lol let’s turn raiding into diablo as well”.

Redoing the raids we only just completed with some sort of horrible fun-destroying random affix is not content, it’s torture and a desperate attempt at replacing the cut content patch they pretend never existed.

16 Likes

Most progression raiders don’t experience content droughts.

1 Like

Alright so when 9.2.5 hits don’t do said content

The others will gladly get their bis gear, especially now there’s a chance to have a bis Sylvanas bow once more

2 Likes

Farming rares is content apparently.

1 Like

Because rerunning the same raids you’ve already spent longer than any other expansion clearing due to the already massive lack of content updates is great, new and exciting content.

But no! Adding cancerous affixes is new content! How fun will it be reclearing the same trash you already spent months clearing every week, but now they can bolster! Or now they can enrage, while throwing explosive orbs everywhere, while grevious stacks on the tank!

Sounds amazing fun.

12 Likes

but that’s not the choice we have. this isn’t a new idea instead of getting 10.0 sooner. it’s a new idea instead of 8 extra months of 9.2.5

3 Likes

How about a new raid instead? How about not cutting a content patch?

How about not giving us the longest patch cycle with the least amount of content stretched over the entire life of shadowlands?

2 Likes

There’s nothing new about this at all.

If they wanted to add something new, let us equip an additional legendary every 2 weeks, stacking. Or have us belong to all 4 covenants at once. It would be like the end of Legion when our artifacts got turbo-charged, or when they finally made corruption fun at the end of BfA.

People would have a lot of fun with that. Recycling old raids and adding M±style affixes to them? Nah.

3 Likes

if they offer us either of those things, i’ll jump at them. it doesn’t seem like those are on the table, though.

fair. maybe “different” would have been a better word choice on my part!

Having to recycle old content IS a content drought…

5 Likes

I’ve always thought mythic+ raiding was a good idea. It would let them make difficulties for everybody.

1 Like

Unfortunately something very similar to this destroyed my guild and a lot of the player base years ago in another MMO. It caused me to give up on it.

They scaled all content and added nothing new except scaling up all raids as their “content”

Was a really sad time.

1 Like

I’d guess that this has been their plan all along - to make fewer raids but add affixes to streamline the playerbase into “mythic raiders who love affixes”. Content development will be less expensive with fewer raids. I’m not sure how big that demographic is though.

3 Likes

The kicker is that this current Raid has proven that Blizzard still can’t balance anything worth a darn. An lets not forget how often that lil 1’’ circle on the grounds actual hit box is technically 5’’

2 Likes

Simple solution. Don’t do them. Especially if they give you a life threatening disease through your monitor. Wouldn’t want that would we

1 Like