Please don't ruin raiding

Majority will not do it because the majority of that has stopped doin the big 3 content…

1 Like

Putting a couple run killers on raids is not ‘content’.

1 Like

Hmmm…I think you mean necrotic…

Crappy boring recycled ‘stuff to do’ is still a content drought

Wake up

4 Likes

I disagree. We have no idea what exactly a “progenitor-themed affix system” will even be, so complaining about it beforehand is a bit much. I’m thinking that they will be making the raids harder in order to compensate for people’s much higher gear levels by adding extra mechanics to fights or mobs.

From comments in the past Ive assumed that many people like challenging play. And if that challenging play gives commensurately decent rewards, what exactly is the negative?

We will not be getting new content, that’s pretty well guaranteed. If in lieu of that we get old content being freshened and upgraded, at least that is something to be doing during the drought.

4 Likes

it’s true, but most of those people don’t post here.

3 words for this…

MYTHIC

PLUS

PAINSMITH

1 Like

Im curious have you seen some of the Realms track record with the current raid? There are a ton of them just aittin higher then the encounters who havent even gotten to Andy yet, let alone beat em, and thats after the handful of nerfs…

Yes.

Once I have mythic raids on farm for a few months, maybe I’ll reconsider. But really, the kinds of people who have mythic raids on farm? This isn’t going to placate them.

Not sure what that has to do with topic at hand.

I have no skin in this race either way, I don’t really raid other than LFR and I do very few M+ runs.

That said I’d like to know where some of these assumptions are coming from? The post only mentioned adding a new Progenitor affix. It said nothing about adding all the M+ affixes or timers.

Now if they try to turn raiding into essentially mega M+ then sure bring out the pitchforks, especially if it’s not an optional difficulty toggle. But otherwise it might be better to see what the design is before writing it off completely.

It is a content drought!

1 Like

I would LOVE it if they made all old raids and dungeons current content.

All the replies in this thread compared to the replies in OP’s original thread link just proves how much toxicity this game has attracted with sport type BiS gearing systems like M+.

This game used to be a relaxing social, strategic, RPGing experience, but now it’s a toxic, fast paced, adrenaline induced competitive sport. Blizzard is forgetting half of Bartle’s Player Types for Gamification, which are Socializers and Explorers and now only target Killers and Achievers.

I never thought the day would come that would finally get me to stop playing since BC. Blizz has changed so much since then and I no longer enjoy anything except raiding. Which was already hanging on by a thread because to do top raid damage I have to get BiS gear from lots and lots of M+ runs for an RNG vault chance (both of which I hate). And now, with this new change, I’ll hate raiding content fully too. The story is bad, dungeons are bad, extrinsic reward system is bad, socializing is bad, raids are bad. There’s nothing left for the original players of WoW. :cry:

3 Likes

if it’s anything like encrypted is for mythic+ then there is certainly nothing fun destroying about it.

It will probably see some success. The top players will always chase upgrades, even if it’s just +1 stamina/strength.

What I would be curious to see is how they balance it going into the next expansion. Generally Mythic gear from the last raid of an expansion is equal to casual gear 8 player levels above the previous level cap… So, would say +10 mythic gear be equal to the 1st raid tier of the next expansion?

This isn’t ruining raids it’s expanding on them, raids are boring there’s to much down time there is no sense of urgency, One of the reasons why I no longer raid anymore is and are you ready for it I know it’s a shock horror and everyone will gasp.

It’s too slow and as a tank it’s mind numbingly boring.

And as for old five man’s? They were boring too, I hated sitting there waiting a minute + between pulls, is the tank ready? Has the healer spent six years drinking yet? Is trap back off cooldown? Ok let’s kill these one by one and take the whole night for a chance at gear.

1 Like

I’m actually excited for this. I can finally complete 9.2’s content at my own pace. Then roll into more content without having to worry about more catch-up content.

Or is there more catch up content? I didn’t actually read the stuffs.

The time to be concerned is before something has been implemented, not after it has been implemented and you realize you wasted your money paying for something on blind faith.

This is true. However, not all raiders want to infinitely repeat the raid with different difficulties added through mythic+ like affixes. So this is really only targeting a tiny demographic, given that raiders are the minority to start.

As I said above, the “we” that is the part of the playerbase is a small minority. Are you going to be raiding weekly to enjoy this?

The problem is that the rest of the playerbase is getting squat.

Actually, elites disproportionately post in the forums.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like