Please don't give in to the GDKP enjoyers

have you ever join a raid with an item HARD RESERVED? As long as everyone in the raid knows what theyre getting into, there is no real issue on that item being taken.

Sometimes, other people’s MAIN finally catch up to max and want to be able to join the raid, so people might swap to an alt to help the group comp that lockout. That or they will sit out completely and then what do they do with their geared main? Help a pug out in a gdkp.

Before SoD there was a 6 month period in which a ton of players from wotlk came to Era and brought with them tons of bots.

They all left to SoD…

And it seems they now left SoD for cata perhaps…

Ok man you had to deal with them for 6 months that sucks. Thankfully they only lasted halfway through phase 2 for SOD they quit cause GDKP ban. It’s been great since.

1 Like

I’m not trying to prove anything. I just do not see purchasing BOPs as progress I see it as either instant gratification, laziness, or entitlement. That is why I enjoy SOD players who want that kinda play style don’t play SOD. They are also more likely to buy gold because they are more inclined towards ease of access vs effort

If playing the game is only enjoyable when you get paid you never enjoyed the game in the first place, it was merely the means to an end.

2 Likes

So your take is that everyone who does gdkps is only playing so their account can have a lot of gold on it?

Your takes just get dumber and dumber.

No matter how many times its been explained you just repeat the same garbage ignoring what has been cleared up 100+ times.

You sound like an idiot.

I’m sorry that you don’t understand that GDKP is more than just ‘buying pixels for gratification’. I really don’t know how much more clear I can be in that GDKP gives me more agency over the progress of my character. I do not enjoy random number generators being the deciding factor over if my time spent results in progress that night or not. I find it frustrating and it just makes me not want to play the game.

Gold is just a resource. Stop thinking of gold as something that is not linked to raiding, because that is a very pea-brained mindset when it’s literally the only transferable resource in game.

Use resources to progress characters, that is a core tenant of an MMORPG. Much more so than roll dice to progress characters.

I’ve never said this, you are inserting your own reductive interpretation repeatedly into these threads because you simply cannot comprehend that someone may approach the game differently to you.

It’s just sad at this point.

Its been explained over and over and he just repeats the same garbage.

He has it all made up in his head and there is nothing anyone says that will change his mind.

Hes an idiot.

Didto my dude

Gold is not the only trade able resource it is designed for purchasing things it’s currency agency control call it anything you want GDKP is a system with which you buy BOPs they would be BOEs if the devs wanted players to be able to purchase them

Reading the stuff people are writing and comprehending it just isnt you and Toughburger’s thing.

Cant wait for him to reply with how we only want to get paid to raid lmfao.

If you dont get it by now, after repeated explanations you wont ever get it.

Just enjoy your garbage runs and pugs.

And they would remove master loot if they didnt want player agency on their loot setting.

Derp.

At least we try explaining our stance on the matter vs calling everyone else’s way garbage. You just resort to insults when someone has a different opinion than you. But sure since your insults are so awesome I suddenly see the light and you are just so cool man. I mean what was I even thinking of course GDKP is a harmless loot system you are just trading gold nothing is being purchased. How could I have been so blind all along? You are clearly a very intelligent highly evolved being capable of open discussion.

It’s weird isn’t it?
Just because the raid is instanced doesn’t mean your character, your resources, your relationships and every other raid before and after this raid is also instanced. All actions past, present and future are part of character progression.

Oh no im an idiot, but you asking the same things that have already been answered is getting old, i dont have the patience for the kid games.

Gdkps are banned on SOD anyway, they arent coming back.

They were harmless to you anyway, you most likely raid in a guild.

Somehow someone buying a weapon your guild is giving you for free is offensive.

I don’t call people names but I will ask questions sorry I don’t read every post. I do not think you’re an idiot I think you either act intentionally dense or deflect with insults to diminish valid points and avoid facing the truth. That GDKP no matter how it started has become a total nightmare and destroyed the game for a lot of players.

1 Like

Destroyed the game how?

They felt left out and didn’t want to learn something new.

Imagine being an average broke orc and all these cool ‘GDKP’ raiders are walking around acting like they are on top of the world

A. It became the “only” option sure you can say oh everyone can do what they want but it has become the only way to make gold and the only way to get into a raid as a new player. B. People without gold and without gear are mocked and looked down on aka new players. C. It normalizes having an abnormal amount of gold no amount of farming is gonna get you 1,000,000 gold. D. It speeds up the game to the point that there is nothing to do for the last month of the phase and everyone starts talking smack “server dead” " game to easy" " blizzard needs to hurry up and give us new content" just a lot of negativity over trade. E. If you just played the game how it was designed you wouldn’t be done with it so fast. Blizzard factored in the time it would take to get geared and maxed out without being able to purchase max level gear. No one person’s time is more valuable than another’s and progress takes time in WOW.