Please don’t stand on top of me

lol

iirc Everquest had bodyblocking

people would pay Ogre players to stand near the entrance of instances

so they could do a raid or dungeon in peace

Yeah I remember doing that for my dad back before raids were instanced and other guilds could crash your raid.

Classic and even current EQ has trolls blocking access to the bank for fun.

People parking on top of me grinds my gears, but adding that type of physics to this game gets a hard no from me.

1 Like

Wow this is fantastic. Wish we could do this in WoW.

If we had player collision, I’m a mage so I’d be fine. I’d feel bad for the rest of you guys though lmao.

The few times it’s been successfully tried, the folks involved got suspended from the game. Blizzard historically hasn’t taken kindly to players using collision to prevent other players from accessing things.

I remember hearing about some dudes who set up firework launchers on top of one another such that the Orgrimmar AH entrance was blocked off, and IIRC, they got themselves a few days’ vacation from the game as a result.

Oh I believe it. This is a risk I’m willing to take. Though I’d wouldn’t make an effort to do it for hours on end. 15-30 minutes would be enough to satisfy me.

1 Like

This wouldn’t work because of raid mechanics. Many times, raid mechanics have to have people stack up on one spot. If we had collision hit boxes, people would die. Good examples of encounters like that exist in almost every raid tier.

i noticed there are some npcs that have physics that prevent you from running through them (like the honor vendors in the champions hall in stormwind.) its pretty irking running around and getting pass protected and having to juke around the npcs just to see what kind of wares they are peddling. now just imagine if every single soul had that kind of physics in game. riiight…

What if they are on a mount?

Because it is unbelievable to me the amount of players mounted on Mammoths and Dinosaurs that apparently need to stand in/on/over:

Bank Entrances (everywhere but Stormwind Dwarf side and Exodar side*)
Raid Entrances (Kaz*)
Dungeons Entrances (stacked three deep in the Tempest Keep ones* **)

Mailboxes (next to Stormwind’s, Ironforge’s, Darnassus’s and Dalaran’s bank*)
Flight Masters (Dalaran*)
Event NPCs

Yesterday, one Dino raider wasn’t satisfied with blocking BOTH the bank entrance and the mailbox in Darnassus; as I was interacting with the lefthand teller, he BACKED his mount into the bank to where I was standing.

I might be able to understand if they were attempting to garner admiration for attractive mounts but those mounts are anything but attractive.

So if it included the mount, that would be a serious problem.

(*just what I have observed over the last three days)

(** having the heads all moving different while they were stacked looked really creepy… and kinda cool :woman_shrugging:.)

2 Likes

I agree, Aviela they should do something about this right away. Adding collision would be the best thing. After all, those pesky non-rpers are the problem. Maybe we should add some other punishment for standing on top of people as well.

1 Like

Ya’ll are saying OMG YES COLLISION WILL SAVE RP but I don’t think you realize how many walls of people will block your RP walking and/or shoving people off a cliff to their doom/mobs of elites while youre typing your post will happen. Lol

Ignoring is the best option.
Anyone who has had a sibling, younger or older, knows this to be true.
Some times it doesnt happen right away, but eventually, they do grow bored if they are ignored and move onto something else.

Don’t stand
Don’t stand
Don’t stand
on top of me

Pleeeaaaase donnnnn’t staaaand onnnnn toooop ooofff me.

5 Likes

This isn’t one of your most inspired posts. I’m afraid it’s not one of your best work, I’m sorry to say.
6.5/10

1 Like

What are you, the internet Police?:smiley:

3 Likes

Would be nice for quaking week…

1 Like

I didn’t even think about this, but this is true too. I was thinking raid mechanics and the like. But this whole thing about blocking people would make total sense. Imagine two people with tauren characters who just feel like trolling heading to the hot spot in Orgrimmar - which is the Tail - and blocking the entrance to the bar like the Kul Tiran guys in the Hook Point arena. People would lose their minds.

1 Like

I’ve said before, they should make it so if you /ignore someone, they go invisible to you.

Here is a story about what will happen if player collision is ever in WoW.
Everquest Online Adventures had player collision. It didnt take a week
before players started blocking access to everything. The only bank
in the town of Freeport was a favorite target. They would stand in
the narrow door keeping everyone from using the bank.

This would happen on the first day of player collision in WoW.
No, we shouldnt have to ignore someone just to use the bank.

Absolutely. It would be a griefer’s paradise.

I remember early in the BfA beta when they changed the appearance of the warlock’s porting device (whatever its called) they accidentally made them solid. So of course warlocks were positioning them everywhere en masse because they could. And the more inconvenient, the better.