Please do not allow flying in the new zones, part II...IN WARMODE

Youuuuuuu understand that the players IRL aren’t the ones who did these things, yes? It’s completely possible to RP out a faction conflict without ruining an actual non-fictional person’s fun.

3 Likes

The title literally said in the new zone. I wasn’t asking for them to change it in the old zones.

So disallow flying in the new zones that a majority wants because your still mad about a tree?

Btw there is a RP and Lore forum for a reason.

1 Like

I’m not ruining anyone’s fun. PvP servers are gone. Anyone who is in war mode has chosen to be in war mode. They’ve knowingly signed up for it, wanting the fights.

I love the danger leveling on my low characters.

Agreed. “Growing up” on a RPPVP server from 2009 until 2017 had its excitement to be sure.

Yeah but…

1 Like

People like you, aka gankers/griefers, are why I have never turned on Warmode. Please quit trying to take away my, and other people’s, fun just because you can’t have fun unless you’re making other people miserable.

6 Likes

Dangit I’m out of likes for the day.

2 Likes

If your nova is down i don’t have to pop cooldowns to kill you :slight_smile:

Oh so just because I post mainly on Waidmann what I say does not matter .

This thread is not about Teldrassil it is about flying and wpvp and how one affects the other .

Or how some of us like to call it … Boo Hoo Blizz don’t let them fly because we can’t gank them if you do thread.

5 Likes

I’m going to bet that there’s never been a time when you have “loved” being camped until you logged.

1 Like

Yeah. Every time I play world PvP I love it. However people aren’t good enough to camp me to the point of logging.

If people want to PvP without flying, then join a BG!

3 Likes

When I was leveling on my old server (the venture co when it was rppvp) it was frustrating to get one-shot by a high level, but most of the time it was a one-and-done thing. I’d just resurrect, heal up, and start dominating pve trash again.

But, the ganking you mention, yeah, that was brutal, but I completely understood that was what I was getting myself into.
I liked the intensity of PvP servers. The tense standoffs were great: “are they going to attack or emote /hi and be cool and just let each of us do our own thing?” When the latter happened it was honestly quite magical - peace when we both could assault and murder-death-kill each other

Yes it is. Same thing would apply back in the day if there was 2 max level players but one of them had higher rating and just straight up outgeared them and ended up 2-4 shotting them. It’s still 2 players engaged in combat.

And if people want that kind of close to fair experience then BGs are there waiting for them. If they can’t handle the open world pvp experience then they should just turn off warmode. WPvP has never been this gentle experience that cradles you like a child. It tosses you in some rough and sometimes impossible situations. It’s not for the faint of heart or those without thick skin.

And it’s not an age thing at all. I’m young. I like having challenges when I want them. But I don’t think ganking lowbies is a horrid thing in the game that needs to be removed any time soon. If anything to me it’s an introduction to the PvP experience. Understanding that you’re in the slums but you work you way up to becoming a threat on the battlefield.

1 Like

The person you quoted made no call to silence your opinion. Having a dissenting opinion to yours is not a call to silence you. It just means they don’t agree with you your overall point. The fact you make such an extraordinary accusation in regards to a dissenting opinion makes me feel you are just trolling while trying to maintain a facade of keeping people “on topic” and the higher ground.

5 Likes

I wonder if one of the tactics that you used to get away to prevent that was…

Getting out of combat and flying away? :thinking:

Naaaah. I’m sure even when you were level 60, being set on by a group of roaming max-levels, you totally beat them and RP-walked away like a dude in sunglasses walking away from an explosion.

2 Likes

I promise you it is not a legitimate issue.

1 Like

Actually it turns people off on doing pvp. My boyfriend likes to pvp but his view on ganking is way different. He believes a person that ganks like this is a coward. I have pvp with him on SWTOR for this reason knowing he is not going to gank someone 5 levels or more lower than him as that to him is wrong. He thinks it is best to pvp someone around your own level.

4 Likes

But that such a obvious choice Besides most of them don’t want a fair balanced fight. They prefer to gank someone low level, AFK or at low health to begin with. BG are too hard lol