Please do hit Anduin with the villian bat

That’s out of character even for Anduin. Only the most rabid MHP’s are deluded enough to be okay with it.

Oh please SL will end with Anduin saying something cheesy like “Sylvanas… you were right… you were right about me.” and then they embrace and french kiss and roll credits and “Directed by Steve danuser” appears.

Correct.

Dimensional ships (or trans-dimensional ships) are vessels created and operated by the naaru that can travel between worlds and dimensions, traversing the Twisting Nether just as normal ships traverse the air and sea, and warp time itself.

Right, so they’re not even remotely stuck lol! They can leave whenever.

1 Like

I think that’s the idea so far. Would make us see a bigger presence of the light since the Burning Legion almost wiped that cosmic force out in our timeline.

edit: That said; an army size that can compete against the Burning Legion doesn’t make the Jailer threatening.

3 Likes

I mean, he was never really threatening.

That being said, with the Lightbound’s whole messaging being “Saving us from ourselves” … I kinda hope they have the capacity for forced conversion. That way, if they come as friends of the Alliance, they can really amass some serious forces from our own people before crap really hits the fan. That way even if Turalyon fell for their charms at first, if he were to get Bound when he realizes he was “Ner’zhul’d” … saving him can be a priority for the Alliance and his wife. Maybe AU Grom can be his equal on the Horde in that for Geya’rah.

3 Likes

I can see the concerns with writing as the Lightbound might be convinced to remain with the factions. The Lightbound weren’t exactly villains as they believed the Iron Horde were destroying the planet while the Iron Horde believed the Lightbound were destroying the planet.

2 Likes

Ehh … sorta? The weird thing about the Sermon of the High Exarch is that neither the Iron Horde NOR the the death of the planet were sourced as motives for such a crusade. But rather, visions of a united Dreanor under a single vision of the Light that Yrel was regularly receiving. Which god does that ever portray what I was afraid of with her. Yrel is essentially Billy Batson without the Wisdom of Solomon part of his powers. Given one of the few fantasy powers ever that is a nightmare waiting to happen if its just dropped on you without training. Prophetic Visions. With no guidance on how to properly interpret or validate those visions. And since we know so little about the LB beyond Geya’rah’s perspective and that book, it remains unclear exactly when they started using the Death of the Planet as a justification. Not to mention, the planet was probably dying due to the timeline disintigrating.

The other issue with the AU Mag’har, is that despite having ex members of the Iron Horde (and clearly still utilizing many of their Iron Horde techs), 3 out of 4 leaders that we know of were of the Frostwolf Clan. AU Durotan (apparently killed by the Lightbound); AU Draka (leading the remaining Mag’har garrison in Nagrand at the point of the recruitment scenario); and Geya’rah (the daughter of the first two). Even AU Lantressor was portrayed as a higher ranking member in the scenario, which is why he alone stands by AU Grom’s side in their fade-to-black. The ONLY exception to this (and leadership relic form the Iron Horde era) is AU Grom himself. Which is enough to condemn the entire PC race for many. Even though again, the Frostwolves comprise a majority of their leadership.

1 Like

The issue here is that if naaru ships could hop between timelines, then given there are infinite timelines, ours would already be swamped with refugee Armies of the Light. Because to flee to our timeline, they’d have to know theirs is dying (rather than just the planet), and if the prophetic foresight of a naaru can warn it of something like the temporal collapse of its native causality, then the prime universe would already have been long ago crawling with an infinite number of Armies of the Light who’d all fled their doomed realities to our stable one.

Naaru ships “warping time” comes across to me as the way they can phase into the Twisting Nether, harness the fluid rate of time’s passage along with the less than consistent nature of distances there to instantly cross a great span, then reemerge in the Great Dark at a coinciding point many light years away from where they started. As dimension-ships they traverse the physical universe by shifting into a dimensional plane (the Twisting Nether) where the rate of time’s progression and the span of physical space are less rigidly defined and more readily manipulated.

I.e. their mode of travel uses Twisting Nether as a sort of hyperspace or subspace to bypass the more static laws of spacetime that govern the Great Dark, where it would take millions or billions of years to physically travel the same distance across physical space.

1 Like

I mean, whatever. Its an excuse they could easily use, and we don’t know the requirements for Interdemensional travel like that. Since Naaru dimensional craft are nearly entirely dependent on a Naaru (various Naaru, filling various roles, considering what happened with the Genedar) … its entirely possible that if you don’t have access to say “A Prime” … there isn’t even the option to bounce. After all, we never got to see Xe’ra at full capacity. She was essentially at death’s door when she tried that stunt with Illidan and was subsequently killed by him.

Long story short, its really not that impossible to justify things without it getting too far out of hand. Especially with the AU Mag’har already existing in our reality now; and the Infinite Dragonflight essentially being everywhere. Just say that for an interdimensional jump (which the Naaru ships are referred to) it requires the every elusive and hyper rare Prime. The effective Arch Angel tier of the crystal Angels of WoW. Or you could just say that most of them bounce off to the Light Cosmology Realm instead of jumping to other timelines.

Considering we haven’t visited any Planets other than Argus and Outland we have no idea what the Naaru have been doing to AU Races! For all we know they are flooding the MU with the AU Races(mostly to use as Fodder for their invasions)!

1 Like

Who knows? Like I said, the “Shadows of the Light” or sumsuch expac would be interesting. Not just because we get a fully exploration of the spectrum of the Light, but also get to see various Light based ideologies clash. Some benevolent, some … less so. However, when I see what Blizz seems to be building both Light and Void towards. All I can see is, an extreme of the Prior can lead to fanaticism (Missing the Forest because of the Trees), and the extreme of the Latter can lead to insanity (Missing the Trees because of the Forest). The fixation on treading a True Linear Path vs being lost in the Infinite Branching Paths.

Its neat in concept.

According to Lore, Draenor was dying from a lack of Spirit energy long before the events of Warcraft, so AU Draenor would of been experiencing the same slow decay, for which The Lightbound blamed the Orcs and Orcs blamed the Draenei but in truth, neither was responsible.

I don’t like this becomes of further implications, such as the fact that the Draenei would be MORE powerful then the Bronze Dragonflight but without the imposed regulations.

I’ve suggested before, and I still think it’s a better choice, is to do a slight recon that “AU” Draenor is not actually in a Parallel timeline but is actually Draenor existing within our timeline in a “bubble” like the Timeless Isle, for which Kairozdormu actually studied and learned how to recreate.

I mean, Outland no longer exists in the spot in the Cosmos Draenor once held, as it was sucked into the Twisting Nether. AU Draenor now exists in the Spot, seperated from the Main Timeline by a temporal anomaly but all it would take is to get that bubble to “pop” and Draenor now exists in our Timeline once again.

The issue as I know it was that it had too much Spirit. The threat was that this gave rise to the Sporemounds because there were no physical Elementals to keep them in check. And if left to feed on all the spirit of the world, then it would eventually eat itself and everything would be dead.

Which was the Story of the Sporemound and the rise of the Botani. Their inherent drive to spread their plantlife across the Planet was burning away the Planet’s Spirit. The destruction of the Evergrowth only slowed them down but the issues remained.

At least, this was the initial story. This was only vaguely hinted at during WoD, which I suspect was part of the dropped Faralon story, so it’s not a surprise most missed it.

It seemed well resolved and we see no further Genesaurs to think it was resurgent.

The Genesaurs were a direct creation of the Sporemound’s destruction.

And in both universes, they were only recently hunted to extinction, but Draenor was already dying by then.

Well Draenor was dying after in our timeline because the Legion and Gul’dan poisoned the Throne of Elements with fel. This led to mass famine, drought, floods, etc. Capped by the event that created the Hand of Gul’dan. Fel ruined it.

I imagine the same happened in the AU Draenor as well, as the story hardly deviated up until Garrosh’s interference.

But that only contributed to the overall problems.

Except we know Gul’dan didn’t get to do any of that because of the interference. Garrosh comes before. Hence the Throne as that one fire elemental we save.