Please do hit Anduin with the villian bat

So a lot of us are tired of the self righteous teenager telling all of us to get along. Im thinking he would be a compelling villain to fight along side a Lich ice queen Jaina, Dark earthwarder Thrall and the pretty useless Baine in a raid.(throw Calia and Taelia in there too.)

Not only does it get rid of these annoying characters but allows the player base to get some actual compelling villains for us to fight. This also allows the Horde to kill an Alliance High king so they stop complaining about their warchief being the only one villain batted.

Then once we are done with shadowlands we can bid farewell to all the characters they ruined in BFA and we can go into the Next expac with the hope they will do a better job with the rest of the charcters going forwards.

12 Likes

My bet is that after Shadowlands he’ll just be back to being the Supreme Ruler of the Alliance, be as annoying and peaceloving as ever and he’ll have absolutely nothing learned and no characteristic changes from Shadowlands.

5 Likes

I don’t think you know what compelling means.

15 Likes

I’ve been compelled to want Anduin killed out of the story for a while now. No one likes mary sues unless we get to kill them off.

I don’t think you know what Mary Sue means.

13 Likes

“I know Blizzard horribly butchered these characters, but don’t worry guys, they won’t do the same to these other characters! W-we just have to get rid of the ones they ruined like a year ago and then they won’t ruin any more characters! They’ll find some cool replacements for the dead ones, don’t worry about it, I mean it’s not like the Horde where the last actual replacement they had for a dead guy was Baine or anything! It’ll be great guys!”

33 Likes

I’m all for Anduin abandoning his role as high king and turning villain during or after Shadowlands. There’s no real need to kill him off at that point anymore though, is there?

WoW needs more villains, not less. We burned through too many villains too quickly in the first few expansions and that’s what landed us in this situation to begin with.

8 Likes

It’d be silly to have the most peace devoted characters to become villains. That’s not compelling at all.

Or we could just not villain bat people and allow villains to form in the story in a reasonable manner.

10 Likes

“I’ve been corrupted and I’m evil now” is the most recycled and least compelling plot device in WoW. Is that what you are proposing happen to these people?

34 Likes

I kinda like this except for Lich Jaina. What would be the point of that?

Because this isn’t so much of a “how to fix the plot” thread as much of a “get rid of characters OP dislikes” thread.

11 Likes

I don’t see why he needs to be killed off. Does he need to stop being High King? Yes, the Alliance will always have its hands tied behind its backs and have a limited story as long as he’s in charge.

1 Like

Anduin isn’t really self-righteous. He clearly does WANT to believe the best about people, even some of his political enemies but he constantly doubts himself, his kingdom, his faction. It’s the narrative itself almost always proving his hopes correct and his doubts meaningless that is the annoying thing about him.

9 Likes

We would sooner see Tyrande become a villain concerning her Night Warrior curse.

Except for he’s just an easy excuse for that, and he’s more a symptom of the underlying writing philosophy Blizz approaches the Alliance with. A symptom that augments the problem, but not the core problem. Blizz had started their noncommittal and hands-tied nature with the Alliance around the same time the Horde became a plot device. In Cata. Its just become worse and worse as time has gone on. Rendering the Horde Faction a Forced Proactive Faction with no motives to be Proactive; and the Alliance a Passive Reactive Faction with all the motives, who’s restricted in even how its allowed to react.

Getting rid of Anduin might get rid of Blizz’s easy excuse, but it wont get rid of the problem.

12 Likes

I’m genuinely interested to see how being made Sylvanas/The Jailer’s slave is going to impact his character going forward. There are a lot of interesting things that they can do after such a traumatic loss of innocence.

3 Likes

Not exactly as there are too many characters that would just fill in the same spot.

Tyrande is possible for that solution even though Thrall and the council wasn’t involved in Teldrassil’s destruction, Tyrande can believe she is fulfilling justice but she actually isn’t.

2 Likes

The only real way to fix the problem is to finally unfetter the Alliance’s ability to react. I appreciate that the Alliance has always been a mostly reactive entity over the years, but Blizz has taken it far too far (and its had dire consequences for how they write both factions). The Alliance has plenty of motives, but with how restricted they are on responding or acting upon them … we’re just going to spin our wheels forever until that’s addressed.

8 Likes

That’s why we should humor a working scenario.

2 Likes

Yeah because compelling and blizzard go together like, Ketchup and ice cream.