Please Deal With Sockpuppeting

Preach it, hunter!

Ok ill stop now

1 Like

Why bother? If people want to do sock puppets, so what?

ya sock popet is bad do not let pepole do it ! it is OK tho if its funy , if it aint funy then no is bad

7 Likes

Yeop. No fricks given.

It is funny how hard some of them try though! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When you click a posters name you can see a characters profile. Under profile just add another tab that shows characters posted on and make it so people cannot hide it. That would help with sockpuppeting.

2 Likes

I strongly disagree with OP.

I also strongly disagree with OP and strongly agree with Asgaerot.

3 Likes

If you have to answer/talk to yourself with alts, that’s just sad.

I do use different characters on the forums, but not on my own posts. Sometimes I use a character to suit a post(like if a post is about warriors, I will use a warrior toon), though 99% of my posts are on my main Druid or this Priest(2nd main)

Great timing I’m making socks for winter now. They should have to were they make them it is so frustrating they’ll be too busy doing them they wouldn’t be on the forum much.

Glances at the Talon squad

Will they though? Can we get an ETA on that?

3 Likes

It doesn’t even matter at all!

There is a suspicious group that looks like a negative PR campaign or activist brigade that usually have an OP with 30-50 likes very quickly ( with a very high percentage of hidden profiles compared to non controversial posts ) and then have only one or two accounts dragging out the conversation.

Then there’s also the T’s, but I think that one is mostly a solo effort.

3 Likes

huh

1 Like

Or we could not devote more resources to a who cares issue

3 Likes

negative PR?

Think Russia’s internet research agency but for corporations. Spent 30 years in the advertising / marketing / public relations industries, and this may be a surprise, it’s not entirely ethical.

The solution is to convert into Battletags like the rest of the Blizzard game forums.

5 Likes

Before that happens they need to let you change your battle tag assigned ID that’s usually your street address. Especially in the age gamer Swatters.

What do you mean? My battletag has never had anything to do with my address. You can also change your battletag.

1 Like

There is a number appended to the part of your battle tag that you can change.

It’s usually the street number of your billing address and you can’t edit it.

Looks like it’s called your battletag numeric ID. And they’ve changed it to be randomly generated now. But a lot of older accounts are still stuck with it being personally identifiable information.

Edit:
Used my one time free battletag change and it did give me a new random number.

I don’t know if that’s true. The numbers I have have absolutely nothing to do with any address I’ve ever lived at.

4 Likes