Please bring back PvP servers

yet thats soo far what has poped.
I cant gank, he can leave me alone so there is no ganking.
/wrists

then you know they can

in tbc? maybe
wrath onwards it was already some heavy 10 to 20:1 ratios.
You are the one nitpicking if you pretend the pop imbalance wasnt brutal, even ED sucked at legion.

1 Like

Press N, press the button in Stormwind. Boom, PvP enabled.

If you’re that incompetent at everything that you can’t even do that, might I recommend a game like Farmville?

The biggest problem with War Mode and/or World PvP is that the vast majority of the players don’t want a fair fight. They will do anything they can to avoid that. That’s why open world PvP has eventually flamed out on every MMORPG since EverQuest.

3 Likes

Sure, if said PvP server had no CRZ, population cap as in one toon per account per server, no flight ever, and super beefy town guards/NPCs and immortal quest givers.

:mountain: :ocean: :dragon: :mountain: :ocean: :dragon: :mountain: :ocean: :dragon:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s too bad they didn’t just put a faction queue in place originally. Like no more than 3 to 1 ratio online at a time.

1 Like

100% warmode is the worst.

Eh… I’d actually like them to merge unbalanced servers to create more balanced ones. Some got pretty out of hand unfortunately. People are lame and don’t like fair fights.

But you don’t PvP… High end or otherwise :roll_eyes:

Also second reality is lfg exists and PvP guilds don’t really. Most of my highest exp is through lfg. You do not need to play on a PvP server to PvP. I met two of my long time 3s partners on a PvE server.

Not a bad idea. I wouldn’t mind them just making it easier to turn back on. There’s no reason to go to sw now a days. Occasionally I turn it off because I’m in a hurry and the games dead so I can take anyone with me… Then I don’t turn it back on forever because I don’t go to sw.

2 Likes

PvP servers were consolidated because they were desolate tumbleweed vistas; there were not as many PvP’ers as you think.

3 Likes

I really like pvp. I like it to be optional. Sometimes I just don’t feel like getting in a battle to do a simple quest.

I wish wow had better pvp stuff in it and some more open world optional stuff. Warmode works fine. Especially if you join premade groups for pvp content.

1 Like

Servers in general have been obliterated for a CoD lobby experience. The open world will never be the same. And no, I don’t think it’s better

2 Likes

id like that. at least one eastern one :slight_smile:

i’d roll a rogue there for fun. i feel like rogues lost value without perma pvp mode on.

2 Likes

If there was a player base for it, they wouldnt have to entice people to care about wpvp

1 Like

Imagine being a pvp’er and not wanting a pvp exclusive server. GTFO with that sh**

2 Likes

This isn’t really correct. There are/were just as many dead PvE/RP servers as there were PvP servers, dozens and dozens of them in fact.

A lot of the Full servers were/are PvP servers like Illidan, Tichondrius, Sargeras and two of the biggest Oceanic servers. Not to mention the biggest Brazilian and Latin American servers, which were mostly all PvP servers. In terms of RP-PvP, Emerald Dream also had a pretty big population back then too. Meanwhile there were/are only two populated RP servers and were a handful of PvE servers that were also full.

The reason War Mode happened wasn’t a lack of PvPers or a lack of people on PvP servers, it was almost certainly due to the faction imbalances and the devs caving to endless complaints of people that rolled on PvP servers who didn’t want to PvP.

9 Likes

I enjoy pvp and i agree with this.

Times have changed. This isn’t the good ole days where people are going to hop on a flight path in Org, etc to fly out to crossroads to help some poor schmuck getting ganked by some alliance. Might have still happened on a few pvp realms before warmode, but on most pvp realms that dude getting camped while killing zebras in the Barrens was pretty much on his own, especially when most higher level players are going to be in current content areas. Sorry bro, but I’m in Shadowlands, good luck lol.

2 Likes

So only difference between wm and pvp servers is u can turn warmode off.
So to me the only reason someone would want a pvp sever is so they can grief,gank,troll whatever
Someone else knowing the only way out is to log or change severs.
Which then will leave all those type of ppl on pvp severs which then leads to complaining because it just becomes battle of the biggest jerk untill whooops no one plays on a pvp sever making them dead so blizz get ride of them
Then alittle while later ppl start complaining that theres noe pvp severs

6 Likes

i’ve been running my hunter on war mode for 41 levels not one fight not one. I doubt there is any player base out there to sustain a whole server

2 Likes

No. They were just a niche and not popular enough in the end. RP servers won vs PvP servers.

Guys

Guys… Please read…

And

Again, if you don’t want to be on a PvP server don’t roll on one?

The issue with warmode is it’s a phasing disaster that literally gets abused by raids in group finder. I don’t think they can get rid of wm at this point unfortunately but man they Gota do something better with it. It’s a mess right now.

3 Likes

You can do this right now.

Just go into a capitol city, enable warmode, then go about your business as usual. Everyone will be flagged you can “World pvp” to your hearts content, with everyone else that chose to turn war mode on.

Problem solved.