Please bring back PvP servers

Why is it always players with no arena achieves, no bg achieves, etc begging for “pvp servers”.

Just admit it, you want to fly around killing people who cant fight back, then run and hide when they bring their main.

Its the same reason pvp servers died originally. Its the same reason pvp servers are a joke in classic. Garbage players pretending they “miss pvp” but who dont actually pvp in game. They miss lowbie stomping.

25 Likes

I replied to my experience above.

2 Likes

Because this is a different PvP experience. I don’t really enjoy arenas. BGs are okay, but instanced. I liked world PvP.
And no, it’s not about griefing. Ganking is just PvP when you’re on the losing side. It happens. I just res and run off, or make dinner for 10 minutes and get back on.

3 Likes

all servers are pvp servers. just turn WM on.

3 Likes

HAHAHAHA…

PvP servers are successful in the short term if balance can be created and maintained. Note that Blizzard never made any attempt to balance those servers, figuring there was a “PvP solution” that would solve that problem.

But in the long term, progressive imbalance is inevitable to the point where they become PvP in name only. Most people chose to stay on PvP servers that were strongly imbalanced in favor of their chosen faction. That’s their comfort zone. And they chose to abandon servers that were unplayable because they were outnumbered. Many who chose to play on a PvP server with their friends at age 12 found themselves stuck on a server where they were now a minority and couldn’t go out in the world alone. And no, it not only wasn’t their fault, but denying realm changes just shows us what entitled err people you are, demanding that Blizzard dish up ganking victims to you on your 90:10 server.

This became a big problem in Legion, when the world quest system required max level players to earn rep doing the same content at the same time as levelers of both factions. With faction balance rapidly deteriorating, Blizzard made an attempt to balance factions through CRZ, which was a disaster. With level scaling looming in the near future, where level 10’s and level 50’s would be playing together routinely, they had to admit that not only were PvP servers a failure in the modern game, but the wPvP system needed to be replaced fast.

There is a very dedicated audience for hardcore PvP gameplay. But it’s tiny. I now see balance returning to some 99% former single faction PvP servers.

2 Likes

If they improved sharding you could have your old school pvp back. That said join pvp premades in warmode it was really good fun in BFA

1 Like

I was alliance on dragonmaw. 4 to 1 horde to alliance ratio. I’m always on the underdog faction. I enjoy it that way. More conflict.
And my server lasted 6 expansions without massive overbalance.
It was fun.

2 Likes

This is why world pvp is bad, and has been bad since like wrath/Cata. After game stopped growing and people learned basics of the game they stopped PvPing against people that had more gear. so the “pvp” is just ganking lower geared people, which is only really enjoyable to people that are bad at actual pvp and need to stroke their ego.

Only exceptions being when warmode was considered in games design and convinced people to fight over airdrops in bfa and had a bounty system to draw geared people to the gankers.

5 Likes

I played alliance side KJ outnumbered 9 to 1 before warmode was a thing. Faction imbalance ruined any integrity of pvp servers.

I mean I had all these people to kill and they had nobody, how unfair it was for them.

5 Likes

4 to 1 is massive imbalance.

The number of players who wanted to play as a tiny minority was vanishingly small. It would not be worth it for Blizzard to provide you with custom servers. WPvP isn’t nearly as popular as you want to believe it would be.

12 Likes

Currently the people that want my PvP servers are playing classic because that’s where it is. It’s not doing too badly. My wife plays TBC PvP server. I’d join her on my account and resubscribe, but I don’t currently have time for an old game.

1 Like

Lol.
I always got the feeling the outnumbered side were better PvPers because they had more fights.
Although, maybe they just got better at hiding too. Hah

2 Likes

Hmm, and those 99% single faction servers that were abandoned in the free balancing transfer by the minority faction… Classic is a horrible example.

1 Like

From my experience with pvp servers, the majority of them were so lopsided in one factions favor it wasnt even a fight. Most of the pvp that happened was max levels stomping on lowbies with maybe the occasional actual good fight in a higher level zone like hellfire peninsulas towers, halaa, ect. I guess im not opposed but i likely wouldnt play on it. The novelty of a level 60 rogue camping redridge wears off pretty quickly

3 Likes

I came up on stonemaul. 10:1 alliance to horde, played as horde.

When funwell dropped we had to corpse walk to get to instances.

When FA collapsed pre wotlk we all formed up into a guild called YOUR BUMMED with almost all the top geared horde pvers and all the horde gladiators. We farmed isle so hard the alliance boycotted it for a week, so one of the squad brought an a team priest over to mind control hordies and clear them off the isle too, if they tried to kill the priest, our druids would cyclone the priest over and over while we mocked them. We then declared everybody bummed and waited for wotlk to drop.

But for every story like that, it was 10,000 times where you are on an alt and some noskill flys down to one shot you, then corpse camps you till your friends come, or you log to your main, and they evaporate. Because they never wanted anything close to a fair fight, they wanted to kick puppies.

On illidan’ CS theres a guy who does this in dalaran sewers. He has 3 boosted chars and he sits there all day, anytime a level 40 or so runs out and its on ffa he hops out of safety, blows every cooldown he has, then spams a bunch of pathetic “victory” emote macros.

Every day.

Thats all he does, his account has never stepped foot in arena, hes played maybe 3 bgs. But he thinks he is the best pvper in the world.

If he blows all his cds and he doesnt kill you? Then he runs away to safety.

Thats world pvp. By q staggering margin thats world pvp. Even YB running around was like 15 of us vs a scattered group of people. Its not impressive, theres no skill involved.

4 Likes

If you’ve got some magical way to keep active max level faction populations at ~50% each, with margin for error reducing along with total server population (a 5% advantage on a server with 9k players is felt way more than a 5% advantage on a server with 3k players), sure. Otherwise, it’ll be a replay of what always happens where one side ends up an extreme minority and can’t get anything done because of the constant ganking.

I say this as someone whose main was on a PvP server from patch 1.6 all the way up through the end of Legion. PvP servers are actually pretty fun when there’s a semblance of balance, but otherwise no thanks.

3 Likes

The only way to make warmode not lame is to disable the option to turn it off for x amount of time

Its not pvp if you only turn it on when its 10v2 and turn it off as soon as you get scared

But i agree warmode should have zero bonuses and i’d go as far as putting in anti air devices on the ground that players can use to dismount enemy players in the zone

4 Likes

Slap Fight!

3 Likes

Most complains about warmode are about people being able to not get griefed lol. No wonder they decided to remove pvp servers.

ofc they can.

Thats why pvp servers were one sided.

so by your definition people with warmode on are full duelist gear? did you ever play this game? lol.

3 Likes

That’s a strange statement.

I’m sure it’s possible. Harder with sharding, cross realms, and opt-in nature. But may be possible.

Eh, most people with the lopsided complaints would say 2 to 1 is lopsided. I’ve played 4 to 1. It’s whatever. Not noticable until around 10 to 1. And that wasn’t what the statement was about. You’re just nitpicking for your point.

My wife tells me I over exaggerate a lot. This is probably one of those times.