Please bring back PvP servers

Most people saying “JuSt TuRn On WaRmOdE” apparently can’t tell the difference between an actual server and the CoD Lobby experience which has essentially been achieved with WM and many other server breaking systems. At this point, servers essentially serve little to no purpose.

3 Likes

Which is good in the long run for both economy and playability as population fluxes or declines. Now we need community building tools so people can play toghether consistently.

You want infamy and famous world pvp. I get it. As someone who played on Rallos Zek and rp pvp in classic I get it. It’s just not feasible anymore.

Improve sharding. Bring enemy guilds toghether to world pvp. Develop zones where you actually want to use WM… etc.

The insulated small knit server is dead. Queues are crazy. And people just pick imba servers. Team balance is in a constant state of entropy.

The guts of pvp need to be fixed (statuc gear lvls is a start). Etc.

If this game had only 1 server. And zero sharding it’d make sense. It can’t be that way anymore. My server Ravenholdt died a decade ago. It’s way funner to join a premade in WM and quest/fight.

What the game really needs though are pvp objectives. Dynamic pvp quests taking place in the world. Etc.

I actually meant cross realm zones. My bad.

1 Like

People always say that, but there were enough to fill up at least 4 classic PvP servers. Seems doable. Probably more on retail, and bringing back those of us that left due to losing our server.

1 Like

I get that, and I’m not saying warmode should be taken away from retail.
Just that it would be nice to have PvP servers back for those of us that love them.

2 Likes

3/4 of the people who turn warmode on are pvers who don’t want to pvp and only want to abuse less populated shards to farm mounts and rares and druid bots farming herbs. Warmode on allows people to phase out before they die and turn off warmode whenever they feel in danger, which is the opposite of what pvp should be

Warmode should have a cooldown to turn off and players should be able to activate no-flying in a zone in exchange for a wpvp currency or something, similar to dalaran sightless eyes. Ground the bots and the pvers and i’ll happily send them back to their warmode off

6 Likes

My server was alliance side dragonmaw. We were outnumbered 4 to 1. My wife and I would quest alongside horde all the time, until one attacked us. Then it was game on.
I’ve always been too soft hearted to attack someone unprovoked.

The most fun and memorable times I’ve had in WoW have almost all been when spontaneous PvP happened, and maybe a war bloomed.

2 Likes

I think I will have to respectively disagree.

They merged a lot of PvP servers as populations started to wane, and, IMO, when they allowed transfers from PvE to PvP servers you suddenly had a heap of max level toons that transferred across ready to stomp lower levels, something that they got to skip because they levelled in PvE.

Then the PvP populations started to drop way off and that is when PvP and PvE servers became what we now know as normal servers with Warmode as a placebo to those that still wanted PvP.

It was believed that Warmode may draw a bigger audience as those who didn’t really ever participate in PvP could now opt in to discover the “magic” of world PvP.

The problem is, Warmode is just a faster way to level due to the XP bonus without really encouraging world PvP.

I agree that they should never have removed PvP servers but I think that they can no longer get back to it, especially as now they are relaxing, (with a view to removing), the faction divide.

2 Likes

It’s almost like PvP servers also had this same issue where most of the people on them didn’t actually care about the world pvp, and would have prefered to be left alone. :thinking:

So thanks for confirming warmode on is literally exactly like old PvP servers.

The idea of forcing people on the ground in warmode is laughable. You had tons of time before flight was introduced back into the world to gank people just trying to get about.

If you are upset that people are just mounting up and flying away so you can’t camp them, then I dunno what to say, sounds like it sucks to suck? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I would love to make a rogue and gank all day.

The real issue is not PVP server vs. warmode. It is constant realm community and reputation vs. who cares you’ll never see those people again.
I would love to see any discreet servers (prefer PVP, but I can get by without).

3 Likes

i dont see why some ppl are against it. you dont have to pick that server heh

3 Likes

then that only proves blizs thoughts , not enough PvPers to warent servers for them.

Warmode is much better . The only people who are complaining are the ones who can longer gamk low level toons who where on teh Pvp servers

2 Likes

Then you get people complaining theres no one to kill. Pvp servers always inevitably end up one sided and in turn cause the less side to just up and server transfer or in extreme cases quit the game entirely.

Theres a reason you cant pvp at the entrance to venaris sanctuary anymore. People were getting ganked left and right in what was supposed to be a protected section.

2 Likes

they dont count as they were also teh best pvE servers . If you wanted to do high level PvE you became a frostmoron if you were alliance or rolled on barf if you horde. look at teh last NA alliance hall of fame it is mainly filled with frostmourne guilds . because of teh major faction imbalance there was little WPVP so it didnt matter

1 Like

100% agree! Also the friends you make when you and a random guy are in a zone and you gotta team up to accomplish quests with getting ambushed. The intensity of the game increases 10x. A few PVP servers wouldn’t change much.

1 Like

Yes! I’d love see pvp realms return, warmode is a joke.

4 Likes

PvP servers went away because they weren’t working anymore. ‘Just don’t play on one if you don’t want to PvP’, as a lot of replies here are parroting, was already happening. What followed was what we pretty much have with today’s servers: Faction imbalances to the point where you pretty much have to pick your faction at the same time as you’re picking your server if you want to do guild-based content.

What’s the point of being on a so-called ‘PvP server’ if pretty much everyone on it is the same faction as you, and your response to anyone playing the opposite faction who complains about it is ‘you shouldn’t have picked this server?’

Anyway, I came into this thread because I had an interesting thought myself. What if the game preserved the Horde vs Alliance mentality as a core design focus? What if PvP was just enabled at all times for all content (some content probably wouldn’t work in this design, and thus probably wouldn’t exist) and the only way to opt out was simply to not play? D’you guys think the game would have the longetivity and appeal that it’s had for all these years? I personally wouldn’t play if that were the case, but I’m not presenting this thought as an attack against PvP either. I just thought it was interesting to consider a version of WoW that’s entirely PvP-enabled with no option nor servers that have it turned off and whether or not it’d be successful.

2 Likes

Ya but u can still do that with wm on

The only difference between warmode and pvp severs is u can turn warmode off
Alot of ppl who want a sever is so they cant turn it off

1- People would complain again, with changing server (losing friends they made on it) the only solution given to them.

2- Heavily unbalanced and as proven by Timeless Isle, they weren’t really looking for a fair fight so when they suddenly had to PvP same level, hell broke loose.

3- As Dendritus put :

So why put PvP servers if it’s made clear with lack of participation Warmode that few wants to do fair world pvp?

1 Like