Please address Frost mage

https://youtu.be/B1JP300j4A0

If you’re referring to this video then your comment is an extremely gross exaggeration and mischaracterization of their entire conversation.

The video itself runs 1 Hour and 44 Minutes. They talk about Frost Mage’s viability from 3:40-5:16 and then “briefly go over Frost talents, legendaries, covenant, Soulbinds, and conduits” from 1:20:00-1:30:00 (which they do for Fire and Arcane as well).

If we go off of their

then they spent a grand total of 1 minute and 36 seconds of a 1 Hour and 44 Minute video discussing this.

What did I learn about its viability through this very informative discussion?:
“Frost might see resurgence if matches slow down.”

“I saw a few groups running God Comp, Frost seems to work fine in God Comp”

“Frost could work with God Comp”

“Frost could work with a Druid, and I don’t think Druid is great right now, like a Resto Druid, but they work kind of fine together.”

Oh and let’s not forget the statement right after their 1.5 minute discussion on Frost:
“I think Fire is the best right now.”
“Fire is clearly the best right now.”

1 Like

blizzard please fix this, its just not fair

4 Likes

I’m not here whining about it. I’m making it work.
Others have made frost work as well, not just me.

Seems you’ve not ‘made frost work’ based on your logged raids - or your progress

https://worldofwarcraft_com/en-us/character/us/frostmourne/oozex/pve/raids

https://www.wowanalyzer_com/character/US/Frostmourne/Oozex/

Quit being a dishonest @zz

3 Likes

please do something!!! because ive played frost spec all mage life. everytime i raid and M + i perform so horribly with dmg meter. Its not right and fair!! always fire gets massive buffs and frost not!! you guys are making big mistake to frost players! BLIZZARD please do something before i quit this game. you will lose customer for this stupidness!

7 Likes

Try not to panic in Da Other Side when you’re trying to solo your mini boss and you cast 5++ frostbolt without any procs happening and he starts to fire those orbs that forces you to dodge around hindering you from casting more frostbolts to fish for procs and still nothing is proccing and now you add that with tyrannical and at that point you’re wishing for a cyanide pill to chew on and be done with it because everyone is now screaming why the effin frost mage couldn’t finish their side on time.

7 Likes

Lololol you got me in the feels.

3 Likes

To frost mages,

working as intended

Not caring still,
Blizz

9 Likes

yea…this is a really bad feeling. I warned my guild on a recent run that we shouldn’t try to one phase the last boss, since I doubted I could solo one totem as frost.

1 Like

Hi Blizzard balance team, you should be back from your long break this week, I dont expect any changes tomorrow as you have just got back into the office and hopefully have noticed all the frost mage complaints. If anything just address that there will be some tuning coming in the future even if there is no changes for tomorrow.

4 Likes

buff frost

4 Likes

150 pages and not a blue post or buff maybe for 2022 after they fire the rest of their staff

2 Likes

For the love of god
Buff. Frost. Mage.

4 Likes

Dear Mages,

Frost is still working as intended. No one cares your purple parses are losing to green parse moonboys.

Still on vacation until 2022,
Blizz

5 Likes

Correction. My gold parses are losing to green parses

1 Like

Blizzard is a complete jacka** for this.

3 Likes

Please do not buff frost now. I just changed to Fire. Other than the normal spec change, the biggest hurdle now are Legendary Items and Covenants. Blizzard should have listened to the community about attaching player power to Covenants. I hate Night Fae but it is the best Covenant by far for Fire and raiders do not have a choice. Now I am stuck doing Renown catchups in a laggy Ardenweald zone.

Hope you like fairies, there are lots of fairies there. Personally I’m just staying venthyr on my frost mage and dumping it for boomy until my sub runs out. The balancing is past atrocious and I refuse to give them any more money for this abomination.

4 Likes

Hey Aedreth! Been a long time! are you enjoying the new Arcane?

Frost needs to sit there and cast in order to get procs while fire can get away with spamming strong hitting instants and arcane can just spam missiles. Shatter does not feel impactful atm like how it did on the beta and shadowlands pre patch before the nerfs. Our controlled burst comet/ice nova/orb feels so weak for the cool down that it’s on. Frost has no niche in pvp not even for its slows, fire has the best controlled burst, arcane has the best sustained while being very tank and good mobility, and it’s very easy to get damage off, while frost has nothing besides it’s slows which arcane can do instantly anyways lol.

Current mage damage aura modifiers:

Arcane Mage: 0%
Fire Mage: -6%
Frost Mage: -19%

One of these things is not like the other. Seems like they overdid it and the logs support that assessment.

The week before Shadowlands launched there was an additional -4% aura applied taking Frost Mage from -15% aura to -19% aura. I believe this decision was premature and while I’m sure they based it on data from the previous build that data was incomplete and that one week was obviously not enough time for feedback on this change. This was the 4th beta build where Frost Mage nerfs were added.

We now have over a month of data including Mythic prog and world first showing that Frost is not only the worst but by a large margin. I think better changes could be made to fix Frost in the long run, but why not just roll back this one change? That is the easiest and fastest method and Blizzard can just say “we overdid it a little”.

TL;DR: FIX FROST MAGE

9 Likes