Please Add Flying to Korthia & The Maw

The fact that you have something does not negate the topic. While I doubt the OP’s wish will be met, it can be frustrating when the rares over on the island spawn and you are on the other side of Korthia from the single fast method of travel to the island.

Not everyone has the time, the patience or the availability of playing to be able to sit on spots for extended periods of time. Its not unreasonable to ask for a method of being able to get to rares, especially as planting some of them on an area that has only one method of reaching is a total nuisance. If they all spawned on the main Korthia landmass it would be a lot simpler of course.

I experienced the same frustration on Timeless Isle when one of the rates spawned up top on the lake and the only way to get there was to hop a seagull which took forever to fly the flightpath up top. While I didnt mind the whole seagull thing it was frequently frustrating nonetheless.

1 Like

Agreed, i guess you just have to make it a priority to be where you need to be perhaps ?. if i want a rare ?, i’ll park on it.

Ironically, Kronthrogz also shares spawn with Zelnithop & Reliwik. So your point here is null. Sorry.

You seem really upset by this for some reason. All I am saying is if there was an immediate portal that you could unlock (mind you this would also fit the LORE of this zone) directly to Reliwik, the time spent flying would be erased by this immediate teleport.

I do not get why you are so upset and claiming I am lying, when facts are fact. An immediate teleport is faster than a flight. Also flying directly across the chasm rather than having to run on ground to the grapple hook or back to the base to fly is also much faster.

If the flight master whistle worked in Argus zones, it should work in Korthia. They are comparable in size.

1 Like

As this content gets older, and the gear gets more powerful, the rares in this zone will be much harder to get to for unlucky collectors without flying making it easier to jump between them.

Think current day Tanaan Jungle rares or Arathi/Darkshore rares.

Or better yet please delete Korthia and the Maw…

And Oribos and Maldraxxus and Revendreth and Ardenweald and Bastion. Then the game will be really fun to play and you could make it a “Free to play” game.

To be technical, Argus had its own version of the whistle where a burrower would pop up and take you to the teleport point, that you had to buy. Course Legion was a long time ago and I might have forgotten something there.

I don’t like it when people lie.
I think that’s something worth getting upset over.

Flightpoint move speed is faster than even flying mount move speed, describing it as “extremely slow” is just untrue. The Korthia FP isn’t slower than flying, it’s faster. Comparing flight points to teleportation that doesn’t even exist seems out of left field. If that’s what you were doing you phrased it in an easy to misunderstand way.

Talking about why flying should be added then about the speed of flight points then a teleporter that doesn’t exist didn’t make what you seem to have intended to say very clear.

Yes, teleportation is faster than flight paths.

it makes sense to have flying in areas where it’s no longer current content. If there’s going to be a korthia skip in 9.2 there should be flying in korthia. also the only thing we do in the maw now is farm anima (assaults and weeklies) and some of those stygia dailies. stealthers have an easier time in the maw bc they can avoid most annoying mobs with the exception of that mounted @$%^#$% patrol. squishier classes have a harder time. the eye of the jailer is gone. the jailer went through some !#@$ portal. why can’t we fly again? the kyrian and forsworn can fly. we have access to our mounts and travel forms… the only reason is to make the time we spend in the maw & korthia take more time.
i leveled an enhancement shammy and it was super fun, blowing mobs up at 60 finishing the covenant campaign to get to korthia. i get there and my heals do less, my damage is less. everything is less. i understand the higher gear score requirement, but heals doing less. it’s like all players are artificially nerfed. adding flying would make it feel less grindy.

Just going to throw this out there. Pretty sure The Maw and Korthia zones are all smoke and mirrors and flying would ruin the illusion. It’s pretty much exactly the same as Argus.

They weren’t built with future flying in mind.

I agree with Korthia, but not the Maw. No particular reason.

1 Like

They aren’t. You can climb up most chains and mountains and whatnot then glider all over the place. It’s not Argus.

1 Like

You are doing it wrong, not at all difficult-near impossible.

It’s actually easier than you think. Get some rare spawn addon… I use silver dragon… instant notification.
I can make from the south island to popo boss before he dead if I run.
Use mount equipment where you don’t get dazed if you have too… no point with the water one, as you can fly everywhere else in SL… and korth has like… no water that I can think of…
Trust. I farmed dis biznizz daily for hrs. Rank 6 rep once/ then rank 4 on two alts. (I did use 50% rep buff for the alts :stuck_out_tongue: )
U can do it!!!

Also got the charger. Thx to addon. Just watch spawn. I’ve seen him spawn near venaris area more than anywhere else. Caught him mid-route once or twice. He also spawns north I believe. Could b wrong.
It’s ez. Just go quick and learn spawns/routes. If you don’t want an addon, watch chat? Some will emote or yell.

Lol I would actually do stuff in the maw if I could fly

4 Likes

It’s something to do instead of sitting in Oribos all day, when i am online and not queuing something. I’ve been farming Stygia Dust/Silver. Only reason flying would be useful is for these items. The locations can be ridiculous. Some spots even being bugged… like on top of cages that are actually invisible during certain cov. Assaults. Other than that… maw is ok with ground. Better than beginning with no mount!!!
(The zone does suck to navigate even with ground mount. But it OK)

I hate ground mounting. It’s slow and tedious I’ll fly or won’t do the zone unless it improves my main toons or is necessary to complete a chapter for story. Business only never for fun in ground only zones

2 Likes

I enjoy ground mount zones bcuz I get to use cool looking mounts.
I mean, ppl who use a flying mount… specifically ones that sort of “hover” over the ground, but can’t fly… those ppl make me laugh. :grin:
Srs tho. Im thankful we get ez flying in shadowlands… did you have BFA 2.0 achievement??? Did you fly in BFA and prior achievement requiring xpacs??? I can’t look at ur page rn. Buzy.
We get flying for free. Good enough.
I am jk. Flying is convenient. But ground mounts look vvickeder

only if you rp walk.

Flying in the maw would be great. I don’t see why not

1 Like